The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De? We Need To Talk About The "original Eight" [Feedback Inside]

LegendXCarisso

Anyone remember the original seven Warframes? I do... and only a handful do I care for. Lore states Excalibur was the first. Then came six more: Loki, Mag, Trinity, Ash, Rhino, and Ember. But wait a minute, didn't I say in my header there were "8 Originals"? Why have I changed it to 7? Here's why:

DE? You forgot about Volt. What happened to him? He was the first Warframe I chose. He was fast, agile... deadly to Grineer, and even more deadly to Corpus forces. Since then, he was dissected and eventually settled down in an interesting situation. He has good shields, and par health. His abilities are... okay I suppose, but he's been all but neglected since then. Rarely do I see any fellow Tenno that are Volts, nor have I seen any inkling to him getting a "Prime" version of him. Nyx got Prime for crying out loud and she looks like a female Excalibur with a different helmet! I mean, I even heard word during one of the livestreams that Valkyr is next on the frames to get Prime status.

Why has Volt been ignored for so long? Does DE not care for him? We hear "Rhino" this, or "Nova" that. Nyx was Update 6, and Valkyr was Update 11. Sure, Volt gets a card with the Syndicates.. but all it does it make you give other people the "Shock" element on weapons, which if you're fighting Grinner or Corpus anyway... then you'll already HAVE Shock on your weapons, and even more-so radiation/magnetic. I dunno, but to me that feels like DE didn't even put any thought into what Volt could supply to the battlefield.

Why not make his card be an Electric Shield ability that gives everyone a full-body shield that makes the team have increased defenses, or pure invulnerability for a few seconds against laser/bullet fire, without murdering your shields. As a bonus, since electricity means power, any damage they take charges their energy pool as well?

That would be my feedback as a neglected Volt player... Make Volt's Syndicate ability useful. Perhaps also give us a Volt Prime instead of.... -cough- Valkyr Prime. Show Volt some love?

No Valkyr nor Volt will be next prime. It will be female but you did forgot the Trinity and seeing as they are doing the first 8 frames as prime ones it is highly possible to be her. After that a male frame will come, two to be specific and to be more specific the last 2 of the 8 ones are going to be primed Volt and Ash.

Just my guess but i don't think we will see newer frames before the older ones.

Volt isn't mentioned because he doesn't have problems. He's got high shields, great mobility and can either rush or stand his ground, with a #1 that consistently stuns.

As an Oberon fan, I understand that you're disappointed about the simplicity of his Syndicate skill, but it's not a sign of neglect.

I even heard word during one of the livestreams that Valkyr is next on the frames to get Prime status.

Do you happen to have a link off that statement?

I seriously doubt Valkyr will be next as that poses a problem both lore wise and sequence wise. Trinity is my bet as she is one of the original 8 then we will be moving on to 2 males to follow the M M F F pattern. Volt is my best guess for the first and then Ash so you just have to hold your horses and forget your conspiracy thought. In time you will get your bling Volt.

I Volt most of the time, he's officially my favorite frame (sorry, Frost, I still love you!). He's good at what he does and doesn't need any more 'attention' since that could result in something bad.

He'll probably get a prime eventually. Maybe even next frame. No reason that it's set in stone on the gender order of prime release.

I Volt most of the time, he's officially my favorite frame (sorry, Frost, I still love you!). He's good at what he does and doesn't need any more 'attention' since that could result in something bad.

He'll probably get a prime eventually. Maybe even next frame. No reason that it's set in stone on the gender order of prime release.

Wouldn't be the first spot of inconsistency from DE but I have a pretty strong feeling they'll stick to the MM FF MM FF release pattern.

No Valkyr nor Volt will be next prime. It will be female but you did forgot the Trinity and seeing as they are doing the first 8 frames as prime ones it is highly possible to be her. After that a male frame will come, two to be specific and to be more specific the last 2 of the 8 ones are going to be primed Volt and Ash.

Just my guess but i don't think we will see newer frames before the older ones.

Actually, my opening post mentioned Trinity along with the other seven. :P

Do you happen to have a link off that statement?

I seriously doubt Valkyr will be next as that poses a problem both lore wise and sequence wise. Trinity is my bet as she is one of the original 8 then we will be moving on to 2 males to follow the M M F F pattern. Volt is my best guess for the first and then Ash so you just have to hold your horses and forget your conspiracy thought. In time you will get your bling Volt.

