The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Still Use Kubrow?

The_OG_Slinger

until they remove perma-death and the plat cost for cool down, I will never use them again....ever. (unless they add new ones, then of course I'll level them to 30 for mastery and put them right back in stasis)

Would I like to use Kubrows? yes. Do I think it's worth the hassle of waiting 3 hours or spending plat whenever I just want to look at the cosmetics, or re-equip mods on them, or even use them at all? no. Do I think they are worth using a consumable item every so often or be punished as a player for not playing the game as often by removing them from my inventory for ever? no.

the negatives of using them outweigh the positives by far for me, I refuse to use them unless I'm going to be logged on for more then 3 hours at a time, and even then, the sheer fact that they "decay" over time makes them undesirable in comparison to the ease of Sentinels.

Edited by Temphis

I use mine. I've been fortunate enough to get three eggs that all became different breeds so I've been enjoying leveling them up. I would like to take advantage of the different types more but 3 hour freezer cooldown pretty much locks you into one type. So once I level up my Huras I'm switching back to my Raksa and using sentinels when I need more specific support abilities.

Nope. I'm still trying to bread a Huras with an appealing fur and build. Having to wait 4 days all the while trying to obtain argon (with Phorid fixed it has become tedious) and a new egg AND trying to endure the burnout is kinda hard

After I got an appealing Huras I think I might finally at least rank all 4 of my Kubrows for mastery. But it's gonna be hard to choose them over Carrier afterwards

I have awesome looking Sahasa so i start game with +75 energy and along the game it digs +75 HP/Energy when it digs. Also it has 5.5k damage with over 6.6 crit multiplier. Also it is very useful when Kubrow bites and knocks down gunners or ancients. The only thing i would like is to get rid of DNA stabilisers because it makes no sense because they are not clones but actually bred creatures. And command actions like wait,attack specified target, dig, and others would be great.

From time to time yeah about as much as I use sentinels.

I still want one, to have all 4 breeds. Leveling them is kinda painful though XD, and the cooldown period thing and the maintenance cost make it so I use them for short periods at a time (like say, switching between using either sentinels/kubrows each week or month)

I don't use them anymore.  I have an egg waiting to be incubated but I created 1 of each type and don't have much use for them with my play style.

Plus they get in the way a lot if yous use thrown melee weapons.

They just don't seem effective against large groups of mid-high level enemies. I would like their animations improved to be more seamless and varied. Plus they need something to handle the hoards of enemies we face. 

- Back-mounted ballistic weapons? Could be mods instead of gear, for balance, replacing Bite or Maul if owner chooses.

- Magnetic crowd dispersion precept. 100% Magnetic proc to completely remove surrounding enemy shields for a brief moment.

- Snare launcher: Fires an energy net to control small groups, slowly draining health while keeping them at bay

- Attack Litter - kubrow produces half a dozen or more half-size versions of itself to spread out and attack nearby enemies. they are adorable and lethal and duration-based.

I find something that can equip coolant leak, guardian, and sanctuary much more useful than something that's going go walk though a magnetic barrier and get shot within the first 10 seconds of the mission. As much as I'd like to use a kubrow, my sentinel is to useful to leave behind.

Too high maintenance, and they aren't as survivable as a sentinel.

Breeding them is like being extorted, need two more for mastery fodder but I have to wait weeks for them to die or bribe the lotus to take it.

Why not just let us abandon it on Earth? This should be an option, and then it can come back and randomly attack you during a future mission on Earth once it's gone feral.

Considering a fully leveled, and maxed Mod Kubrow trumps any Sent, and nearly as powerful as a warframe, heck ya I still use it.  Just gotta remember to feed it every 4-5 days is all.  Yes, that's right, those of you who use a DNA stabilizer each time it loses 10%, are silly.  You get 40% from a single use.

I recently bred a random Raksa with a lotus fur, and I am planning to take her along with me. Already supercharged, I also plan on using a few forma to maximize her potential.

I've maxed my Kubrow related mods and it would be a waste to not use them. Also, having a Kubrow as a companion let's me freely pick any weapon I want, no more messages like "Boar Prime and Sweeper are using the same Blaze mod".

Considering a fully leveled, and maxed Mod Kubrow trumps any Sent, and nearly as powerful as a warframe, heck ya I still use it. 

HAHA no they don't , all this health and power is useless if they can't reach enemies before I kill them, completely useless I tell you.

Kubrows can be usefull if you play at a snails pace and let them kill stuff while you walk everywhere. I like to go fast and kubrow just can't keep up or kill anything for that matter.

The guns on my sentinels don't have to reach the target and they shoot on sight, wayyyyyyy better than any kubrow IMO.

HAHA no they don't , all this health and power is useless if they can't reach enemies before I kill them, completely useless I tell you.

Kubrows can be usefull if you play at a snails pace and let them kill stuff while you walk everywhere. I like to go fast and kubrow just can't keep up or kill anything for that matter.

The guns on my sentinels don't have to reach the target and they shoot on sight, wayyyyyyy better than any kubrow IMO.

Oh yes, because any Sentinel is going to shoot soooo far away before you kill a mob.  Just because you're too lazy to level max mods, doesn't mean they are weak or useless, I'm thinking you're doing something wrong.

I recently bred a random Raksa with a lotus fur, and I am planning to take her along with me. Already supercharged, I also plan on using a few forma to maximize her potential.

I've maxed my Kubrow related mods and it would be a waste to not use them. Also, having a Kubrow as a companion let's me freely pick any weapon I want, no more messages like "Boar Prime and Sweeper are using the same Blaze mod".

gl

you'll need 6 forma to have all maxed mods on.

I've frozen my puppies until further notice.

Love them! But don't play enough at the moment to actually care about the upkeep. Casual playing turns them into a money pit.

Hope this maintenance crap goes away one day.

All the time.

My Kubrow is more attentive than shade ever was, and im actually cloaked for a really long time. And unlike shade (who is and forever will be my favorite sentinal) my Kubrow can one-shot enemies in T3 missions.

My kubrow can take a beating, can dish out pain, and can be revived-mid mission.

Yeah, im losing sactuary... but my kubrow seems smart enough to always stealth me when i revive people/