Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Drakgoon Not Gibbing Anything

Tr1ples1xer

Hello, with the new slash damage mods I have had lots of fun turning weapons which would never gib into gibbing machines, as you can tell I really love the gore in this game and nothing is more satisfying then splitting enemies in half (or more) with my guns !

I know slash damage dominant weapons all can gib, BUT the drakgoon which is one of the most skewed towards slash damage weapon in the game almost never gibs (1 in 100 maybe) even adding those new slash mods does nothing.

To me the drakgoon is the perfect weapon to shred enemies into pieces but for some reason its the worst of all the slash weapons, even when charging it goes through the enemy and does nothing :(

This weapon should pulverise enemies even when not charging, I mean point blank to the face with the drakgoon should leave a mark no ?  so I ask again, why is the drakgoon not doing anything, shooting shards of metal that does nothing at all not even scratch the enemy is not very satisfying, this weapon should be the ultimate gibbing machine but now its the ultimate place holder on my weapon shelf, DE what's up with the drakgoon ?

i could say the same thing about the mitter...

Gibs seem to happen when a successful slash proc happens. Perhaps the slash proc mechanics for the Drakgoon aren't working properly?

Something is strange indeed because every other slash weapon don't need a proc to gib, usually slash proc gives bleed anyway.

Only these 2 slash weapons are very lacking in the producing gibs department and to me its the 2 that should gib 100% of the time, not 99%, 100% its weird.

True. We need more gore to satisfy our primal nature.

I'm not a violent guy in any kinda of way, we're only talking about pixels here of course ...

I do love seeing some kind of feedback when I shoot bullets on a character model though, I love seeing the damage done (bullet wounds/damage decals/physic of impact) exactly where my bullets hit, otherwise its very stale imo.

Thats why I want drakgoon and mitter to explode enemies in pieces.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

I'm not entirely sure that charging the Drakgoon does anything except tighten the spread. Also as far as shotguns go, yes point blank to the face should do something, but the extra wide barrel would still mean you only hit with 2/3 the pellets. You'd need a full charge to hit them with everything, like a cannon.

Also regarding the game itself some weapons have really wonky hitboxes, for example snipers have theirs at the end, and they're so long, that you can stick your sniper rifle through a guy and fire and the bullet will never touch him. Something like that might be happening here.

I'm not a violent guy in any kinda of way, we're only talking about pixels here of course ...

I do love seeing some kind of feedback when I shoot bullets on a character model though, I love seeing the damage done (bullet wounds/damage decals/physic of impact) exactly where my bullets hit, otherwise its very stale imo.

Thats why I want drakgoon and mitter to explode enemies in pieces.

Go play Unreal Tournament then.

It'd be nice if the Drakgoon (Flak Cannon) and Miter (Ripper) both gibbed enemies properly, but there hasn't been much change to the gore mechanics of a weapon in quite some time unless I'm mistaken.

It'd be nice if the Drakgoon (Flak Cannon) and Miter (Ripper) both gibbed enemies properly, but there hasn't been much change to the gore mechanics of a weapon in quite some time unless I'm mistaken.

I know, the gore is better in this game for sure but its crippled by rng. Imo all weapons should do some kind of damage on the model 100% of the time and not be dependant on rng. With the new slash mods ive been having lots of fun with weapons I would otherwise not play, plenty of weapons can now be skewed for slash damage, marelok slash build is fun !!

I know what you mean. That's why I still play UT99 every now and then! Ripper headshots...serving up enemies chunky style with the Flak Cannon...good times!

Same here. It's got to be something else in the weapon code, as the Drak has a higher ratio of Slash damage to Puncture and Impact. Has anyone tried using Shredder as well on this to see if it helps?

Perhaps it has to do with the innate punch-through of the weapon?

Edited by MirageKnight