The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Vandal Needs Buff

markus230

Look at other exclusive weapons they are much better then normal ones, they are even better than Primes. Braton Vandal have slower firing rate, and dealing less damage than Braton Prime.

Why Braton Vandal which is very rare weapon is so bad? And why its worse than Prime which can be obtained by sitting few minutes in Trade channel?

DE please make Braton Vandal useful again (just a slightly better dmg, or crit chance than Prime have) it used to be ma favourite weapon but now i think i should just change it with Prime

PS. Sorry for my poor english

Edited by markus230

I have a problem with making a weapon that I will never be able to get one of the best in the game. What do you say to a new player who asks what you're using to mow down T4? "You can't ever get this no matter what, too bad"?

Do you want Skana Prime, Lato Prime, Lato Vandal, and Snipetron Vandal to be top-tier as well?

No one said the rest of the event weapons were permanent exclusives. The other Vandals and Wraiths are all on the table for future acquisition. Exclusives are not. Exclusives should not be top-tier, full stop. Making a game that people will want to play involves letting players get the good stuff.

I'd be fine with that if there was a way to get the weapon again.

DE already said, that they may add any of the event\exclusives to the game, excluding Prime gear. Look, they actually added Brakk, so we might see this one one day too.

DE already said, that they may add any of the event\exclusives to the game, excluding Prime gear. Look, they actually added Brakk, so we might see this one one day too.

Until they do though, buffing it would just alienate the probably quite sizable population that never had a chance at it, while benefiting a group that likely already enjoys substantial accrued benefits.

Exclusive weapons should be different, not flat-out better.

Edited by Variatas

When it was first released it was a bit overpowered and had to be nerfed (several times), buffing would be more like restoring it to former glory. And it's not like there aren't other powerful weapons.

On the other hand, having a powerful weapon that noone can get would be unfair.

I would suggest that both Brandal and Prime be buffed and have near identical stats.

When it was first released it was a bit overpowered and had to be nerfed (several times), buffing would be more like restoring it to former glory. And it's not like there aren't other powerful weapons.

On the other hand, having a powerful weapon that noone can get would be unfair.

I would suggest that both Brandal and Prime be buffed and have near identical stats.

I don't remember DE nerfing the BV.  It was simply left alone while the other Bratons were buffed repeatedly, to the point where the BV was worse than the regular Braton at one point.

Right now the BV is in a good place relative to the rest of the Braton family, comparable to the prime variant.  I'd love to see both the vandal and prime versions receive a damage boost to keep them competitive with newer weapons.

I don't remember DE nerfing the BV.  It was simply left alone while the other Bratons were buffed repeatedly, to the point where the BV was worse than the regular Braton at one point.

Right now the BV is in a good place relative to the rest of the Braton family, comparable to the prime variant.  I'd love to see both the vandal and prime versions receive a damage boost to keep them competitive with newer weapons.

I remember that it was competetive with the Gorgon back when it was the best gun available and the it did significantly more damage per shot, but you could be right, can't find reliable damage values from when it was released.

When it was released it did 20 damage per shot, while the regular Braton did 16.  I remember it very well because it was exactly what I wanted at the time, a braton-type weapon with 25% more damage per bullet.

*edit* Are you thinking of the Boltor?  When it was released it did 25 damage per shot, more than the Gorgon.  And it was nerfed hard.

Edited by Fretless

I have a problem with making a weapon that I will never be able to get one of the best in the game. What do you say to a new player who asks what you're using to mow down T4? "You can't ever get this no matter what, too bad"?

So exclusives should be useless? Im not asking to make it better than Boltor Prime, also you saying like there is no other top-tier weapons, and only Braton Vandal would be useful. For now Braton Vandal only lying in my inventory, it should be good as Braton Prime or slightly better (like Latron Wraith)

When it was released it did 20 damage per shot, while the regular Braton did 16.  I remember it very well because it was exactly what I wanted at the time, a braton-type weapon with 25% more damage per bullet.

*edit* Are you thinking of the Boltor?  When it was released it did 25 damage per shot, more than the Gorgon.  And it was nerfed hard.

Actually the Braton V did 25 damage per shot when it was released, and Boltor and Bolto did 35.  Braton V then got nerfed twice (to 22 then to 20) then Braton standard got buffed twice.

Edit:  As a side note, I cannot fathom why we cannot talk of Braton V without all of the "It needs to be rereleased"-style comments.  Personally, I dont care if it gets rereleased, but what goes through people's heads that prevents them from being civil about something that was available for a day or two before most of them even knew the game existed.

Edited by Malikon

You forgot that brakk isn't a wraith/vandal weapon, and we haven't seen a re-released Wraith/vandal weapon.

