Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Never Heard Of This Forgotten Weapon...

Chaosdreamer

It has the potential to really dish out a serious helping of hurt.

The problem is it's difficult to actually translate this into actual use. There are essentially four things that work against you as the user. One, the long reload time. Two, inaccuracy (more on this later). Three, projectile flight speed. Four, recoil.

Two of these you can so something about, one you can't do anything about, and the other...more later. If you try and mitigate recoil or reload speed, you'll give up potential damage output. You can't do a damned thing about projectile speed and it'll be a thorn in your side no matter what. The accuracy is so poor that you may as well use heavy caliber, since it seriously can't get any worse (4.5 vs. 6.5 = who cares, it sucks no matter what).

So, the thing is a plasma hose of doom, but only inside a telephone booth. If you're going to use it, you have to find that telephone booth. This is a matter of tactics. What you'll find is you'll be looking for groups of enemies wadded in narrow and/or confined spaces. When you find them, you smokecheck them. Then you reload and look for the next bunch.

It's not a distance weapon. It's not an efficient weapon. You have to get close and unload. It'll obliterate large groups of concentrated enemies very easily. That's what this gun is all about.

The problem is it's difficult to actually translate this into actual use. There are essentially four things that work against you as the user. One, the long reload time. Two, inaccuracy (more on this later). Three, projectile flight speed. Four, recoil.

Two of these you can so something about, one you can't do anything about, and the other...more later. If you try and mitigate recoil or reload speed, you'll give up potential damage output. You can't do a damned thing about projectile speed and it'll be a thorn in your side no matter what. The accuracy is so poor that you may as well use heavy caliber, since it seriously can't get any worse (4.5 vs. 6.5 = who cares, it sucks no matter what).

So, the thing is a plasma hose of doom, but only inside a telephone booth. If you're going to use it, you have to find that telephone booth. This is a matter of tactics. What you'll find is you'll be looking for groups of enemies wadded in narrow and/or confined spaces. When you find them, you smokecheck them. Then you reload and look for the next bunch.

It's not a distance weapon. It's not an efficient weapon. You have to get close and unload. It'll obliterate large groups of concentrated enemies very easily. That's what this gun is all about.

EXACTLY.

It is NOT a weapon for every situation, hence why many people don't bother to use it. The projectile speed hurts the worst in my experience. Everything else can be mitigated with mods, but not that.

But I DO have fun with it occasionally.There is something to be said for spraying a laser hose across a corridor filled with bad guys and seeing a smoking pile of leftovers after.

Edited by Kalenath

There is nothing really wrong with the damage that the Supra deals, it is fairly well balanced.

The thing that lets it down is its ammo economy, reload time and capacity.

To that end I wrote up a topic about how I'd like to see it changed here

What it boils down to is replacing the ammo mechanic with a cooldown mechanic, effectively giving the weapon unlimited ammo.

The time to regen a full clip would remain basically the same as a reload now, but by managing your shots would mean never having to wait at all.

I've just finished my 6 Forma Supra, and it shreds everything on Mirage, outperforming multiple Boltor Primes, but then again that is just Mirage for you.

It's just the ammo and reload that let it down.

Also I will say that Mirage is by far the best user of the Supra, HoM turns your spray into a wall, and the damage buff of eclipse is great as well. Plus eclipse is great for reload cancelling, you only save a fraction of a second, but it is worth it.

Edited by Sixty5

Heh, I find myself using it on Mirage quite a bit myself. I used it with her in the Cryotic Front event and those long narrow corridors were a death trap for corpus if they stumbled into Mirage's path. Outside...not so much. But that's what secondaries are for.

It's a beast, but it's beastly to use, too.

The Supra's drawbacks make it an interesting weapon and it deserves to be powerful.  The situation was OK at the start of Damage 2.0 but since then, needlessly powerful options have populated the weapon pool.  I don't think the Supra even needs a buff; it's powerful enough as is and a buff would just make it overpowered like the usual suspects.  Everything else needs to be toned down, with the Supra re-evaluated for small QoL buffs.

