Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snowglobe Or Cataclysm Discussion Thread

izzatuw

So after fully using Limbo properly, ranked him to rank 30 and all abilities at maxed rank, the question came to my mind, which one is better for void defense?

There main goal in a defense: To defend the pod from any from damage

Let's talk about there uniqueness that they have.

Frost Snowglobe: Enemies inside will be slowed down, from a corrupted ancient to a heavy gunners shooting speed. This means that Frost has a unique speed debuff to enemies. Enemy projectiles get stopped.

Limbo Catacylsm: This ability helps your teammates regenerate energy if they're in its range and a quite decent speed (Maybe the same as 4 people using E-Siphon or faster at its max rank. The initial step that enemies take when they try going inside damages them a bit. Enemy projectiles pass through.

I should talk about there pros and cons. If I have missed any pros and cons, please inform me and I shall edit them in.

I'll get this similar con they both share before talking about there cons they don't share.

-You and your teammates cannot shoot anything inside the SG/Cataclysm if you yourself are not inside it.-

Now, let's talk about Snowglobe.

Pros:

-Enemies inside will have there movements slow down.

-Stops enemy projectiles from touching anything inside giving the squad and the cryopod 360* cover

-Players inside can shoot enemies outside.

Cons:

-Is told to be shredded in higher levels if not modded right or in high wave void defense

- Will require multiple casts for it to become useful in high wave defense

Catacylsm:

Note: My build for Catacylsm can be found in this thread I made.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/333174-psa-limbo-is-useful-for-non-infested-defense/

Pros:

-Does not get destroyed by anything

- Shrinks during the duration of time but if casted properly will make the pod hollow from start to finish.

- Team energy regenerates allowing you and teammates to regenerate energy while a wave is coming or during the 15. seconds of every wave

Cons:

- Although it does give cover to the pod and the squad, it does not allow you to get any pick ups in its range

- Doesn't allow you to attack anything in its range. (But abilities from other teammates can still do damage)

-Longer casting time than Snowglobe.

In the end, both of these abilities do there job nicely and is not meant to cause flaming or frame bashing. Discuss below.

Snowglobe pretty much wins by default.

The radius is static and doesn't shrink, the slow effect is a damage reduction buffer for any players inside, and you can actually shoot outside of it. The way I see it, Cataclysm is just a Fire Blast with more damage and entirely too many drawbacks. It's not a very good defensive tool.

If the thing wasn't an absolutely terrible bullet barrier from the ever-shrinking inside, it would be better.

As of now, it's irritating and detrimental to anything but a premade squad specifically built to work around it.

Limbo is the most unfriendly team frame ever put into this game.

Cataclysm only protects things that can be put into the rift.

Which means it cannot protect the pod because the pod cannot enter the rift. So while the party inside have the leave the bubble to hurt the enemies the enemies can be outside the bubble and still shoot the pod and damage it.

Cataclysm only protects things that can be put into the rift.

Which means it cannot protect the pod because the pod cannot enter the rift. So while the party inside have the leave the bubble to hurt the enemies the enemies can be outside the bubble and still shoot the pod and damage it.

you just wrong , already test by myself and Cataclysm can protect the pod from every bullet from outside

Snowglobe pretty much wins by default.

The radius is static and doesn't shrink, the slow effect is a damage reduction buffer for any players inside, and you can actually shoot outside of it. The way I see it, Cataclysm is just a Fire Blast with more damage and entirely too many drawbacks. It's not a very good defensive tool.

No... If you saw my thread that I linked, if you cast where the pic was, Catacylsm makes the pod hollow for the eternity of the cast from the beginning to the end of the cast, but... Snowglobe is known to be destroyed before the end of the duration in high voids or long waves.

The correct answer is Volt.

Surround the pod with Electric Shields, have a Nova do CC work, a Zephyr provide additional protection/CC and have a Trinity supply energy. 40 waves of T4D cant be wrong.

And it confounds me to no end how anyone manages to see out of the bloody snowglobe.