No, they didn't. Exclusive means exclusive. Brakk and most of the other event weapons were *never* labelled as exclusive. BratonV, LatoV, SnipetronV, regular Snipetron, and the founders pack were.

That being said, they've changed their minds on things in the past. Frost Prime comes to mind. But I would expect them to keep a promise made of exclusivity.

Actually the Braton V did 25 damage per shot when it was released, and Boltor and Bolto did 35.  Braton V then got nerfed twice (to 22 then to 20) then Braton standard got buffed twice.

Edit:  As a side note, I cannot fathom why we cannot talk of Braton V without all of the "It needs to be rereleased"-style comments.  Personally, I dont care if it gets rereleased, but what goes through people's heads that prevents them from being civil about something that was available for a day or two before most of them even knew the game existed.

Braton Vandal:

Boltor (didn't last long, DE nerfed it hard and fast):

Though I was wrong about leaving the BV alone, looks like its damage bounced around from 20 to 18 to 22 and back to 20.  Dat memory, she's a tricky thing.

(edit: grammar is tricky too)

Edited by Fretless

I do not own a BratonV, but acknowledge that it should be roughly equal to the prime.

BratonV to 12/12/12 and BratonP to 25/8.75/6.25 with Vandal having a slight status/fire rate advantage would put them in the 'good' category, while distinctly behind the Boltor Prime (an OP weapon, we don't need more). They could both do with a minimum of 15% status.

40 damage/shot gives 352 dps and 35 gives 308 on the Braton Prime, assuming no other changes, and the damage value should lie somewhere between these.

Personally, I would like to see the Prime streamlined to almost entirely slash damage, as there are very few decent semi-auto primaries which deal slash (if any).

For comparison sake, the BoltorP does 550 dps unmodded, 350 is about standard for 'good' weapons.

Braton Vandal:

Boltor (didn't last long, DE nerfed it hard and fast):

Though I was wrong about leaving the BV alone, looks like its damage bounced around from 20 to 18 to 22 and back to 20.  Dat memory, she's a tricky thing.

(edit: grammar is tricky too)

It appears I may have been wrong about the numbers, but I was right about the nerfs <.<  My apologies.

So exclusives should be useless? Im not asking to make it better than Boltor Prime, also you saying like there is no other top-tier weapons, and only Braton Vandal would be useful. For now Braton Vandal only lying in my inventory, it should be good as Braton Prime or slightly better (like Latron Wraith)

Latron Wraith isn't better than Latron Prime, it's a side-grade.  Latron Prime is better for a Status build, or any non-crit build.  Only the crit Wraith pulls ahead, and only slightly.  And for an accurate semi-auto rifle with a long reload, that slight increase in DPS isn't even that useful.

The exclusives shouldn't really be better than their non-exclusive counterparts.  That just plainly penalizes people who didn't get them, and it's very unsatisfying for newcomers to find out that their guns are just flat out worse than something they can never earn.

There's a lot more options than just "useless" or "OP"; putting it in a territory like the Latron Wraith where it has a different set of stats that are neither better nor worse would be fine.

And if having something different isn't good enough, hey, at least you've got extra mastery points.

Edited by Variatas

• 2 weeks later...

All of the Braton family should receive a buff. Not just the Vandal/Prime. (even though I have used all of them, and still carry my Brandal from time to time)

Yeah, but they're the starter weapons.  Why would anyone pick up a Karak or a Boltor or what have you if the first gun you got was as good or better than them?

Yeah, but they're the starter weapons.

Only normal versions

there are plenty of exclusive weapons on other games that are very bad in stats

it's just to show off

Weapon should kill not shine on your back. Braton Vandal can be carried only on low level missions, on low level missions most players dont even know what is Vandal, so its not to show, because if you take it on mission like T4 then you gonna run out of ammo while killing Heavy Gunner... Other Vandals are not bad (ok maybe Lato is...) Snipetron is not that bad, same thing with Prova. Also every Wraith Weapon is good so its not the point. Weapon is a weapon and it should be able to kill something

Only normal versions

Weapon should kill not shine on your back. Braton Vandal can be carried only on low level missions, on low level missions most players dont even know what is Vandal, so its not to show, because if you take it on mission like T4 then you gonna run out of ammo while killing Heavy Gunner... Other Vandals are not bad (ok maybe Lato is...) Snipetron is not that bad, same thing with Prova. Also every Wraith Weapon is good so its not the point. Weapon is a weapon and it should be able to kill something

lol

a weapon is a weapon and it should be able to kill something

braton vandal can kill stuff

is prova vandal viable for t4?

no

is snipetron vandal?

maybe idk never had it

and braton is a starter weapon

notice how the latron wraith is top dps and the prime counter part is also pretty high dps