The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Big Is The Player Base On Pc Right Now?

(PSN)Gage_VH

That game's RNG's worst than Warframe's. It probably won't be that long. :)

I wouldn't say that much. It is slightly more straightforward and not as mind numbing getting crucible swank than getting prime gear. The reward system needs to be fixed though(guy AFKing entire match receiving legendaries is kinda silly).

Have any proof to back up that accusation? 

No only, steams overwhelming popularity, but neither do you.

only downside is your steam friends cannot see you playing warframe. 

Now you're just making crap up, I enjoy having my 500 games in one place instead of having to hunt for each of them in my house/on various websites when I want to play one, also access to all your games from anywhere with internet connection, sales, instant updates, helpful reviews on the games store page and big integrated communities.

There's almost 5M people online on steam right now 

f0xNFkh.jpg

You can check various articles that say when a game goes on steam it gets a HUGE boost in sales/popularity compared to the pre-steam release.

No only, steams overwhelming popularity, but neither do you.

Now you're just making crap up, I enjoy having my 500 games in one place instead of having to hunt for each of them in my house/on various websites when I want to play one, also access to all your games from anywhere with internet connection, sales, instant updates, helpful reviews on the games store page and big integrated communities.

There's almost 5M people online on steam right now 

f0xNFkh.jpg

You can check various articles that say when a game goes on steam it gets a HUGE boost in sales/popularity compared to the pre-steam release.

I feel the need to point out I am not saying anything bad about steam. I use it myself for pretty much everything except warframe. And the reasons I don't use it for warframe is that downloading 10+ GB again is something I won't do and last time I had it on steam my performance was worse.

I am simply stating that I think a large portion of players do not use steam, anything from 5%+ can be considered a large portion of players.

This is what irks me about the internet right here. 

I feel the need to point out I am not saying anything bad about steam. I use it myself for pretty much everything except warframe. And the reasons I don't use it for warframe is that downloading 10+ GB again is something I won't do and last time I had it on steam my performance was worse.

I am simply stating that I think a large portion of players do not use steam, anything from 5%+ can be considered a large portion of players.

Oooh, I'm sorry, we have a different definition of a large portion, also I thought you meant larger portion as in more players use non-steam client, I read your post wrong and I apologise.

I don't use steam for warframe either, waste of time.

Well, not really if you have steam on all the time. You also don't need to use steam to launch it you can launch it without steam too. I'd say its an extra step if you use steam for nothing but warframe, but when you have a large library in steam and always have it open anyway it isn't. Also by not using steam you miss out on some nice skins like rubedo skin.

Edited by Echoa

Or you could drink OJ from the carton and stop wasting time.

That'd be just launching it directly which you can still do after installation in steam so really not seeing your point. If you don't want to its all fine and dandy but its really just another way to install it.

The game can be converted without redownloading the majority of its files. But the performance does get an impact, true.

Another reason, besides convinience of having a number of games stored in one place, is the exclusive skins. Some people switched over to Steam when they were giving away the phased/rubedo skins on sales, I think.

Edited by Artarrwen

I have Steam, but I launch Warframe using the standalone (I had at one time launched Warframe through Steam to bind my accounts, but after that point I didn't).

The reasons is because the standalone version is a lot easier to diagnose and deal with. I can't tell you how many times I've said "Why would you do that? Never do that!" to people who thought that verifying the game with Steam's verify tool would help (hint: it doesn't, it just makes you redownload the game entirely followed by all of the patches that Steam has yet to add to the server repositories for the game).

And I would bet a good majority of players don't use steam so...

Aye, screw steam, useless pile of buggy crap, none of my friends play from steam also, and I'm willing to bet steam makes up the minority of online PC users.

Not sure if serious or not...

And I would bet a good majority of players don't use steam so...

Aye, screw steam, useless pile of buggy crap, none of my friends play from steam also, and I'm willing to bet steam makes up the minority of online PC users.

Personally I don't think it would be correct to say that steam users are in the minority. Warframes release on Steam into open beta was what got it publicity. Personally I hadn't even heard of DE until I found Warframe on steam.

anything from 5%+ can be considered a large portion of players.

e5266273.gif

What's 5% of 8 million? Yes its 400K now tell me that is an insignificant amount of players? 

ElBAGsg.png

5% is a significant amount.