I still cant understand why weaker weapons have these heavy drawbacls when much more damaging weapons dont

This is fine, IMO.  Weapons should be like this: challenging to use, but rewarding. 

I still cant understand why weaker weapons have these heavy drawbacls when much more damaging weapons dont

power creep

I feel sad for Supra, being a weapon ranked higher than Soma makes me want to personally buff it myself... but I can't.

Here's a list:

- Supra has a mastery rank of 7

- It's a Clan Lab weapon

- Its reload time spans 4.2 seconds (probably the longest of the lot)

- It deals mediocre damage compared to most assault rifles

- It has an unlikely battery capacity of 90 that will be churn down in seconds, with 12.5 shots per second.

- It has bullet travel time.

- It uses relatively 1st generation Critical builds. Which is 2.5% Crit chance with 150% Crit damage.

- It's status chance is even lower than Gorgon.

Supra is being left out with many weapons of similar ranks, that even Flux Rifle got buff right in front of it.

I don't why you people still complain why Supra shouldn't be buffed.

But me? I don't just want a buff, I demand it.

I wouldn't complain about a buff. It'd be great. Just not counting on one.

In a lot of ways, it's similar to the situation the Braton Prime finds itself. They're both old weapons that are difficult to get/build that have been left by the wayside by the continuous stream of newer better weapons.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Supra Vandal or even a Wraith variant in some future event. I seriously doubt it'll get changed otherwise.

I love my supra. Put a lot of work into it with formas. It is pretty powerful at close range and it feels great to be able to wipeout hallways since the spread is so wide. However, the reload time and projectile flight speed really bring the weapon down in terms of damage on target considering most of your shots miss. 

It is upsetting that all this time, the supra has still been left out. I realize there are more priorities but please a simple look over the weapon would be nice. Even a mention in a dev stream would give some hope. 

The main problem in MR and weapons like supra which got high mastery rank requirement  is the fact that there is none logical conection between them. Just look at Boltor prime(MR 0) and Paris prime (MR 4). Two most powerfull weapons in game and you can get them at 4 mastery rank. We make new weapons to get higher mastery rank to get more powerfull tools of destruction,but here the system is totally broken. Supra should be buffed.

Base dmg should be much higher
Magazine/ clip size is definietly to small you start shooting got wind up time and when weapon reaches maximum fire rate magazine is empty...

Maybe just replace the magazine mechanic with somethink like overheat mechanic and energy pool instead of standard magazine mechanic. Just imagine you have power core in weapon rechargable from normal ammunition and no clip size. You start shooting and fire rate is growing and power core of weapon overheats. Magazine capacity mods would increase the maximum overheat level and reload mods could decrease cooldown time for weapon.

i know its crazy idea but using weapon with mechanic like this could be much more interesting and perfectly suits to Supra  :)

Someone has to say it: Boltor Prime has roughly doubled base damage, is MR0(which I can't find words for), is much easier to use.

I know, it's the standard comparison which is nuts because the bob prime is nuts, but it is like it is.

The Supra is just old.

DMG stat-wise Supra isn't overwhelmingly bad. But that's pure dmg statistics - and since it spreads as hell, has a lovely projectile-travel-time... well, it could really use some love.

Someone mentioned Dera (maybe OP?) getting buffs and whatnot. I'm not sure but I just checked it and it's stats look so bad I'm actually surprised I still have it.

The funny thing is: On paper the Boar Prime looks better, but we are speaking about using it on melee range.

Theoretically the Supra isn't even bad at all. The problem is that there exists something better for less effort.

If you get a better car for a cheaper price and don't need a racer license to use it, the only thing that keeps one using the other option are irrational reasons.

I always wanted to like the Supra. Back then I needed a week to gather all ressources and build the fieldrons. I wanted to polarize it until it bursts... in the end the Synapse was the weapon that defined my loadout for a long time.