Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now That Syndicate Standing Was 'fixed,' Make High Rank Sigils Do More!

HolidayPi3

I agree with your sentiment, OP, but this example is bad.

There was not a significant amount of "risk" involved in not bringing a secondary, and the reward is doubled. In fact, most players with high-end gear (and even without, really) don't bother switching weapons very often, so not bringing one barely affects the way you play the game. At best it's a momentary annoyance. This is not a handicap that warrants a doubled payoff.

If you have an idea for a REAL handicap, then I completely agree with you. I also agree with the notion that higher ranking sigils should affect point accumulation rate.

Not a real handicap!? It was a serious struggle fighting on Cerberus with only Boltor Prime. I dropped dead alot. That is a pretty brutal handicap on such a high level planet. Also it should be considered legendary reputation with everything when they finally add something like it in the game not what we have with syndicate which seem to RECOGNIZE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING as of hotfix 15.0.6. I mean my gosh I could brutally murder them all with a flame thrower and Red Veil still wouldn't recognize it, and its totally purging if your going flame thrower. Cutting everyone down with only a dragon Nikana. That is EPIC LEVEL REPUTATION. If some random samurai walked into a room full of Corpus, and cut them all down single handedly using only that that man deserves a medal because that is amazing. Even more so if the samurai can do it without getting hit once.

From the point of view of the enemy in mission where enemies are left alive they should be able to tell the tale of how fearsome a Tenno was this is heard by the syndicate, and they reward you for your fearsome style due to how legendary it was.

This game needs a system where the enemies, and allies recognize your skill. By taking away the single weapon combat benefit it completely blows away any hope for a possible future where enemies, and allies alike recognize anything whatsoever... even the challenges are a poor way to show recognition its just medals no enemies, or allies will mention a singe thing about it. Heck would be even cooler if the challenges were linked, or related to different characters, and factions in the game, and when completing them you get a message from said person who wanted you to complete challenge. We don't even get that at all.

My finishing words... Reputation Reputation Reputation... The player's Ego should be Stroked!

I'll start off by saying I liked how rep worked for a couple of days. Before the hotfix, you used to gain about twice as much rep if you used only one weapon and your frame.

In my opinion, this was a nifty system because it rewarded challenge. It rewarded players who were willing to go on long excursions with just their frame and favorite gun without any backup from a sentinel, and without a secondary or melee with lifestrike to fall back on. Risk was rewarded. This is probably the closest we've been to skill being rewarded..

That might sound dramatic, but that's all my opinion. So instead and whine and cry that it's gone, I'll leave that feedback behind and offer a suggestion.

Most players have noticed that higher rank sigils don't do anything for rep gain. Why not make these higher rank sigils multiply your standing?

This makes players feel more invested in their chosen factions because while they're gaining more rep for their chosen faction, they're also digging themselves deeper holes in others. Not to mention the amount of rep we spend on the sigils would make it a huge investment.

My 2c.

DE this has 83 upvotes. Please set it back the way it was. RISK was indeed rewarded. It wasn't like it was Easier to farm standing. It was CHALLENGING.

• 2 weeks later...

Remember, this is still in Open beta, so things are definitely subject to change, and they aren't perfect. Honestly I think they've done an excellent job with Warframe as it is. I mean, they are still coming out with new content, it's a really fun game, hard to ask for too much more, especially because it's still in beta.

That aside, I would like to see a change with the syndicates. I think the goal should't be to have players grind a few select missions just to have a feasible chance to get really high with a single syndicate, but to have it where you gain a reasonable amount of reputation for every mission you do. (I usually get 50 or less for almost every mission I do if I don't do intercepts or defenses, and that's against lvl 30-40 enemies). I mean, I can understand getting a lot more for defenses and such, but I'm kinda tired of going solo and getting 40 reputation for a level 40 alert mission, when the first level is 5000, which means I'd have to do more than 100 of those missions just to get the first level, and then I don't know how many more to get the second level, and that's if I don't use any of my reputation to unlock anything. I don't think it should be too easy though, because you want to have your syndicate choice actually have meaning, so you can't just switch back and forth, but I don't think you should feel chained to a single syndicate.
I think the greater reward for greater risk is a great idea, and I also think the better sigils giving more rep would be perfect as well. It would actually reward you for going deeper into a syndicate.

Here's a thought: Where we have the sacrifices to go up levels, why not have them for the offerings? At this rate, it would probably take a thousand or so missions just to be able to get a few of the really high-teir items of a single syndicate, and while really dedicated players wouldn't have a problem with that, it really forces you to stay with a single syndicate for the majority of your gaming to get anything decent out of it. So why not have expensive resource/part/credit sacrifices plus a smaller amount of reputation for the offerings? Say instead of 2500 rep for the blueprints at level 1, why not have it be like 500 plus an assortment of other things?

Edited by Aguri

Well, the old system clearly has some large flaws, and won't be returning.  Getting a 100% bonus on your rifle kills cause you didn't bring a pistol isn't reasonable - no where near 100% increase in risk - and getting a 100% bonus on someone else's kill because you didn't bring a pistol is downright stupid.

That's not to say there's no middle ground though.  Have every enemy remember the highest conclave rating weapon or frame that affected it.  So if you shoot it twice with your 300 value pistol, then a 800 point Nyx mind controls it and then shoots in with a 750 point boltor prime, it's value is scaled to 800.  The singular shared value is what's shared.

That way you can still reward actual challenge, while closing the most common ways of side-stepping the challenge.  It counts what you actually used, not what you might have used, and you can't work around it by letting someone else disable then killing it yourself with a low value weapon.