Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability Mod "fairness".

Kainosh

I just checked some of new ability mods....And im not sure that they are well balanced.

Mirage "Hall of Malevolence" (Clone damage buff for every enemy killed)  Is TOO OP.

While "elem casters"  like Volt or Frost can use their 1st to buff teammates damage with their element....that mean they dont get any bonuses in solo... And only can buff allies (Volt can already do that with his shield).

So....My suggestion is to revisit these mods.

here are some ideas...

"Shock trooper" >  Regenerates Volt's shield by 20% of the ability damage for every SHIELDED enemy struck.

That is for surviving real heavy "endgame" damage... Volt doesnt really need to buff allies MORE than he does already.

"Freeze force"  > should add armor to the allies (everyone within blast...even self)  equal to the damage it deal. "ICE ARMOR" baby (Yeah I stole that one from dota)....  could be op though.  duration is "freeze" duratin btw.

"Fireball frenzy" >  Fireball ricochet betwen targets that are suffering "Accelerant" debuff

"Venom dose" >  Spores can be cast on surface to create spore mines. also can be renamed to "Venom Trap"

"Smite infusion" > well oberon is powerfull enough...And he gives Radiation! So lets keep it the way it is.

These ideas are...Just ideas. Anyway, "elemental caster" mods feel "unfair" compared to other mods IMO.

Yeah, I fully agree HoM doesn't need any more damage it's already ridiculous as is and doesn't need any more help. Hate to say it, but a Nerf is needed instead for that just to tone it down more. Loki's decoy does no damage, her's shouldn't do the insane opposite and be invincible. THEN the specialty mod can compensate if a player wants to use it.

I thought the same thing when seeing the frame specific mods. 'These are things a solo player can achieve better and to a much higher degree than something I can give. Besides, do they want to be hit with random elements all the time?'

They aren't something I'd be willing to spend a mod slot on.

I main Volt, if he's got a shield up in a strategic space for you to use and you blow through it and don't use it. That's fine. It means that:

1. You're not worried about taking bullet damage.

2. You don't know about/aren't interested in electricity damage.

3. You just aren't interested and that's your choice.

But I can already give electrical damage, it's up to you if you choose to use it. 

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

I still think that ALL other ability mods are WAAAY better than "elemental buffs"... Especially for VOLT.  Because he can already give said buff through his SHIELD. Thats just another "Useless mod" .

It feels like DE doesnt care about "elem frames" at all... They gave SAME MOD but with a different picture and name on it to all elemental frames. While other "non-elemental" frames get some interesting and useful stuff... NOT COOL.

Mirage is op.

Nekros is actually pretty balanced and quite useful.

Nova might be interesting.

Nyx is nice.

And thats pretty much it.

Everything else is close to being useless.

I feel that the Limbo and Hydroid mods would be pretty useful for helping teammates in the middle of combat when they're starting to be overwhelmed.