Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennobet Font Package And Understanding

-Krux-

The Grineer though, how would one write that without drawing it? 

I guess it's not much of a problem if the purpose is to communicate, but still. 

Stamps? HOnestly, I've got the SAME question about Japanese Kanji and Chinese letters.

Stamps? HOnestly, I've got the SAME question about Japanese Kanji and Chinese letters.

Kanji and Kana are traditionally written with a brush and follow a stroke order. 

They look less elegant in pen, but it's still pretty. 

Hey Krux, do you have any idea how the CH and K letters for Corpus are used?

I'm asking that because I'd like to refine a character costume of mine by using writings with the word BREACH, its name. But seeing as the Grineer use one symbol for the sound CH (therefore merging two letters in one), I was wondering if the Corpus do the same or not.

Hey Krux, do you have any idea how the CH and K letters for Corpus are used?

I'm asking that because I'd like to refine a character costume of mine by using writings with the word BREACH, its name. But seeing as the Grineer use one symbol for the sound CH (therefore merging two letters in one), I was wondering if the Corpus do the same or not.

I literally just uploaded the new corpus font based on DE's official translation.

And yes it seems the corpus do the same exact thing but depending on how old the example is.. there's 'K' and there's 'Ch' where a 'C' would be placed.

I think the intention is to use 'K' however and breach would be spelled "b r e a c", but knowing DE, they might have a weird spelling for that.. like tacking on the extra 'H' on the end.

Even in tennobet there's TONS of mispellings by DE that simply make no sense. They're favorite "Evolution" symbol that they place on almost everything (due to their engine being called the Evolution Engine) is spelled Evolutiom with an 'm' at the end. The word "the" is spelled 2 different ways depending where you look as well.

Point is.. as much as we would like an official right/wrong spelling for everything, even DE doesn't know how to spell things with their own languages sometimes which makes it harder for us.

People cannot understand my handwriting, I can barely understand mine, I quit bothering Learning to Write in Japanese, I blame my bad hand writing for this xD.

Though it Wold be awesome if i had the writing skills to be able to Write in tenno Language '-'

• 2 weeks later...

I started practising writing Corpus, I can now write without a Cypher, but there are a few mysteries about how to write some words.
I'll make an example: how do you write DIFFERENCE in Corpus alphabet? I use the 'ch" character where the C is, even though you spell it like /s/ when you pronounce it. I only use the 'k' Corpus character where you have a K or a C pronounced like /k/ in Latin.

I have solved it! :D

It says "You are the hope and future" repeatedly, which is an excerpt from one of the signs around the Relays. I made a blog post on it.

That's nice. I instantly recognised Tennobet, but either because I'm lazy or because I couldn't find the time I never took on myself the effort of decyphering it.

Keep them coming!

I started practising writing Corpus, I can now write without a Cypher, but there are a few mysteries about how to write some words.

I'll make an example: how do you write DIFFERENCE in Corpus alphabet? I use the 'ch" character where the C is, even though you spell it like /s/ when you pronounce it. I only use the 'k' Corpus character where you have a K or a C pronounced like /k/ in Latin.

That's nice. I instantly recognised Tennobet, but either because I'm lazy or because I couldn't find the time I never took on myself the effort of decyphering it.

Keep them coming!

Looks to me like you spelled it right. I know that 'C' character is kinda shifty but I'm certain DE would spell it that way only because the only other character, 'S', wouldn't belong there. It's not phonetic like tennobet, so even the double-'F' would be correct, there's some examples of double characters in place with corpus where they don't exist in "proper" tennobet. I say proper because there are in-game misspellings with tennobet using double consonants (check the door holograms in your dojo, first that comes to mind is "barracks")

Btw nice on knowing the corpus language by heart, I've only been able to do that with tennobet so far.

Btw nice on knowing the corpus language by heart, I've only been able to do that with tennobet so far.

I plan to start learning Tennobet as well. It's more complex to me because it represents sounds rather than being a simple transliteration. But I guess I'll be able to do so once I can start seeing words as made of IPA characters - at that point it's back to just transliterate from one character system into another. :D

I plan to start learning Tennobet as well. It's more complex to me because it represents sounds rather than being a simple transliteration. But I guess I'll be able to do so once I can start seeing words as made of IPA characters - at that point it's back to just transliterate from one character system into another. :D

the relays, obviously, is the best place for tennobet examples.

Not much to it.. no double consonants, spelled it how it sounds - not how it's spelled.

The characters are not so hard to memorize, which is my problem with corpus (grineer is out of the question, i might as well memorize barcodes [which is literally what grineer characters are based on.]).

I opened a thread dedicated to all those players that, like me, have started trying writing stuff using the alphabets found in Warframe, and would like to share their creations. We can also ask for suggestions and spellcheck (especially for Orokin writings, since a good part of the userbase is not an English mother tongue speaker, and IPA is not an easy thing anyways).

If you see this message now it's because I saw Krux's thread and thought it would be a good idea to merge mine into his thread.

Here below you will find some of my humble attempts.

