Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is Getting Ridiculous (Lack Of Unarmed Idle Animations)

SquirmyBurrito

I've been waiting more than a year (~380-something days now) and Loki still does not have any fancy unarmed idle animation. He just stands there breathing. And to prevent my from having to repeat myself (again):

All he does is stand there breathing. Don't believe me? Take your Loki, exit the arsenal menu, and just stand still. This is true of both his Agile and his Noble animation set.

Most frames have a fancy regular stance (for both animation sets) and will occasionally do something extra special. Examples: Hydroid crosses his arms and looks around.
                 Volt does that electricity thing.
                 Frost does ice stuff.

What does Loki do? Nothing. Mirage and Nova also have this problem. Nova stands around groping something invisible and Mirage stands with her hand on her hip/with her arms spread out wiggling her fingers.

Edit: I just figured I should bring this up again after hearing about the animation set things on the devstream. It'd be a shame if someone were to purchase Loki's animation set just to find out he only really has fancy secondary weapon idles.

I think it would be cool if cloak-wave flowed over the model, like this:

And he'd stay cloaked as long as you stood still! Would be hilarious when inviting people to your dojo.

I would not mind something like this if another player were to approach too close

Haaa, I see what you did there.

Edited by Go4tfi5h

I think it would be cool if cloak-wave flowed over the model, like this:

And he'd stay cloaked as long as you stood still! Would be hilarious when inviting people to your dojo.

Haaa, I see what you did there.

That would be cool. Honestly, I'd be fine with him just occasionally scratching himself. Anything is better than him being one of the few (and one of the oldest) Warframes to be left out.

I looked into this...there are unarmed anims for Loki, they must not be hooked up...I'll forward to code

Nice! This issue also reminds me of something... Is there an approx. release time for emotes & the funny idle animations swap thing?

To be honest, I'm kinda of tired of seeing my Frost slam the ground with his fist every 10 seconds in my Liset... are there any other idle animations that are going to be added cause the floor is starting to get dents...

Yup, only one animation might gtting a bit boring...Frost, y u so violent? (I remember about Earthworm Jim. Wow this character was so alive! Us tenno feel like dead bodies compared to him...)

Earthworm-Jim-embarrassed.gif

Earthworm_Jim__s_Gun_Back_fire_by_Proboc

tumblr_mjl4i1LqhH1r03eaxo1_r1_500.gif

Edited by unknow99

My Ember really likes setting one of her hands on fire. Every ten seconds or so...

... so speaking of hooking up animations, any word on when the animation packs are coming?

Or stretching in a really hot (no pun intended) fashion.  There should be more variety, I agree.

I kinda want to see one of the bigger frames (Rhino) twiddle his thumbs as an idle animation.

I looked into this...there are unarmed anims for Loki, they must not be hooked up...I'll forward to code

With that in mind, would you also take a look at the walking animation on Loki and 1 other frame that I can't rmb: In the Liset, Loki jogs around instead of walking

With that in mind, would you also take a look at the walking animation on Loki and 1 other frame that I can't rmb: In the Liset, Loki jogs around instead of walking

He jogs because he's too fast to walk. Not joking here. 

When I use any other frame, they walk. Loki's speed is too high to walk. 

Oberon doesn't have unarmed animation either.

He does, for Noble at least. He just stares at his arms and slowly bends them, then stretches them out, also stretching out his fingers, then finally placing his arms in an "X" shape, before returning to regular idle.

Edited by LazerSkink