Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Gunz Players] Which Warframe Feels More Like K-Styling?

Zorgulus

Just got in game, it asks me between Excalibur, Mag and Volt, which one (or if there's any other Warframes that can be bought outside of those 3) is the most k-styling-like.

For those who don't know what I'm referring to,

Which Warframe is the most jumping/speedy/button smashing/reflex/ninja? 

D. None of the Above.

No I'm afraid how you play the game is solely how you would 'K-style' anything. The frames themselves do not enable you to do much more than any other in terms of movement. Only certain frames like Loki are inherently faster by a noticeable degree, but that only relates to sprint speed.

There must be some similarities to some extent.

I'm not sure how to ask my question, considering I haven't played the game in a long time and I haven't checked out the other Warframes.

Regarding their spells for instance, is there one that's more close quarter/stealth/ninja, one that requires more hand-to-hand or faster reflex combat? The most agile/flexible Warframe, I guess?

Edited by Zorgulus

I'm not sure how to ask my question, considering I haven't played the game in a long time and I haven't checked out the other Warframes.

Regarding their spells for instance, is there one that's more close quarter/stealth/ninja, one that requires more hand-to-hand or faster reflex combat? The most agile/flexible Warframe, I guess?

There used to be Loki before U14, he sounds exactly like what you're after. But he was removed due to new players not knowing how to use him properly and consequently dying left right and center

The closest to what you're asking for from the 3 starters is definitely Excalibur and to some degree Volt.

Edited by KilelrDrone492

No I'm not sure you completely understand how this game works. You can use any frame any way you like. There are none that "require" anything. If you want to play fast-paced slash-em-up, do it! 

The only real defining factors in this game are room-clearing 'ultimates' or various Crowd Control abilities that make it slightly easier. In the end, every frame can use any weapon at any time. While you may be hard pressed to survive large engagements while attempting to melee everything, it is your choice in how you want to make it survivable based on warframe abilities.

That's still not how the game works and there are zero similarities.

Each Warframe has its own health/shields/armor/energy/stamina/run speed values, along with four unique abilities that can only be used by the respective Warframe. These abilities range from buffs, utility, support, mobility and damage. Whatever Warframe you select/use has no influence towards what weapons you can or can't use.

Since you're asking for close quarter/stealth/ninja, I guess Ash/Loki fits that.

Hand-to-Hand/Faster reflex combat would be anyone, since that's just melee in general and nothing to do with Warframes. However, Valkyr's fourth ability makes her strictly melee for a duration and her second ability gives you and your allies an attack speed/armor buff, while debuffing enemy attack speed/movement speed. Volt's second ability also buffs you and your allies' attack speed/movement speed.

Most agile/flexible, probably Ash/Loki again.

You should probably Youtube some videos. There's Warframe Profile videos on their official channel that briefly explains each Warframes' abilities. There's probably player-made videos out there that give more insight. But honestly, I don't think what you're asking is related to the Warframes themselves. What you want to know is how melee works in this game. Like I said, it's nothing like k-styling. So if you end up being disappointed, that's fine. Probably won't be your cup of tea, seeing as you're trying to fish for comparisons to GunZ, which literally, there are none (unless you want to count wall running, but that's not unique in itself).

With said videos, consider the dates that they're posted. Some things may be outdated.

Edited by GottaGoFast

if you are looking for kstyle etc, this is not that game

i was a player from the old gunz servers, and i do like it here. wall running works rather similarly to gunz. its more refined and you can count on it working 90% of the time.

instead of dash, we have coptering. takes some readjustments but it works :D

That's still not how the game works and there are zero similarities.

Each Warframe has its own health/shields/armor/energy/stamina/run speed values, along with four unique abilities that can only be used by the respective Warframe. These abilities range from buffs, utility, support, mobility and damage. Whatever Warframe you select/use has no influence towards what weapons you can or can't use.

Since you're asking for close quarter/stealth/ninja, I guess Ash/Loki fits that.

