The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Immortal Skins

LoveNot

What worries me about this is that if DE is indeed doing this for skins, then what's keeping them from doing the same thing for any other item? The next time we see something nice in the market, how will we know if that is really only obtainable through platinum?

I'm all for supporting the game, but I want to support the game by spending money on things I can't get otherwise.

Prime access accesories. 'nuff said

Dude, you bought what you wanted now quit whining. No one ever said they'd never be a drop in the future. I bought a large amount of the immortal skins and I'm not upset that they're dropping now. Heck, I'm glad they are. It just means other players won't have to shell out like I had to. You're just mad because you're jealous. Be happy for others - your avarice is showing.

Whoa, what? Whining? Go look at the definition before you toss that word around again and please refrain from making exceptionally terrible judgements; this isn't a case of jealousy and being 'mad'. Not at all.

Edited by Naith

Prime access accesories. 'nuff said

My point was not to ask about how I can support DE with buying only exclusive items. I have zero interest in exclusive stuff. My point was about year-old things being suddenly changed without any kind of dialogue or warning on their part. It was also about the effect this causes on players/costumers.

Like I said before, DE has talked to us about all sorts of changes in their game such as Melee 2.0, Damage 2.0, the Forma system, warframe balancing changes, the Syndicates, Dark Sectors and even other cosmetic changes such as the arcane helmets thing. It doesn't make sense for them not to talk about this (unless it was not intentional).

I'm sorry, but "Prime access accessories" is not enough said at all because it does not address any of my points.

You want to sell something? Make people believe they need it

Putting items like skins into the random RNG machine it's not enough, but putting them with a chance to spawn at an extremely rare chance it's smart.

It will lure more happy freebies to try to catch some and, when they'll lose their minds over it because:

a) you need o find a container fisrt. First wall
b) you need to find it inside. Second wall

some of them will succumb and directly buy the skin from the shop. It will happen, it always happens. In every single freetoplay (or not) videogame that has cosmetics.

The whining from who already bought the skins is irelevant, at this point.

This kind of players, economically speaking, can now push forward only on 1 single front: Yes, you already have my money BUT, if you don't remove the skins, you wont get more in the future.

In this context what DE is probably trying to decide is if it's more convenient to them to take more from old players or lure new ones. And, in an expanding game like this, however small, the new crowd always win.

"Hey Bob, check this out"
"Ah its kinda cool as a game"
"Yeah, and it's free"
"Really?"
"Not only that, they're so awesome they even put cash shop cosmetics INTO THE GAME, how cool it is huh huh?"
"Noice, lemme try it out"

Once inside, it's only a matter of time before the new element face the eternal dilemma: do i spend an important amount of time, farm and sell for plats OR, do i just buy and enjoy the game?

I don't really understand the problem with early aesthetic items being released into the wild as super rare drops when those of us who bought the packs have had months and months of owning the items long before anyone else had the chance to find them in caches, but from the looks of it half the people who buy these things do so just to rub it in the faces of those who didn't, which is so many levels of sad I don't even know what to say.

I am not sure why you are surprised. Half of those cosmetic items look like crap. If you have prime accessory set you'll be using it, it looks ok. And immortal skins that are ok are few and far between. Cosmetics are sold as empty bragging rights at expense of design and beauty. Besides they are not items, like prime version of your favorite thing being gated behind paywall.

Once they finally release founders packs on consoles we can talk about purely cosmetic items being free.

And speaking of helmets, being free on alerts always hurt their sales me thinks.

DE does something nice.

Entitled whiners complain about their entitled exclusivity.

Nice removed from game.

Entitled is really an easy word to throw around, I see.

I feel entitled to share my entitled opinion over how your entitled feelings of entitlement over being entitled to cosmetics that were only meant for those that are entitled to spend plat are wrong.

Let's all get over our entitlement 'issues' now.

DE fixed a bug.

Entitled is really an easy word to throw around, I see.

I feel entitled to share my entitled opinion over how your entitled feelings of entitlement over being entitled to cosmetics that were only meant for those that are entitled to spend plat are wrong.

Let's all get over our entitlement 'issues' now.

DE fixed a bug.

That guy does have a point, you know? And you trying to belittle that by repeating it ad absurdum doesn't really help your case.

It's something that did not negatively affect people in any way, but people complained?

Explain this?

Well, in short words, if i had known that DE would release Cosmetics to the drop table, i would never had to buy them with plat.

But i spent plat on these cosmetics because i thought that, buying it with plat was the only way to get them.

Apology accepted.

In an accepting manner, I accept that you accept my apology.

Well, in short words, if i had known that DE would release Cosmetics to the drop table, i would never had to buy them with plat.

But i spent plat on these cosmetics because i thought that, buying it with plat was the only way to get them.

This is a good point and why I was against it. It just happened without announcement, I would have felt ripped off for purchasing an immortal skin. No reason for others to belittle anyone for feeling this way.

If they are going to make a cosmetic item obtainable through playing, it should be something new to the game. Not something existing that we were under the impression that it was only obtainable by purchase.

Edited by (PS4)thefndodge

Is it too much to ask to show gratitude without expecting something in return?

No, sorry man. I didn't know he had a point. I apologize. I just thought he was belittling others that had a point.

It's ok, you'll do better next time.

As someone with a lot of the skins, I'm not sure why it'd be a big deal to let free players get the series one skins at a very low, random chance.  People act like it was some super common thing, but I ran a metric f-ton of missions and didn't see one crate, so to find a crate and then get a skin from it would be a pretty low chance, I assume.

At best the idea of allowing cosmetics to be rarely obtained should have been brought up beforehand, as Steve did not know about it being a thing when it was around. I think it would have been better then having it randomly added in, and from the looks of it the chances of getting them were pretty slim anyways. I only found one of these containers and even then I didn't receive anything cosmetic from it.

DE should probably address this as soon as they can. This is similar in controversy to Primed Chamber and if they were considering adding it in they should let us know.

My point was not to ask about how I can support DE with buying only exclusive items. I have zero interest in exclusive stuff. My point was about year-old things being suddenly changed without any kind of dialogue or warning on their part. It was also about the effect this causes on players/costumers.

Like I said before, DE has talked to us about all sorts of changes in their game such as Melee 2.0, Damage 2.0, the Forma system, warframe balancing changes, the Syndicates, Dark Sectors and even other cosmetic changes such as the arcane helmets thing. It doesn't make sense for them not to talk about this (unless it was not intentional).

I'm sorry, but "Prime access accessories" is not enough said at all because it does not address any of my points.

I think its a halloween easter egg mini event otherwise why this was not announced

I think its a halloween easter egg mini event otherwise why this was not announced

We all have our ideas about why this happened but none of us knows for sure. I hoped that DE would take notice of this thread and address it in some way. And they did address it (in a sense) by removing the items from the caches. But only DE knows why the items were there in the first place and they seem to have chosen not to share that information with us.

That is not the kind of answer I was hoping for, but it is an answer nonetheless. We're all free to make our own assumptions about what it all means or if it means anything at all. But I'd rather not make this a thread about speculations.

• 1 month later...