Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can U Change This Please De - Mods Conflicts For Sentinels/weapons

darkness222

Honestly I hate that I have to have seperate mods for my sentinal weapon since I got started playing this again after my computwr crashed my kubrow died and I'm looking forward to useing my dusty sentinals especially my helios so is there anyway u are able to make the sentinal weapons be able to use the mods you have on you primary/melee because its a bit annoying having to rank separate mods up to use for my sentinal -Darkness222

I'm totally fine with having to keep different mods for my regular and sentinel weapons. It makes sense that you can use the same Serration on Braton and Latron, since you can't take both into the mission. It doesn't for Braton and Wyrm's Laser Rifle.

However, I wish mods equipped to sentinel weapons would get a different marker than other weapons, or already check when equipping them if they are equipped in a weapon of the other category. It always annoys me a little that I have to equip e.g. Burst Laser and leave the arsenal to find out if I put the correct Barrel Diffusion in my pistol.

No.

Sentinel weapons have the advantage of being moddable with the disadvantage of sharing mods with your guns.

It is fine.

I disagree you should be able to use two seperate hell chambers rather it different level then each other. One in your shotgun and one in your sent shotgun, unless they changed it, it will make you remove the mod even if it's not the one that being used in the warframe guns. I find this annoying and stupid. It not even the one that being used but a unused mod of the same thing, you should be able to put it on your sent. Might as well make it so you no longer get more of any existing mods that you have if they don't allow this.

Edited by genclaymore

Might as well make it so you no longer get more of any existing mods that you have if they don't allow this.

No, quite the contrary - if they allowed mod sharing they might as well remove those mods from the drop table because you wouldn't need them..?

No, quite the contrary - if they allowed mod sharing they might as well remove those mods from the drop table because you wouldn't need them..?

I mean in regards to just using the other items to just rank up the mod instead of using the same mod to do it to a limit.

I'm totally fine with having to keep different mods for my regular and sentinel weapons. It makes sense that you can use the same Serration on Braton and Latron, since you can't take both into the mission. It doesn't for Braton and Wyrm's Laser Rifle.

No, actually it makes no sense that you can, for example, put a maxed serration on your Braton and also on your Latron, and although you take the Latron into battle, there is no conflict. Is there a frantic little mod fairy that quickly removes this mod from your Braton when you equip your Latron, in between keystrokes?

Remember, it is 1 mod, 1 physical entity, that you are somehow able to place simultaneously on several different weapons. Why are sentinel weapons any different? If we follow the "logic" being used with sentinel weapons as with primary weapons, we would have to unequip each mod and re equip them on the primary weapons we want to use. The contradiction lies with treating mods for weapons and sentinel weapons as distinct and separate entities, but not on your single weapon class.

In fact, it makes more sense to me that you can use the same mod for both your current weapon and sentinel weapon.  At least they are going to the same place lol. Do we have to reequip our maxed serrations on each rifle we own when we get back to our liset? No. Why?

These magical single mods that can be equipped on 20 different weapons but need no reequipping depending on current use are "amazing".

(Unless when modding a weapon you are essentially doing a "theoretical" setup, where the mod isn't actually placed on the weapon, but is designated for that weapon in lieu of equipping it.   This does make sense.)

Edited by (PS4)PoeticProdigal

Is there a frantic little mod fairy that quickly removes this mod from your Braton when you equip your Latron, in between keystrokes?

Erm, yes? Before we were allowed to use the same mod on different items, this frantic little mod fairy was you. Whenever I swapped my frame or weapons, I had to take several mods out of the currently equipped and put them into the new one.

Erm, yes? Before we were allowed to use the same mod on different items, this frantic little mod fairy was you. Whenever I swapped my frame or weapons, I had to take several mods out of the currently equipped and put them into the new one.

Well it sounds like this little mod fairy needs to broaden her duties to include sentinels xD

Joking aside, i didn't know it used to be that way. Yikes! However, I think that if DE took that step they can take it a bit further with the sentinel weapons.

Well, as you said, each mod represents a physical item. And you can't put the exact same pin-back button on your coat and your dog's collar when you go out to town, could you? For a while, it was possible to use e.g. the same Pressure Point for your melee weapon and Deconstructor - but it would only work on one of them, as mods can apply their effect to just one active item at a time.

Well, as you said, each mod represents a physical item. And you can't put the exact same pin-back button on your coat and your dog's collar when you go out to town, could you? For a while, it was possible to use e.g. the same Pressure Point for your melee weapon and Deconstructor - but it would only work on one of them, as mods can apply their effect to just one active item at a time.

That's exactly my point. You can't put that exact pin-back button on 20 coats simultaneously either (i.e 1 Maxed Serration mod on 20 different rifles). Yet they circumvented that logical concept as you said, but still maintain "logic" in regards to sentinel weapons.

I will just pretend to assume that each mod placement is a "theoretical setup" in lieu of equipping that weapon. That's the only assumption I can make that renders this conflict less frustrating.

Edited by (PS4)PoeticProdigal