If the snow globe is smaller and the cataclysm huge it works fairly well.

Then that kind of defeats the point of Cataclysm, since its not seperating enemies from the objective.

All its doing when its that huge is applying a coloured filter over your squadmates screens.

Edited by Dualstar

The correct answer is Volt.

Surround the pod with Electric Shields, have a Nova do CC work, a Zephyr provide additional protection/CC and have a Trinity supply energy. 40 waves of T4D cant be wrong.

And it confounds me to no end how anyone manages to see out of the bloody snowglobe.

Then that kind of defeats the point of Cataclysm, since its not seperating enemies from the objective.

All its doing when its that huge is applying a coloured filter over your squadmates screens.

I see just fine, also, here's a tip. Use the pure black energy for Frost and SG will be visually empty, as good as Volt's E Shield is, I feel that it doesn't fit this discussion because it's not a whole 360* It will require multiple casts at multiple places. But No, I'm not saying his E Shield is bad, just doesn't fit the discussion

Why dont you cast cataclysm, then put down a snowglobe.

Teammates get buffed, enemies get nerfed, nothing outside can shoot in, and if bubble break you still have cataclysm protection.

Because AFAIK, you still can't shoot enemies outside...

I see just fine, also, here's a tip. Use the pure black energy for Frost and SG will be visually empty, as good as Volt's E Shield is, I feel that it doesn't fit this discussion because it's not a whole 360* It will require multiple casts at multiple places. But No, I'm not saying his E Shield is bad, just doesn't fit the discussion

I never said i was the Frost, its other people playing Frost that i have problems with.

And EShield is superior to Snowglobe in my book. The damage, critical and multishot boosts are extremely helpful at high waves if you have modded your guns properly to exploit them, and of course theyre duration only.

So what if it takes 4-6 shields to fully ward the pod? Nothings perfect like pre-nerf Snowglobe was.

I never said i was the Frost, its other people playing Frost that i have problems with.

And EShield is superior to Snowglobe in my book. The damage, critical and multishot boosts are extremely helpful at high waves if you have modded your guns properly to exploit them, and of course theyre duration only.

So what if it takes 4-6 shields to fully ward the pod? Nothings perfect like pre-nerf Snowglobe was.

Because, I've personally had more experience using Frost and Limbo more than Volt and I personally felt it shouldn't be included. If you do wanna talk about E Shield, please go make a new thread about it or discuss about it somewhere else.

Because, I've personally had more experience using Frost and Limbo more than Volt and I personally felt it shouldn't be included. If you do wanna talk about E Shield, please go make a new thread about it or discuss about it somewhere else.

Then i shall share something that literally just happened to me in a pub game.

Firing through Electric Shield allows rifted players to deal damage to unrifted enemies.

Might get hotfixed as more people work it out, but for now it completely negates the one downside of using Cataclysm as a defence tool.

I shall perform more rigorous testing when my slaves friends start coming online.

Edited by Dualstar

Then i shall share something that literally just happened to me in a pub game.

Firing through Electric Shield allows rifted players to deal damage to unrifted enemies.

Might get hotfixed as more people work it out, but for now it completely negates the one downside of using Cataclysm as a defence tool.

I shall perform more rigorous testing when my slaves friends start coming online.

Friend informed me about this a few hours ago, thanks for telling anyway, E Shield does synergize well with both but maybe only globe after this

I prefer a more mobile playstyle, so I prefer using Limbo over Frost. I use a duration/efficiency build, with reduced range (similar to yours, izzatuw) for defence missions, and it's really not that difficult to do a slide attack through it when needed, or pop riftwalk and take out whatever is doing damage. A Limbo player in defence should be filling the same role as a snowglobe Frost, but can do it with more mobility. Also, this is a situation where I prefer to bring carrier over my sahasa. Carrier is more useful for this build.

And to those saying that Cataclysm doesn't work on the pod or artifact, well you're really just wrong. That's all there is to it. It actually does shift the pod. Banish doesn't, but Cataclysm does.