Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Dual Greatswords Be Ever A Thing?

MegpoidBeetle

I'd imagine this is how it would be if dual greatswords becomes a thing

Any other fictional characters with dual greatswords or dual sythes or some crazy weapon wielding guy staright out of an anime or comic, etc.?

this isn't an anime game:

Bustermarm_Sword.JPG

dual weilding this? you must be insane

He must be Superman...

As cool as that would be, the only frame that I can possibly even imagine wielding 2 heavy weapons would be Rhino/prime.  Maybe Frost/prime as well. Maybe.

The rest? No chance. They already have trouble lifting 1.

I mean, really, they are heavy weapons for a reason.

The day Broberon learns how to walk on his hands and grows hands out of his Hooves/Feet, then maybe.

It's not really a question of whether or not the Warframes are capable of doing it (They probably can, Banshee is hella skinny though), it's whether or not it's appropriate, which I honestly think it isn't.

They would be excessively large, unwieldy, and inefficient for combat in a majority of tilesets. It's the reason why we don't have full-size scythes. I don't know if you realize just how massive the Galatine itself is. I can't possibly imagine using two of them in combat simultaneously without insane clipping issues and absurd range.

The closest we'll likely get to dual greatswords is are a pair of actual dual swords. Which again are rather unlikely because it's more realistic to use a sword + dagger (or shortsword) combo rather than two full-size swords.

Then again, it's a game about ninja-warrior space gods.

Edited by Draciusen

Well regarding how the weapons would be too heavy for our Warframe to use, it could lore-wise be like Reaper Prime and Orthos Prime, crafted out of purest rubidium thus making it extremely light-weight.

Why not just craft them out of oxium? It's a lighter-than-air alloy, after all. Edited by GaleRoar

As cool as that would be, the only frame that I can possibly even imagine wielding 2 heavy weapons would be Rhino/prime.  Maybe Frost/prime as well. Maybe.

The rest? No chance. They already have trouble lifting 1.

I mean, really, they are heavy weapons for a reason.

Zephys can beat rhino at arm wrestling, I know, I was there!........Wait.... or was that a hallucination?

If a warframe like this will appear... but no, never. Too much things to make it balanced with the other warframes.

It will never happen: how could you balance 4 birds flipped together? Not counting feet ofc...

The mystical power of quad flipped birds is worse than a doomsday weapon...

Well regarding how the weapons would be too heavy for our Warframe to use, it could lore-wise be like Reaper Prime and Orthos Prime, crafted out of purest rubidium thus making it extremely light-weight.

And somehow non-reactive too. 

Who the hell would craft their blades out of pure rubidium? Once you take it out in air, it just reacts with water and oxygen to produce quite a few flames. 

And somehow non-reactive too. 

Who the hell would craft their blades out of pure rubidium? Once you take it out in air, it just reacts with water and oxygen to produce quite a few flames. 

I know, but that's what Reaper Prime's and Orthos Prime's description stated. I'm just guessing either that the rubidium in Warframe's universe is different or like what Reaper Prime's description said: "Reaper Prime is an ornamental scythe, with a blade forged from tempered rubidium."