Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reduce Reputation Requirements Or Make It Less Grindy

Gauron

I think syndicates are cool but the way they current system is set up I don't even feel like trying to get the little fun new mods because the amount of time you have to spend doing it. There's really enough grinding in Warframe per haps change the reputation system completely instead of grinding to get rep you do certain raid mission on the opposing factions to your syndicate.

Some ideas for syndicates is to make it have more immersion you could fight alone side your faction's warriors (npcs) with your party while fighting other syndicates rather then just the three main factions. There could also be Syndicate hubs where you can get briefed right before going on a mission with your syndicate soldiers where the commander in charge of that specific syndicate tells you what's going down while having more story driven missions instead of the same old kill this, sabotage that, etc. capture this informant from this syndicate who has the parts for this mod then the reward could be one of those new mods. I think Syndicates have a lot of potential but the current incarnation of it is completely lackluster.

Edited by Gauron

The costs would be fine if there were some way to increase gain with rank.

Sigils (confirmed not to give a boost) would be the simplest way, with each providing a boost based on the cost and the rank required.

Suggested values:

1st tier: +25/50/75%

2nd tier +100/150%

3rd tier +200/250%

4th tier +300%

Even with the final badge, one mission on Cerberus, Pluto to 4 rounds (with booster) would net around 5000 points. This would mean it would take 2 hours of grind to buy an ability augment, or one mission would get 10 specters, a fair price after amassing 240,000 loyalty.

Edited by Kthal

Sigils (confirmed not to give a boost) would be the simplest way, with each providing a boost based on the cost and the rank required.

Suggested values:

2nd tier +100/150%

3rd tier +200/250%

4th tier +300%

Even with the final badge, one mission on Cerberus, Pluto to 4 rounds (with booster) would net around 5000 points. This would mean it would take 2 hours of grind to buy an ability augment, or one mission would get 10 specters, a fair price after amassing 400,000(?) loyalty.

+1

That would be really awesome.

Suggested values:

2nd tier +100/150%

3rd tier +200/250%

4th tier +300%

Even with the final badge, one mission on Cerberus, Pluto to 4 rounds (with booster) would net around 5000 points. This would mean it would take 2 hours of grind to buy an ability augment, or one mission would get 10 specters, a fair price after amassing 400,000(?) loyalty.

Disagree. It's not meant to be causal content that people blitz through. It wouldn't be special to max out otherwise.

All content doesn't have to be beaten in a day you know.

I know that syndicates are supposed to be a thing on the side, rather than something to grind towards, but considering the minimal amount of standing gained in a normal mission, I have given up all hope of seeing augments in the near future. As it stands, grinding is really the only option when it comes to getting those rewards in a reasonable amount of time.

+1 OP, I hope they will change this.

Disagree. It's not meant to be causal content that people blitz through. It wouldn't be special to max out otherwise.

All content doesn't have to be beaten in a day you know.

Given that a typical mission awards 40-100 reputation, a 25-75% boost won't do much early on (especially with those massive costs), and by the time you have purchased the last badge, you will have had to grind 240,000 reputation. That is 240 dedicated grinding missions, or 2,400-6,000 casual missions. Asking for that to be effectively halved is not an unreasonable request.

240 grinding missions at 20 minutes apiece is 80+ hours of mission time. Fully ranking a Warframe takes 1 hour, and 2 weapons (with one to use) can also be ranked in that time. There are ~30 Warframes and ~175 obtainable weapons, meaning around 90 hours of grind to max every item in the game.

A single Syndicate takes almost as long to complete as Mastery Rank 17.

Edited by Kthal

Given that a typical mission awards 40-100 reputation, a 25-75% boost won't do much early on (especially with those massive costs), and by the time you have purchased the last badge, you will have had to grind 400,000 reputation. That is 400 dedicated grinding missions, or 5,000-10,000 casual missions. Asking for that to be effectively halved is not an unreasonable request.

Don't invent numbers please. 400,000 is a long way from the actual 240,000.

all "content" should not need bots to be beaten

That's a very asinine thing to say.

Edited by JohnProdman

My mistake, backtracking and fixing numbers.

I read something somewhere and completely misremembered it.

Edited by Kthal

240.000 is just the rep needed to reach max status with the syndicate. To actually buy all mods you'll need 250.000 extra rep, making a total of 490.000 rep. Not taking into account sigils, large team restore or specters.

Given that a typical mission awards 40-100 reputation, a 25-75% boost won't do much early on (especially with those massive costs), and by the time you have purchased the last badge, you will have had to grind 240,000 reputation. That is 240 dedicated grinding missions, or 2,400-6,000 casual missions. Asking for that to be effectively halved is not an unreasonable request.

240 grinding missions at 20 minutes apiece is 80+ hours of mission time. Fully ranking a Warframe takes 1 hour, and 2 weapons (with one to use) can also be ranked in that time. There are ~30 Warframes and ~175 obtainable weapons, meaning around 90 hours of grind to max every item in the game.

A single Syndicate takes almost as long to complete as Mastery Rank 17.

a rank 0 doesn't have access to affinity boosters or sechura or odd

240.000 is just the rep needed to reach max status with the syndicate. To actually buy all mods you'll need 250.000 extra rep, making a total of 490.000 rep. Not taking into account sigils, large team restore or specters.

Dont forget the T4 keys. i cant even get pass rank 2 becuase from the way i see it those T4 survival keys are worth alot more in terms of plat gains compared to the rest of the stuff hexis is offering.

For God's sake it's not something to be done in a day! They said they are going to flesh it out...we'll probably see event weapons return with this.

It's a long time goal to work for, which people wanted and got. Seriously! Why do you guys grind for everything?

I kinda like having something to work towards.

It is nice to have content that can't be done in a week.

Syndicates are endgame, and work as such because the rewards are difficult to obtain

We have more than enough instant gratification already thank you very much

well end-game 

i got everything max , plenty of resource (neurodes , o cell 300+ , polymer 500k+) ,plenty of platinum , plenty of t4 key (20-40 each) , all archwing mod max , dont need to farm for anything anymore

so if i need one of those "End game" mod i need to play the same mission over and over again just to get ridiculously low amout syndicate standing? since i dont need anything beside "End game" mod

huh good idea for end game more like end grind to me

Edited by VioletX

240,000 / 1,200 (from daily missions from main faction) = 200 days.

240,000 / 1,600 (from daily missions from main faction + ally faction) = 150 days.

240,000 / 2,600 (main + ally factions + 1k grind per day (1hr long?)) = 92 days.

So, if you try enough, you can get up to Masters in 3 months. Have a booster, and get more per day, and you can cut the time shorter.

Seems to be fine to me atm, but not sure yet.