Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Foundry build times seem way too long.

Gentlemoa

4 weeks to level battleships to from 4 - 5 :(

lol dont remind me I want my black ops Widow already lol.

But back to the OP. The wait time isnt so bad as many have already said. Just do other stuff while waiting, and its a way to say "hey dont like the wait why not buy some plat :D " Luckily you can craft multiple items at once.

IK think the three days is a bit extreme myself... doubly so when I am running missions and missionsgetting no frame xp because it is maxed but can't switch out.

The other thing is a major bug of mine . . . the basic warframes cost less to buy in plat than they do to hurry up the parts.

So let me see if I have the consensus straight here thus far:

>It's okay for the foundy times to be so long.

>If I can't be patient, I should just pay real money for convenience.

>This sort of business tactic is perfectly fine with everyone.

Really? I don't mind a wait time for my items to be crafted, but you have to admit it's pretty ridiculous to wait 3 days for what essentially is another class for me to play in game, or to wait 12 hours for a new sword. I mean, players put time and effort into 1) getting money for schematics or running missions for blueprints, 2) getting materials needed for said blueprints, and 3) getting the money required to build the item. To get slapped with a waiting time after doing all that work is a bit cruel, and I'm sure most folks don't get all they need in one sitting; not everyone can just sit and play one game all afternoon/night. And for those of you saying, "if you can't wait, just pay up," consider this: don't you think that if a player could pay real money to rush the foundry, they would have just cut out the wasted time running missions for construction materials and simply bought a complete product?

Someone mentioned EVE online and their usage of real-time skill/item attainment. However, the thing about EVE online is that when it comes to items, I have the option of building it myself at a reduced price (using in-game money!) or buying the complete item (using in-game money!). EVE doesn't force you into rushing the construction of a tech 3 cruiser with real money. I'm not going to compare the mechanics of these two games; I'm just addressing what someone else has posted prior.

All I'm saying is this: For the effort I put into grinding, for the effort I put into hunting for materials, fighting the same boss over and over and over again, the foundry times should be reduced, or at least the cost of construction be altered. I don't think that's unreasonable nor detrimental to the busines model this company is trying to set up.

Let me put it this way: I I've worked hard to get a $2 Hot Pocket, don't let it take a week to cook in the microwave. And don't make my only other option be dropping 20 bucks just to speed up the process.

Maybe if you don't use foundry, you build up bonus time up to a max of 12 hours? So when you do build your next item, you get 12 hours subtracted from your new build. The bonus timer resets to 0 and requires 24 hours to regenerate back to 12 bonus hours.

This doesnt effect your crafting other than a extra boost if you haven't crafted in a while due to farming =P

Its silly because i feel like i'm constantly getting nickel and dimed. It seems like in every action i do i am inconvenienced an unreasonable degree unless I pay a small amount of money. You should make the game as fun as possible to play for free inorder to make them want to pay money and support the game.

If we remove the common gamer impatince in this department, it actually makes sense. Constructiong a fully functional futuristic biotech exo armor solely based on a blueprient schematics and knowing the needed materials is not an instantaneous process.

If we remove the common gamer impatince in this department, it actually makes sense. Constructiong a fully functional futuristic biotech exo armor solely based on a blueprient schematics and knowing the needed materials is not an instantaneous process.

I am a alien space ninja fighting hordes of cloned space marines, merchant guards, robot bird walkers, and explosive zombies onboard various space stations that I spaceship-hang glided into.

Of all the times I wanted realism, it would NOT be when I'm trying to build cool new items.

There's nothing wrong with the current build times. I just farmed stuff and started another warframe while waiting for my rhino, the 50 free plat you get lets you buy two more warframe slots minimum, or one slot + one reactor.

• 1 month later...

I can kind of get the people that don't like the 3 day wait (Personally I am fine with it), but complaining about a 12-24 hour wait is stupid in my opinion, you can set up something to build when you log off for the day and when you log in the following day it should be done or close to it unless you don't have a job or go to school or anything else and are logged in to the game 24/7.

Honestly I think the build time on a new Warframe is fine, and having to get the required materials isn't too difficult if you farm the map enough times. I do think that making you pay to buy the blueprint and then pay again to build it is a bit much though.

If stuff was built any faster there would be no point in purchasing frames with plat.

Not that there is any currently. The ridiculously high prices for certain frames scare people off and make them want to grind for them instead.

Not that there is any currently. The ridiculously high prices for certain frames scare people off and make them want to grind for them instead.

If it was that bad im sure they would have changed the system a long time ago.

With more frames coming out im sure the prices of some will go down so the new ones become the "expensive" ones.

I'll be forever thankful that playing Eve Online for six years has made something like a three day wait seem like a complete triviality.

Truth, that and you know its not going to get blown out from under you the second you undock it and try to fly it out of Jita.

I get what people are saying. 3+ days feels like a really long time for someting you just grinded for several hours cumulative over about the same length of time. What is hard to see at that point is actually how fast 3rd, 4th, and even 5th frames will start stacking up in the queue. My Ember wasn't even halfway done when I started the Mag and Ash right on its heels. Trinity was getting processed just as the Mag/Ash were getting done. I'm still behind on leveling all of them.

Maybe if DE added a warning along the lines of, "Warning first Warframe construction will appear to take longer then it takes"

Edited by Brasten