Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Being "reported" For Having An Opinion...

Cowhawk

It was their fault, they jumped all over you for no reason.  And I don't hold it against you at all for snapping back at him, he/she deserved it, they were being completely unreasonable.  They jumped on you for saying something that wasn't offensive and for something you couldn't have even predicted would have offended anyone.  Under some circumstances I'd say you may have needlessly used some insults, but I get the impression that that person was a spoiled child that thinks its only ok if you agree with them, otherwise its offensive.

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Well, think about it a bit, if someone told you "you must not get out much" when you think your own argument is right, won't you get angry? It's not necessarily "offensive" per se, but just something that can rile a person up. 

I know, I was just trying to humorously point out than in these very forums, this kind of thinly-veiled insults and ad-hominem fly around constantly and it doesn't seem like anyone is punished for it. I should have said "is that considered reportable" for more clarity instead.

I know, I was just trying to humorously point out than in these very forums, this kind of thinly-veiled insults and ad-hominem fly around constantly and it doesn't seem like anyone is punished for it. I should have said "is that considered reportable" for more clarity instead.

Oh, I see what you mean, I don't think that's something that is reportable. The guy possibly reported for the "**** child" part. 

Edit:

Actually reading through it again, the red person reported for "abusive language" which I'm guessing was definitely the "**** child" part. 

I think the yellow person was slightly immature here, but the red person I agree with, because OP was getting a little too heated (as he has said himself). 

Edited by kuliise

Oh, I see what you mean, I don't think that's something that is reportable. The guy possibly reported for the "**** child" part. 

but as i had stated earlier...there is a profanity filter...if he can see what i can typed...then he has turned it off...and so he really shouldn't be offended by it...

My opinion on that anyways =]

but as i had stated earlier...there is a profanity filter...if he can see what i can typed...then he has turned it off...and so he really shouldn't be offended by it...

My opinion on that anyways =]

I think it's probably not that his was turned off or on, it was the fact that you were calling them names kind of needlessly. Yes, you're entitled to your opinion, but there's no reason to be slightly rude about it. If someone is offended by something silly (which did happen in this case), you can be the better man and treat them with respect even if they don't deserve it. 

Edit: To add to that, I don't think any of us have the authority to say what someone should be offended or not offended by. So, we just have to roll with the punches, if someone is offended, that's their problem. We don't need to be offended by them being offended though, you get what I mean?

Edited by kuliise

A lot of the times it is mercy, as it is usually quite minor, as I imagine is how the OP will be treated if there is ever a report against them.

Can you please enlighten me on how the punishment works? Since I have reported players before for harassment/afk leeching (complete with screenshots). I'm not sure if they really do take steps in alleviating the problem.

Just want to know if I'm just wasting my time on doing something if nothing is going to happen anyway.

Edited by -CM-Asmud

if I ever run into someone like that I start telling more opinions till they hate me. As for language if they turned the filter off thats on them its not like it was consistent harassment nor was it direct insulting, both parties were provoked and continued to talk. No one could be punished for this conversation other then to make a point which would cause huge backlash anyway. I doubt they even reported you.

Although I do love kubrows, I do agree that what you said is not in any case a Report worthy offense, it was simply your opinion and all they had to do was just say, "Alright, its fine then." In turn, they start conflicts by being affected by opinions. In other words, people just seriously need to stop taking things so serious :P.

I don't know man seems reportable to me... Remember that Rebecca loves kubrows, so it is safe to say OP is probably going to get banned for life.

/sarcasm

@OP I think you are in the right here, "Yellow bar" was being sensitive and "red bar" was backing him up while maintaining the facade of responsibility. You have a right to your opinion, and you have the right of free speech. I see this conversation as "You don't like kubrows? Huh, now I wonder why I invited you. Oh, you're defending your opinion? Not acceptable. Reported for not having MY opinion. But don't worry, I'll pretend that I was reporting you for something like language."

THAT, is my opinion. Otherwise prove my point and hit the report button.

I don't know man seems reportable to me... Remember that Rebecca loves kubrows, so it is safe to say OP is probably going to get banned for life.

/sarcasm

@OP I think you are in the right here, "Yellow bar" was being sensitive and "red bar" was backing him up while maintaining the facade of responsibility. You have a right to your opinion, and you have the right of free speech. I see this conversation as "You don't like kubrows? Huh, now I wonder why I invited you. Oh, you're defending your opinion? Not acceptable. Reported for not having MY opinion. But don't worry, I'll pretend that I was reporting you for something like language."

THAT, is my opinion. Otherwise prove my point and hit the report button.

I would respectfully disagree with you. I agree that "yellow bar" was being sensitive, but "red bar" probably doesn't care if anyone hates or loves kubrows, to me it seemed like he was backing up "yellow bar" because OP was insulting "yellow bar" as a sort of kneejerk reaction to "yellow bar"'s sensitiveness. 

If anyone was in the right here, I would say it would be "red bar"—if he hadn't reported. As it stands, I don't think anyone was in the right here.

Edited by kuliise

I would respectfully disagree with you. I agree that "yellow bar" was being sensitive, but "red bar" probably doesn't care if anyone hates or loves kubrows, to me it seemed like he was backing up "yellow bar" because OP was insulting "yellow bar" as a sort of kneejerk reaction to "yellow bar"'s sensitiveness. 

If anyone was in the right here, I would say it would be "red bar"—if he hadn't reported. As it stands, I don't think anyone was in the right here.

Yes, I can understand that. The way I think when I see this is: "yellow bar" is the instigator, yet "red bar" tells OP to "keep his opinions to himself" even though he is really the victim at this point (he has said something that is really just an innocent statement, and hasn't said anything but "calm down" at this point). That said, if "red bar" didn't appear biased (we see that he is in favor of kubrows early on) I would probably see this the same way.

Yes, I can understand that. The way I think when I see this is: "yellow bar" is the instigator, yet "red bar" tells OP to "keep his opinions to himself" even though he is really the victim at this point (he has said something that is really just an innocent statement, and hasn't said anything but "calm down" at this point). That said, if "red bar" didn't appear biased (we see that he is in favor of kubrows early on) I would probably see this the same way.

I think OP stopped being a victim when he started the "chill out" stuff. If he hadn't started with the "chill out" stuff, then I would agree with you that he was the victim. Here though, it looks more like OP was originally the victim, but then "yellow bar" started becoming the victim once OP started getting a bit heated.

I'm not quite following how "red bar" appeared biased to kubrows though; if anything, he was "biased" to "yellow bar". I don't think we can make a logical jump there to say that he was biased to kubrows when he never outright states it. 

Pretty much like talking to a Hallway hero who doesnt want to get a few meters back to let all the team share the xp

Loast cause dude... be glad it was just a Vay Hek run

Yeah i've had people like this in T4 Survival runs...which is never good...especially when they are spitefully releasing oxygen early...