I'm afraid not, as it was being posted in the chat by a bunch of people how Valkyr was confirmed for Prime; something about "Hysteria"? Could be wrong though. I frankly remember seeing one of the admins on the feed conversing with them about it.

Wouldn't be the first spot of inconsistency from DE but I have a pretty strong feeling they'll stick to the MM FF MM FF release pattern.

And see? This is the problem though. We have Nyx. Nyx is NOT one of the original eight, yet here she is. She was released in Update 6... so this simply tells me DE isn't releasing the original eight frames first... and particularly don't care for order either. We have Mag, Ember, Frost, Rhino, and Loki. We have Excalibur, but I do not count that one for personal reasons. Given, it exists... but not to me and never will, but I digress. We have all but Trinity, Ash, and Volt Primes.

I think Volt is perfect as he is. Probably the most balanced frame in the game.

All I wish (and this is an idea suggested by someone else some time ago) is that his shields could become conduits for the lightning from his 4th ability.

So when all the lights in a room are gone, Volt can still get extra damage from any shields he has placed on the battlefield.

Volt, Ember, Frost, Saryn all are basic elemental warframe. DE purposely give the same augmented skill effect to all of them. If Volt is neglected because of this then what about Ember, Saryn, Frost?

Seriously, people only use x warframe not getting attention as excuse, but all they want is just buff for ability they used the most. What do you expect from an old Warframe that is one among dozens? And Volt already got a proper ability rework since damage 2.0 and still receive more buff after that. Volt is not ignored, he's already done. People are just greedy for buff and can't be satisfied with good and balanced.

Volt has received some good buffs a few months ago and he is in a good place.

He has reclaimed his place a starting frame.

His basic and ulti are on par with most damage frames and cast quickly.

He then has the un-equalable group movement and melee speed boost that is amazing.

His shields have been buffed amazingly lately so that they are big and can be seen through. (Rember the tiny old fail shields?)

He technically can do a super defense bubble like frost used to.

Valkyr is not getting next prime. The only thing DE has said on the matter is that they will favour older frames when deciding "next prime".

Also based on the pattern the next frame is female out of Banshee/Trinity/Saryn.

After that we will get two male prime access back to back. These will between Ash and Volt.

So I would bet that by around mid point next year (June-ish) we will have volt prime.

In my opinion you are asking for something that really is not needed right now. He is in a good place. Especially when compared to say Excalibur who just has "re-work" and got messed over completely.

Volt is actually in a very good spot now.

The fact that his 1 is so awesome that I can fit in any melee or shooting scenario even if the damage falls off.

In fact I find the basic 8 tend to be more balanced than the rest of the new cast.

As for next prime frame, I believe it will be Trinity or Volt :o

Oh for Christ sake people. NOWHERE in my original post did I state Volt sucked. I judged his stats post-rework, and I clearly said they're okay, yet all I seem to read are the constant "Volt is one of the most balanced frames, blah blah" I KNOW THIS. So stop posting this line already. But the worst offender I'm going to quote is:

Volt, Ember, Frost, Saryn all are basic elemental warframe. DE purposely give the same augmented skill effect to all of them. If Volt is neglected because of this then what about Ember, Saryn, Frost?

Seriously, people only use x warframe not getting attention as excuse, but all they want is just buff for ability they used the most. What do you expect from an old Warframe that is one among dozens? And Volt already got a proper ability rework since damage 2.0 and still receive more buff after that. Volt is not ignored, he's already done. People are just greedy for buff and can't be satisfied with good and balanced.

Also, nowhere in my post Rekkou, did I state this was the reason I feel he's neglected. I don't want a buff of any kind on his base... but a rework of the "AUGMENT CARD" he received as per-the syndicate implementation; other people have nothing to do with it. I simply stated two things; His prime form, and a suggestion for his card. Don't get me worked up.

Now then, it's true those four are basic element frames, but let's see how much love Volt gets compared to them too:

Frost has the biggest fan/user base of the bunch, what with his shielding that makes him perfect for Defense missions, which along with Survival are the most played missions in-game.Ember is literally a fire chicken that runs around blowing things up with her ultimate, and generally the perfect frame for Infested missions, especially ODD. Saryn even has her own secret fanbase. True she isn't spoken of much, but is loved among solo players for her poison abilities. Finally, Volt. Good for Capture missions. Who would want speed in any other mission type? He's a good starting frame, but people who choose him will toss him quickly, and those who see him even as a potential starter will toss him for the over-loved Loki, or the Excalibur mascot.

