Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix The Daggers Already, De

Shizzuie

Because I'm pretty freaking tired of seeing daggers that are as slow or slower than a gigantic sword/hammer/scythe =D!

Example:

Things that are faster then these....

250px-DEHeatDagger.png250px-DarkDagger.png250px-KarystDagger.png

Are....

250px-GrnJetPwrPolearm.png

250px-PrimeScindo.png250px-DEScindo.png

250px-Galatine_o.png

250px-ReaperPrime.png

250px-EtherScythe.png

And guess what is slower then ALL of those!

250px-GrineerCombatKnife.png

DE, Could you please make daggers faster then gigantic pieces of metal or a hammer that has a car engine in it?

[EDIT]

Daggers need to have increased attack speed and increased proc effectiveness such as increasing the damage that bleeding enemies take to 50 - 100% of the weapons dmg.

[EDIT]

For those making jokes about the attack speeds of daggers; 0.7 is hits per second, that means you are hitting the enemy once every 1.4 secs. Think I'm full of crap? watch

video and see how slow daggers are even with stances. Edited by Shizzuie

Technically, they would start out much slower, then once momentum was gained (a good while later), they would be faster than the daggers, but very hard to stop. Like a hammer with a freakin jet engine in it.

Daggers are as slow or slower then before they build up momentum.

Also! The heavy weapon stances make them faster but the dagger stances make them slower then they are without them.

Dude, jet engines make things go fast, so i dunno wtf u talkin bout

Lol

Anyway, yeah, what really bothers me is that slow attack speed also affects the jump attack animation as well and the standing up part

yes, but, you would need the jet engine to lift it off the ground in the first place.

0.2 AtkSpd can make the difference.

Edit: It's just you people asking a bit too much, when you already have everything.

The difference being that it makes ALMOST all daggers hit at least once per second?

[EDIT] Asking for too much? This shouldn't be like this in the first place!

Edited by Shizzuie

Instead of just being faster they need to be given a trait that defines the weapon class.

I mean, even if they all were blazing fast they're still typically crap weapons. 

A thousands stabs can sometimes do more damage then a single hit.

Also, the faster you hit means the higher the chance you have to apply a status per second.

The difference being that it makes ALMOST all daggers hit at least once per second?

Sheev, even at 0.7 Attack Speed, is quite fast when using Quick Melee. Even other daggers.

I mean, even if they all were blazing fast they're still typically crap weapons. 

Edited by Vannell

A thousands stabs can sometimes do more damage then a single hit.

Also, the faster you hit means the higher the chance you have to apply a status per second.

I could kill any level 25-30 enemy faster by using the chat at them. They're crap weapons when you consider that their competition often boasts rapid kill times. I should never be spending more then 2 seconds on an enemy in a higher leveled mission unless I'm trying to get backpacked by people who brought real gear.

There isn't a single good reason to have a Dagger. Even with a speed buff many of them would still be useless.

Sheev, even at 0.7 Attack Speed, is quite fast when using Quick Melee. Even other daggers.

Quick Melee? Do you mean Quickening? Because I am going to tell you this now, All daggers should be that fast to begin with without mods and that should be pure fact.

I could kill any level 25-30 enemy faster by using the chat at them. They're crap weapons when you consider that their competition often boasts rapid kill times. I should never be spending more then 2 seconds on an enemy in a higher leveled mission unless I'm trying to get backpacked by people who brought real gear.

There isn't a single good reason to have a Dagger. Even with a speed buff many of them would still be useless.

Then give daggers an overall buff. Daggers should be fast hitting weapons with low attack dmg that relies on speed and wounds(procs) to do maximum amount of damage.

Edited by Shizzuie

Hehe i wish you could throw those daggers at enemies feet to stun them and then shoot them in the head ;D

+ If u don't equip melee and just spam "E" button it works same as any other fast melee weapon in the game :)

Got no clue why players are complaining over this "speed problem" , I guess they watched some "Youtubers" videos where they complain about it :P

(Yeah "Sheev" was free event item <.< complains???)

Oh by the way, I totally forgot I had Spoiled Strike *sweatdrop* But that doesn't even change the fact that I find Sheev even at base 0.7 AtkSpd (and not 0.5 *facepalm*)

Edit: Thanks Basurci :)

Edit2: 0.9 with Fury mod on *lol*

Edited by Vannell

Then give daggers an overall buff. Daggers should be fast hitting weapons with low attack dmg that relies on speed and wounds(procs) to do maximum amount of damage.

That's unfortunate. It'd pretty much guarantee they'll never be good.

'Lightly damaging weapons that rely and speed and procs' don't really have a place in any of the later content. Sure, it's cute for Mercury but then again anything is. A fart on mercury is potent enough damage to hold down the fort.

'Speed and procs' will not help minimize the damage from a horde of level 30 enemies spread about a room. It wont help you against level 40s let alone level 60s. It's more and more worthless as levels increase. At least, if you bring a high damage weapon, you can count of it being useful just a little while longer before scaling kills it's viability.

Procs are cool but they can not carry a weapon on their own. Weapons that rely solely on procs simply require the play be smart enough to have a weapon that actually kills stuff in their back pocket.

You can't convince me that a weapon like the Sheev (.7 attack speed) is slower than the Galatine (1.0 attack speed.)  Attack speed only has bearing within the weapon class.  It's based on the average for that weapon class.  The sheev is the slowest of the daggers, but that's still pretty fast compared to most melee weapons.

As for actual damage output, next to weapons like the cleavers, kronen and orthos prime to name a few exceptionals, MOST melee weapons are crap by comparison.