Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Think Of Limbo's Tophat?

SgtFlex

Somehow i feel that 1 of his alternative helmets will involve a fedora hat instead of his top hat...which would love to see.

Kind of like the idea of having a frame thats actually slightly polite and at the same time has this terrifying ability. It's like that sadistic over powered gentleman you always see in animes.

I personally think the top hat looks really good, and goes along nicely with the "tuxedo" design of the Warframe (popped collar, the wrist-robe things, the tails).

I also find the people complaining about it not being ninja-like to be a tad hypocritical when we have frames like Rhino or Oberon or Nova running around.

If one complains about a ninja in a top hat, they might as well complain about ninjas with guns or ninjas is hugeass armor or ninjas with lobster tails.

Tenno being 100% stereotypical ninjas doesn't make much sense either, to be honest.

Ninjas used guns and armor.

I want a full story from DE explaining the creation of the frame, as in lore, or else i will consider this a joke that went too far.

Is there a magician holiday? Cause if there is this should've been a special holiday frame. That would be fine.

A Halloween frame?

It looks okay when it's actually attached to his head. Though it looks like a Pope's hat in that position.

I personally don't like the concept since it's part of an odd trend of the frame designs becoming more and more... literal. The older frame designs were more suggestive of certain aesthetics, whereas the newer frames spell out what they're supposed to be. I just think they're less interesting even if they look purdy.

Ah well.

Kind of cool that he has a classic wizard's pointy hat as his alt though.

I have to admit, i thought i would hate it, i was sure i would think it was ridicilous and silly.

I then saw the pictures, and i WANTED to dislike it so badly, i didn't want to like it.

Then my friend bought the Limbo, and the more i looked, the more i liked his design. I don't know why, he's just... Neat. I think that's the best way i can describe it. Limbo is pretty darn neat.

For me, it's less about it being ninja-like.. and more about him being not even warrior-like.

Even Nekros (who is about as close as a 'necromancer mage' character you can get) is at least menacing and terrifying. There is some aspect of warfare in every frame so far, even Mirage with her assassin-like gear and leg armor, but Limbo simply seems to be missing anything that makes him dangerous or deadly looking.

For me, it's less about it being ninja-like.. and more about him being not even warrior-like.

Even Nekros (who is about as close as a 'necromancer mage' character you can get) is at least menacing and terrifying. There is some aspect of warfare in every frame so far, even Mirage with her assassin-like gear and leg armor, but Limbo simply seems to be missing anything that makes him dangerous or deadly looking.

I began thinking of something along the lines of this recently.

I noticed that every frame each has their own look, all uniquely designed, and Limbo is too of course, but his design is much more cliche. He's not even a magician in my mind, he's a planeswalker of sorts. I think he could've had a much more awesome design that looked unique. With all the other frames, you couldn't predict what the frame would look like, but this one you can. 

I don't really like the way Limbo looks, I was thinking about getting him, but after seeing him in the arsenal menu, I immediately told myself I will pass. He looks very bland when compared to a more detailed frame like Oberon or Vauban.

That and him looking like a magician doesn't work with his theme like Oberon and his Paladin theme.

Those are my 2 cents.