The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Ally Warframe?

Kilcarn

If you want to go past lev 20 for corpus defense, frost is the only way as far as i can tell.  Nyx for infested defense.  Rhino always welcome.  Loki or Saryn to drop decoys.  I don't really care as long as you have a good gun and can use it.

Frost can contribute pretty well to a non-infested cryopod defense with snow globe, and Ember can be good in infested defense. Mag can also shield polarize the reactor/cryopod.

Mag/Excalibur teams are nice for speed running bosses. Bullet attract + radial javelin = massive damage.

Trinity w/ link is nice for Late game boss fights if she can maintain aggro.

There's a whole slough of ways to contribute I haven't listed. Basically, play your frame and weapons well, and you'll be a good ally. There is no best. There are situations where X is a bit better than Y, But there is no across the board best.

Nyx on anything non boss orientated, although still useful for stuns on bosses at the moment, chaos rules all. Rhino for bosses and defence, not rush missions.

At present I have yet to play with/as a frame that has made me think, damn couldn't do this without you, other than nyx to be honest.

It pretty much depends on what you mean by ally and what you want to provide to the team as an ally? Do you mean just someone who is going to fight with you? That's pretty much every Warframe in a nutshell. Do you mean something that has abilities specifically tailored to support other people? In which case I would suggest Trinity as she is the only frame that can directly restore health, energy and shields to herself and teammates and is great for bosses. Do you like Crowd control? I would suggest Nyx or Frost. Mag can use Pull to literally pull downed people to her and also make hitting targets easier with Bullet Attract. Are you the kind of person who thinks the best way to help people is to be the one taking all the damage instead of them? Try Rhino. Do you see what I mean? It really just depends on what you the player want to do.

Heres a link to the wiki, it has all the information you need on each one:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Warframes

Or if you aren't the one for reading, this video series does a pretty darn good job explain how each frame works and how it's useful:

Frost can contribute pretty well to a non-infested cryopod defense with snow globe, and Ember can be good in infested defense. Mag can also shield polarize the reactor/cryopod.

Mag/Excalibur teams are nice for speed running bosses. Bullet attract + radial javelin = massive damage.

Trinity w/ link is nice for Late game boss fights if she can maintain aggro.

There's a whole slough of ways to contribute I haven't listed. Basically, play your frame and weapons well, and you'll be a good ally. There is no best. There are situations where X is a bit better than Y, But there is no across the board best.

Snowglobe actually slows enemies down when they're inside the sphere. Freeze can be used to give breathing room vs. ancients, ice wave + continuity and focus is hugely effective vs. swarms of infested, since there is lingering freeze effect applied. Avalanche gets rid of a large amount of regular infested in a confined area. I speak from experience of numerous Naeglar and Xini runs.

I run a Saryn and in a defense mission, I can drop my Molt and with a Snow Globe from Frost, it is cake walk time.  It is a total turkey shoot and I currently use that combo to help lvl up Warframes and gear of my allies. 

If I'm using my Excalibur and doing a boss run, it's mag. We can do the cool as hell bullet attractor - radial javelin combo. If it's a normal run, it's Rhino. He takes damage for me if needed though rarely.

If I'm using my Volt then it's a Rhino. He will take damage for me.

If I'm using my Rhino then it's a Rhino. He will be able to survive as long as me and run as slow as me.

If I'm playing defense mission then Excalibur, Frost or Rhino for Grineers. Excalibur, Frost or Volt for Corpus. Ember or Frost for infested.

Excalibur for slash dash (not the current glitched slash dash which does no damage). Rhino as my shield. Frost for that blizzard thingy. Ember for the fire ring thingy.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

I find Frost really useful, as well as Volt, unfortunately i didnt have the chance to play with a lot of different frames so... idk about the rest, but surely i'd like a trinity in boss fights and a Nyx in defense missions! and a rhino in both of them!

I like playing alongside Loki due to the "distraction" nature of his powers.  I can't solo playing as the character but in multiplayer sometimes his skills make everything flow a lot faster.  

Definitely frost, the snowglobe is the balls at stopping infested and ember's world of fire will clear infested as well.

Boss fights I like to hide behind any Volt's shields

Everyone works, Trinity is a good choice too as you build him as a tank and support your team with abilities while take enemies attention and tank it up and then you just refill your powers with energy globes and rinse and repeat. The whole idea of the game is to pick the role you want to pick, and pick the style, the weapons, the equipment (sentinel) and play the way you want to play the game. This if any game gives you tools to play the game like you want to play it and still be good at it, provided that randoms don't screw you over so pick real friends with you and enjoy the ride.

Trin is the only warframe specifically designed with support in mind. The biggest thing is that she can either be a slightly more finiky tank than Rhino, or you have to do a lot of micromanage. Because you still have to press Z in order to see the health of your fellow Tenno, which also shuts down movement and firing, using her Blessing in clutch moments can be difficult. Still, between that and judicious use of Energy Vamp on beefier targets I think she's the best babysitter ally the game has.

Other than that most warframes have some ability that can be helpful beyond the "DAMAGE!" numbers. I think the next best from Trinity is Banshee. Her sonar for extra damage can be nice, if expensive, but I think that her ability to keep an ally rezzing a fallen bud totally safe through her ultimate is beautimus.

For me personally anyone who doesn't run ahead of the group, refuse to mark mods, and just elevate whenever they damn please is a great ally in my book. So, 89% of the player base I've found :D

Edited by PiggySaysWhat

Trin is the only warframe specifically designed with support in mind. The biggest thing is that she can either be a slightly more finiky tank than Rhino, or you have to do a lot of micromanage. Because you still have to press Z in order to see the health of your fellow Tenno, which also shuts down movement and firing, using her Blessing in clutch moments can be difficult. Still, between that and judicious use of Energy Vamp on beefier targets I think she's the best babysitter ally the game has.

Other than that most warframes have some ability that can be helpful beyond the "DAMAGE!" numbers. I think the next best from Trinity is Banshee. Her sonar for extra damage can be nice, if expensive, but I think that her ability to keep an ally rezzing a fallen bud totally safe through her ultimate is beautimus.

For me personally anyone who doesn't run ahead of the group, refuse to mark mods, and just elevate whenever they damn please is a great ally in my book. So, 89% of the player base I've found :D

I agree with you, if they would implement the health bars though many Warframes like Trinity and Mag would appreciate this and I think it has already been discussed a lot in the forums and the developers.