"Profit numbs the feeling" Corpus writing on the cover of my new agenda

Ubywwz1.jpg

"Snaiperskaya Vintovka" Corpus and Orokin writing on the first page

eBnVg1q.jpg

Various names and sayings in Orokin language

0a7pRr1.jpg

WCTGlVT.jpg

FDXyzzz.jpg?1

I invite every player who fancies such an idea to get started right now! Let's see your skill guys!

These are awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is there a comma/ emphasis sepratrator between "1200N" and "Serial" in your example as well as in your other examples? Did you just forget to write the corresponding commas in the English translations? Or is there a phonetic rule I'm not aware of at work?

The examples in the thread's first post come from official game artwork, and are found written along various objects. For 1200N, it's simply most probable that the separator is used like a comma: "Tenno model 1200N, serial 148H" so as to make clear that "serial 148H" is not part of the model number. I'm guessing its use is overall pretty loose.

I ran threw the relay station and looked at some of the wrightings hanging up and didn't see it used even as a comma in a text describing lotus, so it may of be used for an aesthetic touch on equipment. Also is it just me or does it seem like the teno's counting symbols are built on a base 3

Am I the only one having issues with the vowel accents when trying to duplicate the "you" in that first example? "Eoh" overlaps them a bit. "E oh" has way too big a gap. "Exoh" has a smaller gap since x is nothing, but it's still a little on the large side. In desperation, I even went into Microsoft Word and tried superscript/subscript. Oh, was that a mistake.

Since I'm in an image editing program, I'm just manually shifting the "E" up and left a bit, for the moment. But is there a way around that I'm simply missing?

EDIT: @PureDeathNight, I think it might just be you. They have 0-9, thus it's a base ten system just like that commonly used today... from a purely graphical standpoint, it's more like a base five. They have their five symbols (granted, four and five are simply flipped two and three... but that's still a seperate symbol, not a modified one like the later ones), which then repeat with the underscoring hyphen for "+5." It can't really be broken down into any neat threes.

EDIT 2: Also, I am torn. Table has a hard sound to transcribe. tAbul, tAbOl, or tAbol? None of those is exactly the right sound, but the correct sound (often transcribed as "euh," like the cry of disgust) is conspicuously missing. Looking for precedents in the provided examples has not helped, either. There is the word model, which is often slurred to a similar sound as table... that gives precedent for tAbel. There is serial, which gives precedent for tAbal. The first syllables of evolution could be argued as similar, which would give tAbOl. End result is it seems to depend--they just used the direct transliteration of whatever the letter is in English. Can't exactly do that with Table, since the vowel comes last.

Edited by Siubijeni

@siubjeni table is tAblh or just tAbl I believe ofcourse the issue with phonetic spelling is the wrighter tends to add in their regions accents on some words or when trying to figure out how to wright it phoneticly

Edit: also it would be nice if someone could produce a video pronouncing each character with a image of said character appearing at the same time, and some common examples of its use to help clarify to 100% how each is used

Edited by PureDeathNight

I ran threw the relay station and looked at some of the wrightings hanging up and didn't see it used even as a comma in a text describing lotus, so it may of be used for an aesthetic touch on equipment. Also is it just me or does it seem like the teno's counting symbols are built on a base 3

There is a scripture using the comma symbol as an actual comma.

Check the text that says the Lotus is our friend, guide and whatever it says. It has the comma there.

Yes the numbers use 3 symbols, then again with added markers. I call them I, A, and V. I = 1, A = 2, V = 3, then 4 is A but the opening is closed, 5 is V with the opening closed. and 6 is I again but underlined. Then the process repeats with underlined characters. With this, you'd imagine a closed and underlined V would be possible but by the time you get to open underlined V, you're already at 9.

Am I the only one having issues with the vowel accents when trying to duplicate the "you" in that first example? "Eoh" overlaps them a bit. "E oh" has way too big a gap. "Exoh" has a smaller gap since x is nothing, but it's still a little on the large side. In desperation, I even went into Microsoft Word and tried superscript/subscript. Oh, was that a mistake.

Since I'm in an image editing program, I'm just manually shifting the "E" up and left a bit, for the moment. But is there a way around that I'm simply missing?

EDIT: @PureDeathNight, I think it might just be you. They have 0-9, thus it's a base ten system just like that commonly used today... from a purely graphical standpoint, it's more like a base five. They have their five symbols (granted, four and five are simply flipped two and three... but that's still a seperate symbol, not a modified one like the later ones), which then repeat with the underscoring hyphen for "+5." It can't really be broken down into any neat threes.

EDIT 2: Also, I am torn. Table has a hard sound to transcribe. tAbul, tAbOl, or tAbol? None of those is exactly the right sound, but the correct sound (often transcribed as "euh," like the cry of disgust) is conspicuously missing. Looking for precedents in the provided examples has not helped, either. There is the word model, which is often slurred to a similar sound as table... that gives precedent for tAbel. There is serial, which gives precedent for tAbal. The first syllables of evolution could be argued as similar, which would give tAbOl. End result is it seems to depend--they just used the direct transliteration of whatever the letter is in English. Can't exactly do that with Table, since the vowel comes last.

I put a larger space after the 'E' and before the 'o', hopefully that does it for you. Just redownload from the same link and overwrite installation.