Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Give The Supra Infinite Ammo

Sixty5

Yes I absolutely would turn down CP and OS.

Does the Supra deserve a buff? Yes.

Should the Supra get innate ammo regen? It could, but I don't see the point when we can already help with that. 

Do you gimp yourself when using the mods that helps with the ammo consumption? Yes, and if Supra needs these measures (and I'm not convinced it does) there should absolutely be a balance chance to either improve Supra or nerf other weapons that are eerily strong.

Put it this way, the Supra has a higher mastery requirement than the Soma, is a much more expensive weapon, holds less ammo, does less damage, and has a harder time hitting targets.

The only thing the Supra does better than the Soma (a gun that it should outclass by all rights of Progression) is the fact that puncture is a better damage type on non-proc weapons, though even that is debatable

Changing the Supra to run off an overheat system wouldn't fix any of that, but it would give it a niche.

The problem with running scavenger or ammo mutation is that you are not only gimping yourself by using the Supra, you are crippling yourself further by losing out on the extra damage.

Furthermore that does nothing to compensate for the 4.2 seconds you have to spend reloading the thing.

Sure you can run fast hands, but then if you also want ammo mutation, you have lost out on two mods that will buff your damage, and you'll still have to spend 3.2 seconds reloading the thing.

That is the base of my reasoning

Put it this way, the Supra has a higher mastery requirement than the Soma, is a much more expensive weapon, holds less ammo, does less damage, and has a harder time hitting targets.

The only thing the Supra does better than the Soma (a gun that it should outclass by all rights of Progression) is the fact that puncture is a better damage type on non-proc weapons, though even that is debatable

Changing the Supra to run off an overheat system wouldn't fix any of that, but it would give it a niche.

The problem with running scavenger or ammo mutation is that you are not only gimping yourself by using the Supra, you are crippling yourself further by losing out on the extra damage.

Furthermore that does nothing to compensate for the 4.2 seconds you have to spend reloading the thing.

Sure you can run fast hands, but then if you also want ammo mutation, you have lost out on two mods that will buff your damage, and you'll still have to spend 3.2 seconds reloading the thing.

That is the base of my reasoning

The problem with that specific niche, I find, is that if we start disregarding every ammo mods out there (and they are there) and buff weapons as if they didn't exist, we're just making said mods irrelevant, and irrelevant mods do not help leads to less variety in builds. 

I honestly wouldn't mind nerfing the Soma and Boltor Prime to bring them in line, but that's another matter. 

As I said, yes, we can technically turn the Supra into an overheat gun system. But if it needs that to compete with other automatics, I think the problem is with the unrealistic automatics we are comparing the Supra to. 

The problem with that specific niche, I find, is that if we start disregarding every ammo mods out there (and they are there) and buff weapons as if they didn't exist, we're just making said mods irrelevant, and irrelevant mods do not help leads to less variety in builds. 

I honestly wouldn't mind nerfing the Soma and Boltor Prime to bring them in line, but that's another matter. 

As I said, yes, we can technically turn the Supra into an overheat gun system. But if it needs that to compete with other automatics, I think the problem is with the unrealistic automatics we are comparing the Supra to. 

The Supra doesn't need this sort of change specifically to make it better, but having a bunch of guns that deal similar level of DPS with pretty much the same mechanics kinda makes the weapon choice feel bland. 

I'd much rather see some weapons (IE special clantech gear) get interesting mechanics in order to balance them out.

You could double the Supra's damage and give it 300 ammo per clip, but even then I doubt anyone would run ammo mods on it. 

You talk about disregarding ammo mods, but unfortunately, for the most part, they have already been permanently relegated to the toilet of our inventories.

Have all my Yay.

I'd rather do it the other way around though.

Instead of giving it 120 Mag, it should have no Mag at all, but make it limited by the Overheat.

If you manage your Heat well, f.e. firing in bursts, or with short pauses in between.

If you just spray and pray however, at some point you will overheat, at which point you will need to 'de-heat' it, which basically will be a long reload, resetting your Heta to zero.

I had a similiar idea with ammo regen a while back for a concept for a gun. Personally, I think it should be just that. New guns should perhaps get such a mechanic, but others might find it odd to give a weapon that's been around for a while a new mechanic. I don't find much wrong with it, but I predict most people at this point are just going to tell you "slap on an ammo mutation"

If I had a say, why not?

+1

Edited by SgtFlex

Well, they're not gonna turn down the competition any time soon, so why not buff?

Don't know if I posted in here yet, but here goes lol

Supra is screaming to have a cooldown mechanic instead of ammo.

•Make it an energy weapon, you hold down the trigger and it gets hotter and hotter and shoots faster and faster

•If it overheats you have to stop shooting so it can cool off

•You can still shoot it, but it has to "spool up" again as usual

Or, if we decide to keep the magazine/ammo feature:

Once the Supra consumes all the ammo in a magazine, if you continue to fire it with 0 in the mag, it glows and starts to draw Energy from the warframe and uses that like ammo. Shots fired this way are guaranteed red crits. You can prevent the Supra from draining warframe energy by simply reloading when the magazine is empty.

And just cuz its relevant, even if it does work differently than I suggested here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/298162-charge-mechanic-for-the-amprex/

Edited by DarkTails

It doesnt have to be red crits, I'm just not sure what other neat effect it could have given how limited the options are x_X

But if I had to defend it, red crits would be alright because of the low accuracy, it keeps it from being too OP

Edited by DarkTails

It doesnt have to be red crits, I'm just not sure what other neat effect it could have given how limited the options are x_X

But if I had to defend it, red crits would be alright because of the low accuracy, it keeps it from being too OP

There is always a damage multiplier, or perhaps increased bullet speed and accuracy

The problem is that it doesn't mesh with the more traditional cooldown mechanic I've gotten attached to.

Not saying it is a bad idea, hell it would be really cool as a mechanic on an orokin energy weapon, meshing with Tenno power.

Just doesn't really fit with corpus weapons imo.