Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappointed About Defence Changes

DoomStick

Although the new update allows rewards to be stacked, I am not happy that I can't keep rare resources/mod that are dropped from killing stuffs even when the mission fails. In my opinion, we should at least be allowed to keep resources and mods when mission fails since so much is spent on killing them.

Edited by DoomStick

Really? Nothing more than git gud posts?

The current reward system punishes players heavily for pushing the limit or testing team compositions. Seems like people in this thread prefer me to make a meta team to go far rather than have fun while going far.

I have a question: I'm a PS4 owner so haven't got this update yet but I think the OP may have a valid point because, unless I'm missing something, what happens for example, when you get to a wave 15 defence, then 2 of your squad members bail, leaving just two of you left to face further increasingly hard waves....so now you probably have to bail with the other two because you could potentially carry on with two, but fail and lose every single pick up and previous award you have accumulated to that point? So in essence, it's in your best interest to bail when others do as the risk/reward deal isn't worth it?

Is that right?

I have a question: I'm a PS4 owner so haven't got this update yet but I think the OP may have a valid point because, unless I'm missing something, what happens for example, when you get to a wave 15 defence, then 2 of your squad members bail, leaving just two of you left to face further increasingly hard waves....so now you probably have to bail with the other two because you could potentially carry on with two, but fail and lose every single pick up and previous award you have accumulated to that point? So in essence, it's in your best interest to bail when others do as the risk/reward deal isn't worth it?

Is that right?

I think the OP's concern was that the old defense system, failing let you keep all of the drops up to the last reward check point, now it won't.

YOUR problem could be a real zinger though.  At least before if players wanted to go on when others bailed, even if those that remained failed, they'd still walk away with something.  Now though, unless there's a chance to extract at the end of each wave, those that want to go on are probably going to hurt the worst.

Is that right?

No it is on your best interest to make sure they stick together.

If you are afraid of such scenarios, play only CC frames.

Edited by fatpig84

Is that right?

Correct. Currently, everyone bails together anyway, but the "fail and lose everything" system punishes those who do not and promotes bailing early - because you're guaranteed to lose everything you've got to that point if you try harder waves and fail, while before this change you could try and only lose things from waves you dared and failed.