Hand-to-Hand/Faster reflex combat would be anyone, since that's just melee in general and nothing to do with Warframes. However, Valkyr's fourth ability makes her strictly melee for a duration and her second ability gives you and your allies an attack speed/armor buff, while debuffing enemy attack speed/movement speed. Volt's second ability also buffs you and your allies' attack speed/movement speed.

Most agile/flexible, probably Ash/Loki again.

You should probably Youtube some videos. There's Warframe Profile videos on their official channel that briefly explains each Warframes' abilities. There's probably player-made videos out there that give more insight. But honestly, I don't think what you're asking is related to the Warframes themselves. What you want to know is how melee works in this game. Like I said, it's nothing like k-styling. So if you end up being disappointed, that's fine. Probably won't be your cup of tea, seeing as you're trying to fish for comparisons to GunZ, which literally, there are none (unless you want to count wall running, but that's not unique in itself).

With said videos, consider the dates that they're posted. Some things may be outdated.

In regards to warframe research. I believe Mogamu has abunch of videos to help with that.

D. None of the Above.

No I'm afraid how you play the game is solely how you would 'K-style' anything. The frames themselves do not enable you to do much more than any other in terms of movement. Only certain frames like Loki are inherently faster by a noticeable degree, but that only relates to sprint speed.

You forgot how Zepy glides. She is the only one with unique jumping movement that allows her to jump longer distances because she jumps like she in Zero-G perpetually. Not fast though. Not by a long shot. Just one heck of a hardcore tank not stronger than Rhino, but close to it.

You forgot how Zepy glides. She is the only one with unique jumping movement that allows her to jump longer distances because she jumps like she in Zero-G perpetually. Not fast though. Not by a long shot. Just one heck of a hardcore tank not stronger than Rhino, but close to it.

Does turbulence work properly now?

Does turbulence work properly now?

Turbulence seems to block bullets from directly infront of you as it should if that is what your asking. Plus if you add max vigor, vitality, and redirection good lord her health, and shield is the HIGHEST in the game.

No frame is even remotely close to K-Styling, and i'm glad.

K-Style ruined Gunz for me, bunch of idiots who think its the only way to go with their goddam breakers and swords.... and then look down upon any other way of playing.

They used to rage at me for being a "sprayer" and a "runner"...yet they were okay with spamming the same bs tactic the whole time. It's one of the reasons I quit Gunz.

From what I gather you're looking for a mobile stealth focused melee warframe?

Note:  If you would like detailed information I would go check out the wiki: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Warframes

Mogamu's Youtube channel is also very good if you would rather watch videos instead: https://www.youtube.com/user/mogamuTV

Of the starting frames you would probably want Excalibur.  His blind and slash dash will allow you to get closer faster and chop everything to bits. 

Volt however is a more balanced frame.  Volt's first ability is very good, deals decent damage and can be modded to have extremely low cost and cooldown.  His other abilities are balanced between damage and support skills.

If I was to start a new account knowing what I do now, I would pick Volt because of how balanced he is as a frame.  His HP is a bit on the low side, but he makes up for it by having above average shield.  Excal has balanced HP and shield and is generally pretty durable.

"Stealth" focused frames would be Loki and Ash.  Loki can stay invisible for a long time.  Ash's invis is short.  If you really want to put the 'ninja' in "space ninja' I would go for Ash. I mean one of his abilities is a shurken throw.

Other melee focused frames would be Rhino (VERY tanky, slow and focused on support) and Valkyr (Very much a berserker and has very good skills for melee focused play)

If you want extreme mobility you will want to use my favorite frame: Zephyr.  The "Birdy-frame" Zephyr jumps higher and falls slower than any other frame.  With the right mods you can make her jump ability allow you to fly over entire rooms if you have the space.  She also has excellent HP and shield which combined with her mobility and shield ability make her VERY hard to kill.  She's harder to build than most of the frames in the game due to a special material that you have to farm.  Totally worth it though.

None. Because this is not Gunz.

How can you even compare these games?...

Because it is the nature of the internet to create irrelevant comparisons?

Just accept that this is what people do and do your best to provide useful information.  Everyone comes out better off this way.