Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Interceptions Are Unplayable

MonsieuRoberts

I don't know if it's due to a bug or invisible enemies or something else, but interception points like to constantly remain in "conflict" status, and the second you move out of the ring, they're captured; With no enemies around you whatsoever. And they stay that way for minutes at a time until Warframe decides you can start capping them again, and them BAM: Conflict AGAIN, with no enemies at all.

The beginning Limbo interception mission is challenging just due to the enemies, but get your Archwing stuff past rank 10 and stack some health/armor/shields on your Warframe and the enemies are not as impossible as when you jump in at rank 0, and that's fine with me. Can't do a lvl 30 mission at rank 0. Being unable to actually cap the points though...it's infuriating. I'm floating RIGHT beside it, there are NO enemies around me and I can't cap it. And I lose. Again and again and again.

I have other issues with the whole Archwing thing, like pickups being way too tiny and invisible, a dramatic amount of travel time in Interceptions, making reacting with a party of 2 or 3 people basically impossible, mod drop chances being seeming 1% drops so I can't actually improve my base loadout, and melee being the only real way to damage anything because my abilities AND my Imperator do next to no damage (Melee that feels like a floaty copy of Melee 1.0 by the way)...I feel like I can't get the things I need to become strong enough to actually DO the mission, but this Interception issue is the big one for me. 

I cannot even get to 50% during this Limbo Interception mission, even with a full party, because both Interception and Archwing's mechanics are borked.

It's cool, but it's borked. And that's not fun to play at all.

Edited by MonsieuRoberts

It was rather refreshing for a while that you couldn't just run the mission without a hitch. There was actually an challenge in Limbo quest interception and I liked the challenge. Besides it was quite good that you were forced to level up your gear for the mission, makes you try the archwing more and get more familiar with it. I got it and the weapons to level 15 before I tried again the Limbo quest. This time with a party of 4 with randoms we managed to almost fail the mission something like 20% vs 89% losing the mission round 1. Yet we made it through and won the mission just by insane team effort.

Note thou: You need really high versions of vitality and redirection to stay alive and fight. Also the frame selections matter alot. Usually I use Valkyr for such hard missions, but here valkyr is totally useless, you need shields so much more than health. I started using Ash, which is really good. Vigor maxed, vitality 240% and redirection maxed + FLOW maxed.

Actually pick-ups can be seen reeeeally far away if you stop for a second and zoom in. It might help that I have 2,5K resolution thou. But the Archwings should definately have carriers with you, or built-in vacuum, so if you fly like 5m away from the pick-up you would get it. Now it's like you have to actually touch the energy orbs and stuff to get them, which is sometimes pretty hard in highspeed fights.

And what comes to mod drops there is quite huge variance between missions. One Earth interception run round 4 we got like 3 mods and the other run with same amount of rounds got like 20 mods.

ALSO if one player in group picks up a mod during a mission, all should have it after mission. This would make the gameflow better when people actually used all their energy trying to do their best on mission object rather than trying to be sure that they didnt miss any mod drops.

Now waiting till the Limbo helmet is complete... =P

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I foresee another issue: the archwing build requires plastids and and orikin cell. This will only be an issue if the archwing missions need to be completed to unlock the final boss on a planet. At this stage, I only have up to Jupiter and Mars, and, as such, cannot obtain either of these resources until I make it through these planets to Saturn at the earliest. Since this will take some time, I'm posting this early in case it will actually happen that the archwing missions need completion to fight the planet bosses. Otherwise, the only way to get the archwing is to spend platinum or be forever stuck.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I foresee another issue: the archwing build requires plastids and and orikin cell. This will only be an issue if the archwing missions need to be completed to unlock the final boss on a planet. At this stage, I only have up to Jupiter and Mars, and, as such, cannot obtain either of these resources until I make it through these planets to Saturn at the earliest. Since this will take some time, I'm posting this early in case it will actually happen that the archwing missions need completion to fight the planet bosses. Otherwise, the only way to get the archwing is to spend platinum or be forever stuck.  

Archwing missions are placed like dark sectors, which means you don't need to complete them to get the boss. That's not a problem.

It seems like that the status problem of the capture point is related to some kind of lag.

It doesn't happens if you are the host. I believe that when an enemy dies he does not "desappear", for several seconds he gets "stuck" on the clients. This happens too at the end of the mission, when you have to kill every remainig enemy on the field. Some markers will remain, and the mission will not be completed until the game decides to clean up.

I'm not talking about stuck enemies, this happens in free space and in proximity of the capture points. Well, actually it happens everywhere.

These bugs are starting to really annoy me. Instant caps by enemies and constant conflict when none are around. I've had moments where I can see an enemy in the distance - very far away - connecting with the tower I'm at with its red beam causing conflict. Was hoping they'd be fixed in the lastest update yet they weren't. Considering this thing got released for the weekend I would've thought DE would be on the ball to sort out these annoyances.

Edited by Naith

Captured towers need to buff the Tenno a boost.

Speed and Damage buff are required. Especially Speed. At least Speed. They either get damage boost when at Tower or when they pass through it.

There can also be an option to warp from tower to tower when there is no confliction.

Bugs I've experienced:

'Phantom enemies'. No visual, but they have a presence and Hellions can shoot.

I kill an enemy. If during mission, it still counts toward 'conflict'. They also count as actively capturing. Repel can remove them, at least temporarily.

If during cleanup, the marker for it is still there. Shooting them can 'rekill' them, if you hit, AoE can kill them if ditto.

'Cap and run'. An enemy does a driveby of a tower, and starts capturing it while moving on.

'No UI (when joining a mission in progress)', like planet Interceptions had for a while.

'Grabby space wrecks'. 2 ships (that I know of) will get you permanently stuck in terrain.

Ought to have screenies of each.

Edited by Chroia

The problem with "constant conflict" is, that the enemies' capture range is HUGE. The radius of their capture sphere seems to be at least twice as large as ours (which is the white ring when it's at 100%). So they can easily hide behind the asteroid next to the tower and capture it, while their friends keep you busy enough that you don't come looking.