Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blind Justice Is The Perfect Stance Name For The Tenno

Azawarau

Hmm guess there's some people who are into street fighter Warframe, I'm not one of them for sure and will likely never be, I can just quickmelee stuff to shreds while you try pressing the right combo buttons, all the while my gun is equipped for "other" targets.

Now if only we had charge back... wow.

@LanceAtredeis I disagree that melee is more effective than Gunplay, although fun is relative to whomever is using it, but using melee in a defense setting in particular is impractical. First off and foremost you have to put yourself in danger (now this has nothing to do with the fun factor, just the practicality of it) second no melee weapon can kill at range like guns can (unless you count bows as melee) and lastly guns can kill faster and in greater numbers than melee weapons, example would be penta, torid Boltor Prime the list goes on. I won't assume because of the number of your posts that you have played a long time, but I think your missing the practicality of how melee fits in that setting. To engage a enemy you have to close thus leaving the pod unguarded by one, while your taking the time to hack and slash, your teammates have killed twice the amount. People forget it's all about the survival of the pod not how many kills you can get.

I'm gonna bet and say blind justice is a reference to the japanese character Zatoichi because:

1) Swordman.

2) Blind.

3) His sword fighting style is called reverse style.

Other than that i don't have it...

Nailed it :)  Tim did the animations as an homage to Zatoichi

@LanceAtredeis I disagree that melee is more effective than Gunplay, although fun is relative to whomever is using it, but using melee in a defense setting in particular is impractical. First off and foremost you have to put yourself in danger (now this has nothing to do with the fun factor, just the practicality of it) second no melee weapon can kill at range like guns can (unless you count bows as melee) and lastly guns can kill faster and in greater numbers than melee weapons, example would be penta, torid Boltor Prime the list goes on. I won't assume because of the number of your posts that you have played a long time, but I think your missing the practicality of how melee fits in that setting. To engage a enemy you have to close thus leaving the pod unguarded by one, while your taking the time to hack and slash, your teammates have killed twice the amount. People forget it's all about the survival of the pod not how many kills you can get.

Firstly you forgot Glaive, which is ranged and AoE. Let's ignore that for these purposes though and look at melee viability.

Secondly, Melee has a much higher damage per 'shot' than most ranged weapons, and hits all within range. Melee also staggers, preventing you from trading shot-for-shot with enemies. Imagine each melee swing as a mini-AoE, allowing it to quickly incapacitate and kill everything within short range. Melee also allows you to regain life.

For maneuverable players, melee can definitely kill or par with guns. No need to acquire individual targets, no need to reload, no need to rest up for shields or life. It's a totally viable playstyle in many gameplay situations. Sure, there are some mission types and tilesets where most encounters happen at range, and in those cases melee suffers...but those are the exception and not the rule. Gap closing attacks such as the new air dash, and coptering help address that.

It really represents what they stand for as far as we know nee?

were not judges, were hit men we don't believe in justice just orders.

Go home Loki, you're sleep deprived from watching too much Grineer Girls Gone Wild.

did you record that one i missed it :D

Decisive Judgement is too.

"Ok you're dead."

And then they die.

man sound likeS Dredd, "I AM THE LAW!!!".

Blind justice ... maybe you're right also , i guess why it's Stalker droping it

SPOILERS!!!

Stalker drops it? 

Crap. 

Well, time to get my farm on. 

we farm more than the average farmville player ;_;

@Everyone else

The Tenno really are more in the dark than anyone else but they claim to be the balance and justice in the galaxy

stalker is a vigilante (organization? i kinda refuse to think there is only one as he claims to remember the Orokin era), if we are "in the dark" then stalker is the one that hunts the shadows, which makes him in the least a darker shade.

because he can take it, because he's not a hero, he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector, a Dark Knight...  wait wrong media.

I didn't really want to mess with wall of text people but...

Firstly you forgot Glaive, which is ranged and AoE. Let's ignore that for these purposes though and look at melee viability.

you got that one right and since throwing is "a move" but it can still make regular combos it still counts as melee, and a few other stances have combos with ranged melee i know that at least scythes do.

Secondly, Melee has a much higher damage per 'shot' than most ranged weapons, and hits all within range. Melee also staggers, preventing you from trading shot-for-shot with enemies. Imagine each melee swing as a mini-AoE, allowing it to quickly incapacitate and kill everything within short range. Melee also allows you to regain life.

only some weapons hit within range, single swords and both single and dual daggers do not, or at least they didn't before and i haven't noticed a change on that with mine, the regain life is only with life strike and on channeling, its more "it can be made to" than "it does", and even stagger wont help with bullets so against enemies with big ranged damage you will eventually fall(yeah i know you can block but you block or attack not both)

no need to rest up for shields or life. It's a totally viable playstyle in many gameplay situations. 

it is viable but without the frames with heavy armor (Rhino or Valkyr and to a lesser extend frost and Saryn ), defense skills (Zephyr or Mirage) or invisible ability (Loki and Ash) you do need to rest up and recharge.

there's no real reason to use one or the other so i use it more for burst dps and hit and run tactics.

@NotionPhil I stand corrected about the Glaive I did forget that one, but my main point is you still have to close with the enemy(with the Glaive as an exception) to achieve any benefit from melee thus putting yourself at risk and your team in danger of having to abandon the pod to revive you if things do not go well, and even with reloading or having to aim a gun will always be a more practical choice in a defensive setting. This is just my opinion in regards to defense missions. I have always thought, though I love using them, if there were less guns in the game, and I mean down to maybe a couple of rifles, no rocket launchers, more like flintlock laser rifles like in old Japan, then I believe Warframe would have been the Ninja in space game it was ment to be, but once again that is just my thought:)

Nailed it :)  Tim did the animations as an homage to Zatoichi

Damn, one of these days i have to watch one of the classic movies. I only saw the modern one with Takeshi Kitano.

I wonder how that one was recieved by fans of the series? I actualy quite enjoyed that one.

lil' bit off topic, Blind Justice is also the name of a song from Konami's Bemani series :)  >>

I wondered if there's anyone who enjoys rhythm games in DE team after seeing this stance name?

+1

Pop n' Music on my psp playing it as we speak, it's one of my favorites songs at higher button speeds :D