In my opinion you are asking for something that really is not needed right now. He is in a good place. Especially when compared to say Excalibur who just has "re-work" and got messed over completely.

Again with that "He's perfectly balanced" line... -sigh- Anyway, I don't see why a "Volt Prime is not needed". It's time he got a promotion. But at this point with everyone saying the same thing, it kinda just proves my point about the lack of love for Volt. If me wanting Volt's Syndicate card to actually be useful, and wanting a Prime form is wanting too much, then I don't know what to tell any of you. It's just my thoughts on the matter. The ONLY two things.

In my opinion, DE could throw this 2 males/2 fems/2males/... out of the window and just release what they feel is right.

At this rate I would have to wait for at least half a year to maybe get my hands on a Volt Prime. On the other hand, I will surely miss my old one. We've been through a lot.

About half a year, everyone was picking on him. Now his mate Excal is the new one to be bullied.

-snip-

Every basic elemental warframe gets their first ability augmented into elemental damage bonus for other player. This is a single concept and applied indiscriminately to all basic elemental warframe. It has nothing to do at all with how popular a warframe is. You made implications that DE made this augmentations because they didn't care about Volt and should have made the electric shield augmentation to make it needlessly more powerful.

If you want to suggest a new augmentations, go ahead. But your whole Volt is ignored by DE is just a silly made up excuse that leads to "If DE care about Volt, they should buff the electric shield!"

And his prime is just a matter of time, all primes are made one by one following a pattern. Some are bound to be earlier and the rest are bound to be later. Early means loved and later means ignored, is just another made up excuse.

Every basic elemental warframe gets their first ability augmented into elemental damage bonus for other player. This is a single concept and applied indiscriminately to all basic elemental warframe. It has nothing to do at all with how popular a warframe is. You made implications that DE made this augmentations because they didn't care about Volt and should have made the electric shield augmentation to make it needlessly more powerful.

If you want to suggest a new augmentations, go ahead. But your whole Volt is ignored by DE is just a silly made up excuse that leads to "If DE care about Volt, they should buff the electric shield!"

And his prime is just a matter of time, all primes are made one by one following a pattern. Some are bound to be earlier and the rest are bound to be later. Early means loved and later means ignored, is just another made up excuse.

No. I said DE should buff his Augment Card. There's a BIG difference between "DE Should buff his base", and "DE should buff his card". And if that's the case then they should really fix all four element cards, as the buff is rather useless. And again... there is NO pattern since Nyx was Update 6, and never existed to begin with UNTIL Update 6. If they were actually following a pattern, Trinity, Saryn, or Volt would have been the next prime.

It's simply a matter of thought-pattern vs excuse, and you clearly missed the mark here. I'm not going to argue with you on the difference between the two, however. I simply leave this thread here, so DE can see it. Agree or don't, but do NOT bash my feedback.

Excalibur didn't get any worse, what's your problem?

Going off-topic, Excalibur's second skill was "rebalanced" to make it so he can't blind through walls. Fair enough. However, his ultimate doesn't even hit half the time, and definitely does NOT appear to be uncapped, as I could use it with Stretch, and Intensity, and it only kills about... hmm, to not use percentages, let's say there's about 17 dudes in a single room. Only about 8-12 will actually be "hit" (READ: Not to be confused with killed). His Super Jump is still kinda pointless despite the invisibility, and Slash Dash is mostly left intact... but again, they stated the mob count that could be struck would be uncapped; it doesn't feel, NOR look like it was.

Excalibur didn't get any worse, what's your problem?

You never played an Excalibur in high level I assume. Or if you did your team carried you through and be thankful for that. As a team player I like to contribute to my team and now I can not.

At high level both Slash Dash and Radial Javelin is useless as their fixed damage. Radial Javelin's stun is way too short, takes longer to cast. I did not find any build which makes Super Jump viable at 30+ level, but I am open to suggestion.

The only ability which was useful was Radial Blind (should have been his lvl 4 skill anyway), and the only skill which also helped the team. Now that it is blocked by single pillar or box it is a Russian rullet for the player and absolutely useless to team.

So no, based on that should not touch the Volt.

Edited by MichaelSD

Volt isn't mentioned because he doesn't have problems. He's got high shields, great mobility and can either rush or stand his ground, with a #1 that consistently stuns.

As an Oberon fan, I understand that you're disappointed about the simplicity of his Syndicate skill, but it's not a sign of neglect.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^