Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Think Of Limbo's Tophat?

SgtFlex

Honestly, at first it seemed a bit ridiculous to me and all, but at the same time it seems fine.

I feel like the Tenno must have some sort of link to human society since they know that magic and such is linked with the typical magician look of a cane and a tophat. If they didn't have any link to human society... well then it seems rather odd.

Overall though, I like the futuristic look to it, as well as the warframe. The design looks unique as well. Well... they all do, but I dunno, he fits the magician look :P

Edited by SgtFlex

Hopefully isn't an Alternate helmet.

I don't think they've ever featured an alternate helmet in a teaser before (but I could be wrong) 

I think it's a bit annoying because it makes ppl make stupid threads about it

but honestly, I love it 

No kidding, these tophat threads... THEYRE EVERYWHERE

Well, a link to human society in the Tenno is kinda obvious - they ARE/were at one point human - and the creators of the Original Prime Warframe were human as well.

Moreso, though, I hold the belief that a Warframe's physical design is what focuses the Tenno powers to be what they are exactly. So, for whatever reason, Limbo's tophat allows him to focus his powers into what they are.

I don't see much issues with it. I find the design playful.

Vauban has a beard and alternate helmets have a mustache/pacifier/beret.

Loki has a submarine head/hammerhead shark.

Oberon has antlers.

Nekros has a hood.

Valkyr's alt has a neck bell.

Hydroid has an eyepatch (I like to think it works like the Solid Eye)

Frost has a CD player/glowing fan in his head.

Nova now has twintails.

They always had quirks, but I think the tophat is very "obvious" and is one of the reasons why people get worked up about it. In the end, it comes back to similar designs. I don't feel it's running away from Warframe aesthetics, though I'd love to see a more "simple" design in the future for a new Warframe, similar to the earlier Warframes (Excalibur, etc).

Edited by Casardis

I will be very upset if it goes the way of Nekros' syandana and is sold separately.

Ahh, i never considered that... Well given that' it's shown in what appears to be his Codex picture I doubt it'll be a separate thing. Or, at least, I have reason to doubt it will be.

To all the people saying they hope it isn't an alt helmet, they never show a warframe, a new warframe, with an alt helmet. And to those thinking it is a syandana, I highly doubt that. All the syandana's have been dangly...well dangly parts, scarves and ect.

The idea of a classy, sorcerer-like Tenno is great. The top hat moves the concept from sorcerer, to stage magician however.

Other than making some kind of tongue-in-cheek aesthetic referance to old, Victorian-era frauds and huxters, the top hat does nothing to bestow a look of power, skill or mystery. (Other than if the dove he pulls out of that hat is infested or not.)

I feel like I'm in the minority here. I like every aspect of what I've seen of his design EXCEPT the top hat. It just looks tacky to me, I love everything else though. My hope is that he'll be released with an alternate helmet like Mirage.

I agree. Forcing the hat is kind of dumb, especially since there are no other hats in the game. Helmets sure. Masks sure. Hats? No. I don't really like it, and I hope that we get an alternative that doesn't use a hat. The rest of him is awesome though. Feels much like an arch mage, but the hat just makes him look like a sad failing Las Vegas magician.

I agree. Forcing the hat is kind of dumb, especially since there are no other hats in the game. Helmets sure. Masks sure. Hats? No. I don't really like it, and I hope that we get an alternative that doesn't use a hat. The rest of him is awesome though. Feels much like an arch mage, but the hat just makes him look like a sad failing Las Vegas magician.

I see the hat more as it makes you underestimate him, then he fucks shizz up with style as you stop laughing at his hat ^_^

It also sorta adds a sense of creepy or twisted was to him, a lot of villans and other protagonists have had top hats

I see the hat more as it makes you underestimate him, then he fucks shizz up with style as you stop laughing at his hat ^_^

It also sorta adds a sense of creepy or twisted was to him, a lot of villans and other protagonists have had top hats

I'm personally really excited for everyone to see what he looks like and how he moves in-game. He's just fun =D