Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wraith Weapon Event

SinCityGod

Why do people still complain about weapons beeing "OP"?
Isnt Warframe supposed to be an cooperative game after all?

And just because a new Event (Wraith/Vandal/Whatever) weapon gets announced, it isnt "OP" already. 
Yes there were strong weapons. But there also were UP weapons at the start.

If you want to play PvP all day long in Warframe. 

Go ahead. But please stop trying to kill a game, which isnt especially made for your PvP preferenced gamestyle.

If this weapon would be able to clean a whole map with one shot without even aiming anywhere, then we can talk about a so called "OP" weapon.
If its just able to kill Lvl 15 enemies with one shot, then you should consider going into some higher leveled missions.

For the topic:

Sure! I love event weapons. I just dusted off my Machete Wraith again, because i like what DE did with it and Melee 2.0.

But this time a Vandal weapon should be on the list. (Not that i prefer these, but it should stay fair)

Edited by Derethevil

Why do people still complain about weapons beeing "OP"?

Isnt Warframe supposed to be an cooperative game after all?

Balance doesn't go away just because a game is PvE. It just gets handled differently.

Here, let me give an example:

If they released Grakata Wraith, and it had 400 base damage, a 75% base crit chance, and an 8x crit multiplier, would that be okay? No, of course not. That would be insane.

In PvE, you want guns to both feel viable compared to weapons of a similar tier/type, and to scale appropriately against enemies. These are both critically important, because an unbalanced game gets old fast. So, to apply that to Warframe: one gun shouldn't overshadow all others in its tier/type, and guns shouldn't be getting overshadowed. Guns should all have appropriate kill times, and enemy health and scaling should reflect this.