Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why In Lotus' Name Are The Daggers So Slow?

Lekkur

I really don't understand no matter how hard I try. I mean, come on, it's basically a stick with a metal blade. How can the Sheev i.e. be slower than the monster blade that is the Galatine. It just does not really make sense. I mean besides the Karyst there is not a single viable dagger in the game. Mainly because their DPS is so low cause of their extremely slow attack speed even though it goes against the very idea of Daggers. They are meant to be easy to transport and have attack quickly. Go in-> stab people as quickly as possible-> go away. And isn't that exactly the fighting style a Ninja (means in wider extend the Tenno) should aim for? 

It only gets worse by the fact that Pointed Wing (the stance the most recent Daggers use) slows them down additionally, no matter how cool it looks, it just does not compensate enough for that (huge drawback). I swear I can stab people faster with a dagger so the super-human people that are Tenno should be able to as well.

Rant over, had to get that out of my system.

They are still slower than let's say a sword. Simply from logic a single (and dual dagger) should be one of the fastest weapon types in the game. Denying them that is just stupid in my opinion. Maybe a heavy weapon is slower than a dagger but that does not solve the problem that every other light weapon feels 20x faster than a dagger.

i dont get it, i have a few daggers and they are everything else then slow :-)

And would you go out into high level missions and go with "melee only". Under quotation marks cause those damn drones are annoying. And in comparison to a sword they are pretty slow. Which shouldn't be the case

I still think, that daggers are way to slow and have to agree with OP. Daggers should be fast weapons and the "fast" daggers in this game are not even faster than some swords.

What is the point of a small weapon, that does not deal that much damage nd has a small range, if it is not even fast? The only fast attacks are the quick attacks and ...well. Why did we even get melee 2.0 if we just use quick attacks anyway?

Why did we even get melee 2.0 if we just use quick attacks anyway?

been asking the same ever since melee 2.0

the problem is that the stances makes the weapon slower and pretty much unpredictable

take the stance for dual ichors (cant remember its name)

it has a "charge" attack that makes you jump forward

i can see it being usefull in some situations

but when useing a berserk build and spamming E you often pull of the combo by mistake and getting "pulled" away from your location and that can get you killed the unpredictability and speed of the combos makes them useless

and some combos are too annoying to pull of in the middle of a fight that they never gets use

or are too hard to aim

and its too bad becous alot of them looks amazing

If I remember correctly, daggers are actually faster than they appear to be. Because of the way DE designed melee, Heavy weapons despite their supposed superior aspd are actually slower because the animations are longer, those pauses at the end of each swing for heavy weapons are part of the animation which is why it needs the higher aspd to get through it, daggers on the other hand have very short to the point animations with little(or no) wasted frames of animation. So their lower aspd actually feels faster. Why DE went about this the most roundabout way possible I don't know but that's what they did.

Increasing ASPD basically just shortens animations, but since the heavy weapon animations are longer to begin with even with the same aspd they end up being slower than 'lighter' weapons

The quick attack on Sheev is rather godly, but the stances (I only own Homing Fang, so my perception is probably skewed) contain waay too many slowly executed animations.

And seeing how it's impossible to perform the "pause" and "hold" combos any reliably while in combat, I'm stuck getting in two short hits... And a long, lengthy stab.

While the stats imply that they are slower than the heavy weapons, they really aren't. 0.7 for a dagger is still quicker than 1.0 for a greatsword. Don't ask me how it works, but that's how it is. If you had used both heavy and light weapons you'd see this very clearly.

It's a bit of an inversion from the old ways. Before damage 2.0 a low number meant they were slow. After 2.0 a low number means melee is fast.

While the stats imply that they are slower than the heavy weapons, they really aren't. 0.7 for a dagger is still quicker than 1.0 for a greatsword. Don't ask me how it works, but that's how it is. If you had used both heavy and light weapons you'd see this very clearly.

I believe that the attack speeds are now a multiplier of sorts, rather than an actually attacks per second value.

Revamping Pointed Wind

I'm SO happy about this. Pointed Wind is plainly horrible atm. Unbearably slow and sluggish, no attack bonus, no handy moving-forward combos. Nothing helpful at all. It just lowers your overall DPS and daggers are not so powerful to begin with. If any stance requires a rework — it's Pointed Wind.

Edited by AlienOvermind