Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gonna Buy A New Graphics Card, Need Advice From Laptop Techs

UnknownGunneryChief

Question

So, I have saved up some cash to buy a new graphics processor (my current one is Intel HD graphics, sucks especially on Warframe), but I'm not sure what other processors my laptop could handle. I'm mainly looking for a processor that could run stuff like T4 defenses at steady 40+ fps at least, but I also want it to be as cheap as possible. So, thanks for reading and I will wait for responses! 

6 answers to this question

If you're using a laptop, you can't upgrade your GPU.

Sorry to break it to you, but if you want to upgrade your graphics, you'll need to either get an entirely new laptop or a desktop. Especially if your laptop only has an Intel HD GPU, as this is usually a sign that your laptop does not even support a dedicated GPU.

If you're looking into getting a Desktop, try to get one with an Nvidia GTX 970. The power of the card for the price is ridiculously good.

If you're looking into getting a Laptop, there are some with Nvidia GT 840Ms and GTX 850Ms which are pretty low in price with decent power.

Sorry to break it to you, but if you want to upgrade your graphics, you'll need to either get an entirely new laptop or a desktop. Especially if your laptop only has an Intel HD GPU, as this is usually a sign that your laptop does not even support a dedicated GPU.

^That^

Only reason I'm still using an AMD on my laptop.

Edited by Kestral9999

If you're looking into getting a Desktop, try to get one with an Nvidia GTX 970. The power of the card for the price is ridiculously good.

If you're looking into getting a Laptop, there are some with Nvidia GT 840Ms and GTX 850Ms which are pretty low in price with decent power.

Unfortunately this.

Thankful I got my hands on a mid level laptop for cheap, HP Envy with some good guts

Well, that sucks. The shop I bought this laptop from said the GPU is changeable on my laptop even tho it was supposed to come with an I7...@(&*@#$#s...

Nothing is impossible:

Just used first of the row videos, becouse i don ´t know your laptop config. In that case i highly recommend: go to shop and ask them about the exchange, pbb you last chance, but hope is dying last.

Wish you good luck

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099