Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Attica

randomepicroffletroll

It is worth it. It recently got a huge buff in the form of doubling the firerate, doubling the mag size, and boosting the damage. It also is the only weapon that makes effective use of Thunderbolt, so make sure to use that. 

It's wickedly fun with Thunderbolt, and with the latest buff it's now mildly effective late-game. It's no Latron Prime/Wraith, however, and certainly no Boltor Prime/Soma or Dread/Paris Prime. Meaning that you should use it however you want and blast anyone who tells you not to.

It's got nice crowd-control with Thunderbolt, but for pure dps you probably don't want it. Then again, the Attica isn't really meant for pure dps anyways, so I suggest you go wild.

I haven't made it yet. but I hear all around me rumors that it's a bad weapon. and I just wanted to know is the attica worth the patatoes and the forma's. and when it's not can you please buff it up

Some weapons are not supposed to be viable thats the point of a balanced game some weapons are good for some things others are not. Example Pangolian Sword. Moving on Just becuase its not 100% viable or a boltor prime does not mean it needs a buff. OP is not good it wrecks the game. So dont ask for buffs on balanced weapons. The attica is balanced very much so. It has great crit and with thunderbolt AOE knock down. So it is a good weapon already. Perfectly balanced.

The Thunderbolt Attica is one of the strongest weapons in the game, especially if you forma and mod it to max. Throw extra blast damage on it and you'll get a huge radius of damage and a lot of knockdown, great even for high level cc. This is pretty much my weapon of choice for ODD and high level dark sector defense. Definitely worth the resources, a potato, and some forma if you have it.

I haven't made it yet. but I hear all around me rumors that it's a bad weapon. and I just wanted to know is the attica worth the patatoes and the forma's. and when it's not can you please buff it up

Some weapons are not supposed to be viable thats the point of a balanced game some weapons are good for some things others are not. Example Pangolian Sword. Moving on Just becuase its not 100% viable or a boltor prime does not mean it needs a buff. OP is not good it wrecks the game. So dont ask for buffs on balanced weapons. The attica is balanced very much so. It has great crit and with thunderbolt AOE knock down. So it is a good weapon already. Perfectly balanced.

The Thunderbolt Attica is one of the strongest weapons in the game, especially if you forma and mod it to max. Throw extra blast damage on it and you'll get a huge radius of damage and a lot of knockdown, great even for high level cc. This is pretty much my weapon of choice for ODD and high level dark sector defense. Definitely worth the resources, a potato, and some forma if you have it.

because i am not so good in modding can you tell me the build :). ( thanks i am making it right now, you are a huge help).

Build: top row, Split chamber, serration, heavy Cal and Thunderbolt.

Bottom row: Your two elementals (dep on faction) speed trigger + a random

switch out speed trigger for shred the punch through really helps thunderbolt as the bolts explode after passing through your enemies therefore allowing you to hit the center of a group. Moreover if you have the dual stat elementals use those. you can aquire the poison ones from T4 void vor or I can give you some for free.

Attica is a DPS machine. It's on par with the Boltor P. Ignore thunderbolt if you want to maximize DPS.

http://goo.gl/fAkm7H

The problem being that for the damage output it has, its damage is still noticeably below the Boltor Prime. I'm able to keep the same status chance, 1.2m of Punch Through, and ~1.5k better burst and sustained dps with the Boltor Prime. Both weapons have travel time, so the Attica doesn't have hit-scan going for it like the Soma, and your build relies on crits, which is more viable on paper than it is in-game because it's somewhat unreliable if you don't have 100%+ crit chance.

There are three basic advantages the Attica has over the Boltor Prime:

1. Better ammo efficiency. The Attica is one of the most efficient weapons in the game, while the Boltor Prime is about mid-tier in the ammo department. Not horrible by any means, but the Attica is much, much better in this regard. So, it's good for when you're going a long time with only your one Primary Weapon, and you don't have any ammo pads.

2. It's more easily attainable. This is generally speaking, of course, but that's something to consider for newbies.

3. It can use Thunderbolt. While I probably wouldn't put Thunderbolt on the Boltor Prime regardless, if the Attica is going to be less powerful in comparison (without advantages such as hit-scan) then you might as well try something different for it.

because i am not so good in modding can you tell me the build :). ( thanks i am making it right now, you are a huge help).

Here are my builds:

Critical Build

2014-10-07_00002_zps6d09664b.jpg

You could also forma it again and throw on the puncture damage mod, or an element.

Status/Crowd Control Build

2014-10-07_00001_zps22ea97e7.jpg

You could also forma again for an extra 90% fire or ice to increase the blast damage, I don't rifle aptitude is worth is the polarity, but its your choice.

The problem being that for the damage output it has, its damage is still noticeably below the Boltor Prime. I'm able to keep the same status chance, 1.2m of Punch Through, and ~1.5k better burst and sustained dps with the Boltor Prime. Both weapons have travel time, so the Attica doesn't have hit-scan going for it like the Soma, and your build relies on crits, which is more viable on paper than it is in-game because it's somewhat unreliable if you don't have 100%+ crit chance.

Aye, I will agree with you that the Attica is more difficult to use than the Boltor P. I will disagree that crits are unreliable however, but this is a matter of preference. Although I'm curious as to how you're getting 1.5k more burst DPS from the Boltor P (assuming you're using shred, which it sounds like). If you're using a blast combination (would net you 28k DPS if you're looking at DPS from the sidebar as opposed to from details), then I wouldn't factor that in as blast is not very good vs most factions.

Attica (Corrosive+Heat): http://goo.gl/QGIp3h

15284137137_104c5581a5_b.jpg

Boltor P(Corrosive+Blast):http://goo.gl/5TC3vm

15283994380_e4ce97523d_o.png

Boltor P (Corrosive+Heat): http://goo.gl/KVQp1H

15470797705_f3c2ac712c_b.jpg

But, if we put shred on Attica...

Attica (Shred): http://goo.gl/z0ohrd

15284050380_8542100493_b.jpg

Note: I'm using ferrite armor as a reference, since T4 heavy gunners use ferrite, and they're arguably the most annoying enemy to take down.

Also, I know this is all calculator work. For the most part this is all up to personal preference. Personally, I've forma'd both of these to the max but my weapon of choice is neither. I'm just showing how the Attica can perform up with the big boys.

Edited by HolidayPi3

Here are my builds:

Critical Build

2014-10-07_00002_zps6d09664b.jpg

You could also forma it again and throw on the puncture damage mod, or an element.

Status/Crowd Control Build

2014-10-07_00001_zps22ea97e7.jpg

You could also forma again for an extra 90% fire or ice to increase the blast damage, I don't rifle aptitude is worth is the polarity, but its your choice.

thanks you helped a lot. i think i am going to enjoy it alot