The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Charge Or Energy Siphon? Which Is The Best For Ash?

Gu4rd10

Question

I saw many guide build about ash, some say energy siphon will be great for ash since he can spam his skill more often, and some say steel charge will be great since ash can deal more damage from his melle weapon and smoke screen deal more damage. So which is the best for ash actually?

13 answers to this question

Energy Siphon is a more conservative aura. It's always safe to equip it, no matter what. I'm sure there's players who have forma'd every single aura slot and run Energy Siphon on every single frame, on every single game.

However, think about it like this: if you equip Steel Charge you kill enemies faster and loot appears faster. Thus, you pick up their blue spheres more frequently. And since they are dying faster because of your melee, you need to spam less abilities.

Energy Siphon is a more conservative aura. It's always safe to equip it, no matter what. I'm sure there's players who have forma'd every single aura slot and run Energy Siphon on every single frame, on every single game. However, think about it like this: if you equip Steel Charge you kill enemies faster and loot appears faster. Thus, you pick up their blue spheres more frequently. And since they are dying faster because of your melee, you need to spam less abilities.

I disagree.

The most time you spend on a high level survival, the less efficient Steel Charge melee bonus will become.

Plus Ash already has one of the best damage dealers ultimates in the game.

But I've to say that If OP is trying to go to a high level survival/defense switching among Energy Siphon and Corrosive Projection is better.

I tend to use SC and a carrier, as more often than not i'm running 75% efficiency and just one orb during a blade storm makes it free....and i normally pickup at least 2 during the animation (b/c of the carrier)

I find that unless the entire squad is running ES, its not worth slotting.

personally I use steel charge because i have no energy problems due to the fact that i have a maxed vitality, vigor and rage on my ash also life strike on my melees.

I solo a lot so energy siphon is not for me it takes quite some time to get enough even for 1 skill let alone 75 energy or more >.> just a waste of time imo 

but it all depends on your play style 

Edit : the guy above reminded me hehe but i also use a Sahasa Kubrow who digs me up 25-75 energy every 15 or 20 sec sooo...

Edited by Babce

A few notes:

1) Think about your team and use whatever benefits them the most since having Corrosive Projection or Energy Siphon will likely be far more beneficial than Steel Charge.

2) Both Shuriken and Blade Storm ignore armor so Corrosive Projection is not strictly needed unless running endless content with a team.

3) Rejuvenation can also be substituted for Energy Siphon with the use of Vitality+Rage and makes Ash slightly more durable (not that he needs it).