Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate: Will We Finallly Fight Alongside Human Soldiers?

arch111

So, Syndicates. They are smaller than Corpus or Grineer, but really they are factions in their own right.

Now for my question.

The ideoligies differ wildly, not to mention they stem from various points of origin.

Therefore I conclude the soldiers from each Syndicate will have a unique style.

Besides wearing the Emblem, they should wear helmets and armor and skins so they stand apart.

Some Crewmen, Moas and Grineer might actually be part of their ranks, but how do you see them now that Proxy Wars is so close to being released?

What are your expectations, hopes and wishes for the Tenno's soon to be allies?

aren't grineer's human? :/

Cybernetic human clones

Perhaps clones of clones if we refer to the concept art dev stream

But some 'real' humans would be interesting to enounter

Side note: the corpus are humans but are cultic in their machine worship - I think they could be biomechanical too potentially

/WH40K reference

I mean human like the Red Veil are human, like the resque targets are human.

This is the first time in WF history that DE can be creative and actually show us the colonists we know are there.

Take the Meridian. They are led by a Grineer veteran. This do not mean that they are all Grineer deserters, in fact this would be sort of silly.

The Corpus live for centuries, not really humans now are they?

I mean human like the Red Veil are human, like the resque targets are human.

This is the first time in WF history that DE can be creative and actually show us the colonists we know are there.

Take the Meridian. They are led by a Grineer veteran. This do not mean that they are all Grineer deserters, in fact this would be sort of silly.

The Corpus live for centuries, not really humans now are they?

Humans with good medicine. Simple as that- Corpus are well off with tons of brilliant scientists allowing them to have the technology to greatly expand their lifespan.

Everything in warframe except the Sentients, Ancients, and possibly Orokin rulers, were at one point human.  So technically we already do.

Yes, but would you not rather meet actual colonists in the game?

We need some good way of spotting the enemy troops.

I picture it like being Spartans amid soldiers or the Empire in Warhammer 40k.

Everything in warframe except the Sentients, Ancients, and possibly Orokin rulers, were at one point human.  So technically we already do.

Actually the Ancients were also at one point human. They represent what the progression of the technocyte virus.

Hence the name: Ancients

I think OP's talking about "real humans" as New Loka would refer to them.

With all the medicine the Corpus have, they probs arn't "pure human" anymore, intact I'd doubt that the Corpus that do append up living for centuries have nothing but artificial organs to keep them going.

But screw new Loka, bloody space hippies.

Preserve. Collect. Clarify.

-Cephalon Suda

The problem with this is that you assume that they'll do anything but give us stuff.

Granted, I too am hyped for MOA pets.

Also, you're assuming that a Tenno's first response to seeing a civilian is not pressing 4. That's a pretty terrible assumption to make, and Radial Javelin in particular is capable of impaling even friendly Tenno.

Edited by ChronoEclipse

If they have proper armed forces, they wouldn't need to rely on Tenno as proxies. I doubt we'd fight alongside actual separatists/rebels/syndicates, rather we just fight at their behest.

Remember how the Red Veil guys fared the last time they tried anything.

The Syndicates most likely won't exist as proper factions like the Grineer or Corpus. They won't have units or missions.

They exist mostly in the lore.

Its already confurmed that they all have their own death squads. So implementing them as allies isnt all that dificult.

Amd in reaction to Shion963(please don't rip off my nails!) ; They have armed forces so you fight beside them, not instead of them. Besides where do you think the ranks would come from? Highest resources contributed? Not trying to be a male genitalia here, just saying you could perhaps argument your points better next time.

The deathsquads were never confirmed; there was just a mention of possible consequences and a "maybe" to deathsquads.

Yes most of the Syndicates is still subject to change. But look here; http://youtu.be/QYS_W6VtdJQ @ 53:30. They already have atleast a working concept. So it seems quite likely they'll implement them. And on a sidenote even rescue targets can handle weapons.(I believe there was an event with Red Veil resque targets.)

Let me put it in another way:

*When* DE puts us side by side with the soldiers from the Syndicates, are you satisfied with a reskinned crewman/grineer/rescue target: aka pyjama hostage?

If not, why not?

If you oppose human allies all together, I get that vibe from the replies, can you please tell me why that is?

Edited by arch111

The question is not *when* but *if*.

There is nothing indicating we'll have any interaction with the rank-and-file of the Syndicates; we'll be meeting with their leader/representative to "join" then we just run regular missions with their emblem on our hot sexy bodies to make them happy.

Sure I pose a hypothesis. Though many are requesting to see the normal inhabitants of Sol, and since the Veil was added and DE said we will see colonists eventually, nothing is stopping them.

Sure I can see myself fighting in a squad of crewmen in custom colors.

Or grineer in a different color.

Or armed hostage-models reskinned.

It would work. I am just hoping for more, since I love the Lore in this game:)