Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Aborted A T1 Survival

Lunamaniac

I felt like going for a quick 20 minute survival before I had to go do something else, so I picked a random team from recruiting.

I started the mission without a nekros and casually explained that if we were lucky we'd make 20-30 mins if we stick together.  One guy says "We can make 40", I say "Even better".

Everyone runs off in a different direction.

Guy says "If we split up we kill more enemies"

I say "Actually it's kind of the reverse, enemies don't spawn in rooms with players so splitting up limits their spawning."

Guy agrees and is modest and reasonable about it, we have 5 mins of blissful cooperation with enemies galore.

Suddenly everyone runs off.

I say "Try to stick together".  No response.

I stick like glue to one of the players.  Just us two get semi decent spawns.

Other guy says "Bad spawns" and we run out of air at 10 mins.

I abort.

Mehh... I have 675 hours logged (level 13) and still run off on survivals more than I should. #lonetennothings

We were literally all together in a room one minute, next minute I see 3 little tenno icons on opposite ends of the map.

Without a nekros little excursions are fine, you'll never get very far anyway but it makes a huge difference with a nekros.  Being on opposite sides of the map makes a huge difference no matter what.

Thats why i usually go solo, cant trust pug

The thing is I wasn't expecting much in the first place :x

To be fair part of the problem is DE not fixing a mode that is basically broken.  The benefit to sticking together should be safety in numbers and not some abstract factor in the enemy spawning algorithm.

Sticking together is fine, but too often people fail to move forward to where the gas has moved and go down and you have to race back to save them (and fail, usually) while the oxygen runs out.  This is the reverse of the rushing off in every direction to chase spawns.  Staying because the spawns are good when you should move to stay together.

Just some of the fun of pugging a cooperative game.  Enjoy the 20+ minute pug survivals when they happen, but don't expect them to come often.  :P

What's really odd is if you get 3 players and actually stick within the same spawn room, you'll be totally fine. One you have four players, the mobs don't seem to scale up as well.

Running off into the distance causes a few issues.

One being that it fractures spawn timing and points by triggering each room you run through, granted you're probably not there long enough due to just continually running forward.

Two is that if that person dies, they're now a burden for the other players in the team to either run and revive that person, or ignore. Either option means you're not really working as a team simply because someone wants to play solo in a multiplayer environment.

When you play with randoms, you shouldn't expect too much from them, even as a host.  90% of them will just do what they want and I'm usually fine with that.  The one thing in Survival which I can't stand is someone hitting the life support too soon and wasting them.  Most understand this, but you will get the occasional rogue or noob. :(

The other thing about Void survivals is the random map and life support spawns.  A good portion of the time the map layout and life support spawns are decent enough that you don't need a Nekros to get to the 40 mins mark.  However, I've played on a few map layouts that were utterly horrible, and even a Nekros couldn't help much there.

That's the very definition of that word I just made up... It was also how people justified racism: with "facts."

Don't do it. Individuals are individuals.

I'm not though. I only see it in my games with rhinos XD.. I'm not kidding. (AND /ONE/ VALKYR) 

We were literally all together in a room one minute, next minute I see 3 little tenno icons on opposite ends of the map.

Without a nekros little excursions are fine, you'll never get very far anyway but it makes a huge difference with a nekros.  Being on opposite sides of the map makes a huge difference no matter what.

I try to stick together but if no one else makes an effort, then I usually don't bother.  Depends on the PUG :p ...still solo survivals are fun :D

I'm not though. I only see it in my games with rhinos XD.. I'm not kidding. (AND /ONE/ VALKYR) 

Anecdotal evidence.  Useful for developing hypotheses but not for reaching conclusions.  The Bureau for Tenno Affairs demands science!

That's the very definition of that word I just made up... It was also how people justified racism: with "facts."

Don't do it. Individuals are individuals.

Well, worst players tend to flock onto Rhino. Not all of them, but wast majority is using him.

Don't be framecist.

Not all Rhinos are bad- but he can easily be considered the best frame stat-wise like his Rifle counterpart Boltor Prime; and therefore will be used by the most players- especially not so skilled players who don't even begin to consider team work or synergy to be part of the game experience.