Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Corrupt Mod - Transient Fortitude

Koed

Considerering that duration is beneficial on every single frame I'd say that this mod is pretty useless. It should've had a different drawback.

I guess I must be doing something wrong then since a ton of my frames have fleeting expertise slotted. And any build I have that is concerned with power strength, is also guaranteed to have fleeting expertise equipped. So I might as well add Transient Fortitude.

Every single? How vast is your warframe arsenal again?

How often does one choose power strength over duration?

Nyx says hi.

Trinity says hi.

Duration has more benefit on them still. Nyx doesn't really need power strength. Intensify works better for trinity.

I guess I must be doing something wrong then since a ton of my frames have fleeting expertise slotted. And any build I have that is concerned with power strength, is also guaranteed to have fleeting expertise equipped. So I might as well add Transient Fortitude.

Nearly all my warframes have fleeting as well. Fleeting has a better deal then transient fortitude however. Only warframe I see it good for is Saryn since her damage ticks will go faster on miasma.

Considerering that duration is beneficial on every single frame I'd say that this mod is pretty useless. It should've had a different drawback.

Depends entirely what you're building for and how you play. That's your opinion and for how you play, but there are several abilities that benefit from decreased duration or which duration had no affect.

Edited by Echoa

Duration has more benefit on them still. Nyx doesn't really need power strength. Intensify works better for trinity.

Blind Rage + Transient Fortitude + Intensify + Narrow Minded + Warcry = 150% Melee speed for 27sec

If you slap on Rage and Life Strike then you can generate more than enough energy to start warcry up again while also healing with life strike.

Its now possible to each 10 - 15 hits per sec with warcry + fury + berserker on a faster melee weapon with atleast 10 - 15% crit chance

Edited by Shizzuie

Nyx doesn't see any benefit with duration. Actually, it can cause her real issues. Some of this just depends how long of a chaos you're comfortable with, but the longer it gets the less flexibility Nyx has in dealing with new threats. Most good Nyx build run 10-13 seconds. Of course, Nyx doesn't need power strength, so...

In Sayrn's case, miasma is best with low duration. This can cause issues with other powers, but it's a command decision when building Saryn. You pays your money and you takes your choices.

Trinity is also similar. Spam heal? Low duration. Leveraging resistance from blessing? Max duration. Just depends what you want.

Edited by Sloan441

@kubbi

There are strong arguments for both sides but it really comes down to the specific build.  Take Rhino as an example, if you optimize for Iron Skin and Rhino Stomp then duration doesn't really matter at all.  You can even cast Roar just before you Stomp to increase its damage and still get all of the power strength bonus from Transient Fortitude.  If you value Roar then duration does matter and finding a balance for power strength is important.  Again, it comes down tot he specific build and what the goal of the build is.  Transient Fortitude has a lot of different uses as duration is not needed for several abilities; it just depends which other abilities are being optimized as well.

ummm.. mag, saryns duration based abilities barely take a hit with this, ember, nyx doesn't need chaos on a 30 year cooldown, hydroid can spam hentai all the time anyways with effeciency.. maths bro it helps

plus in my opinion having full efficiency means you can spam your spells more often. so things like natural talent really shine and you can probably last longer on duration based spells if you do the math right. Loki can probably be stealthed longer with a full energy pool with transient fortitude than with blind rage (since you shouldn't have either of those on loki anyways) but people like ash who's 4 costs too much energy to spam sometimes you can get away with it now that efficiency isn't a huge problem. and if that doesn't work well you can stack BR and TF now to go over the top on your damage. just bring lots of cake with you

Er... to my knowledge, every time the choice of duration over power strength has been offered, I chose power strength.

Nearly all my warframes have fleeting as well. Fleeting has a better deal then transient fortitude however. Only warframe I see it good for is Saryn since her damage ticks will go faster on miasma.

There are more than enough duration mods to offset Transient Fortitude's downside.

FYI - it gives 55% power stre with a 27% reduction to duration. Aaaand its a rare rank 10 mod which takes 16 points from ur build... U might be thinking - Well, this will still be good with my roar build - almost 150% bonus dmg to whole team with all power stre mods... WRONG! U cannot equip this and Blind Rage!

Which leads to the question - who is this mod useful for besides Saryn? :S I dunno, Doesn't seem very useful to me, and the fact that it's a rank 10 mod is kinda strange to me with such a small benefit...

Thoughts?

using blade storm at 25 energy while dealing a bit less damage then with a blind rage

I've read the entire thread from top to bottom, I'm glad DE listened and made the 2 mods compatible, or fixed it (in case it was a bug)
I really like the idea of this mod, I use Ash more than any frame and my more favorable build is the blade storm 1 so this mod would help a lot, however I see huge problem with the mod's rank as many have already pointed out, either buff up both the strength increase and the duration increase so it now resembles BR more and is usable at like 6/10 rank, OR make it a R5 mod like fleeting expertise so players can find it viable at 4/5 or maxed. The way it is now makes it tooo hard and costly to get to maxed rank and somewhere in the middle the strength increase I believe is very low.

I'm not a veteran player but I hope to find that some of you agree with me on this or if you don't point out why, and hope to see DE respond to this as well.

I would pick this over BR in many cases, I never went past 50 minutes in the void, so right now I've always preferred ironskin over roar and blade storm over smoke screen, I know how these scale better and all that but to me its not a matter of math its play style, that can change over time and back again (who doesn't get bored playing the same play style over and over again) there's nothing I'd like to see more than using my blade storm more than a couple of times without glancing down at my poor energy pool and rethinking using it again (if I even can) because Im just paranoid that I'm gonna run out of energy and THAT'S when Im going to need it more. PLUS I really do hate team restore items and consumables in general, again its not practicality or math, I just don't like it, I hate potions and the likes in any game, it breaks my immersion considerably.

anyway long story short, please consider buffing up the mod so we can get around 50+ str half way through ranking it or just make it an R5 mod with the same stats, this would make more sense and I believe would match out well with all other corrupt mods.

Edited by Amr-MaVeRicK

Oh yeah, I realized it you can't stack it with Blind Rage after I made it rank 9, fml. Contacted support, they might be willing to revert the fusion for me.

Oh yeah, I realized it you can't stack it with Blind Rage after I made it rank 9, fml. Contacted support, they might be willing to revert the fusion for me.

Sorry to hear :(