Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Prime Joke?

BierWurstGER

Soma Prime should have the stats of the current Soma, and the current Soma should be nerfed considerably.

IMO, all primes, both weaps AND Frames,..(especially Frames)

should all be buffed to reflect the level of the Boltor Prime vs the vanilla Boltor...

all other prime versions are just silly cosmetics compared to the Boltor P.. (again, especially Frames)

Maybe Boltor Prime should be nerfed to bring it more in-line with all the other Primes, instead of all Primes becoming unnecessarily overpowered in general.

Edited by Kappatalist

Why not go the mile with this power creep

Soma > Soma Prime
Impact: 1.0 > 2
Puncture: 4.0 > 8
Slash: 5.0 > 10
Fire Rate: 15 > 20
Crit. Chance: 30.0% > 60.0%
Crit. Multi.: 3.0x > 5x
Magazine: 100 > 200
Capacity: 540 > 800
Reload: 3.0 > 2.0

Accuracy: 28.6 > 100

Punchthrough: 0m > 1m

Area of effect: no > yes (10m cone 100radiation/second + 10m explosion on bullets, dealing 100 blast damage/bullet)

Soma Prime should have the stats of the current Soma, and the current Soma should be nerfed considerably.

Maybe Boltor Prime should be nerfed to bring it more in-line with all the other Primes, instead of all Primes becoming unnecessarily overpowered in general.

Just in case...

pARL8uo.png

The current Soma is fine, i don't see a valid reason to nerf it, also, there is something called end-game, this is the reason weapons like Soma, Boltor P, Synapse, etc were made, if DE nerfed all those end-game weapons, how would you kill those Lvl +50 Corrupted? That even with these end-game weapons it takes some time to kill them.

Edited by DarkLordX2

Why not go the mile with this power creep

Soma > Soma Prime

Impact: 1.0 > 2

Puncture: 4.0 > 8

Slash: 5.0 > 10

Fire Rate: 15 > 20

Crit. Chance: 30.0% > 60.0%

Crit. Multi.: 3.0x > 5x

Magazine: 100 > 200

Capacity: 540 > 800

Reload: 3.0 > 2.0

Accuracy: 28.6 > 100

Punchthrough: 0m > 1m

Area of effect: no > yes (10m cone 100radiation/second + 10m explosion on bullets, dealing 100 blast damage/bullet)

60% Crit chance will never happen.

Too weak, buff dat damage. Minimum 15 base, 35% crit multiplier,  3.5x multiplier and regular clip size.

Maxed Point Strike and you're having the most broken Gun in the game.

I'd say 15% Crit Chance at max.

Buffing damage or magazine size would be the wrong way, imo. Soma is the Crit Gun and the Prime should reflect and ideally augment that.

So I'd vote for a increase in crit chance and crit damage, without increasing base damage.

This way it becomes the Dread/Amprex variant of the rifles. Red crits plz.

I don't get why people ask for more things that will let them steamroll through the game and then complain about powercreep and how bosses/"challenges" are weak/easy. We don't "need" soma prime. Instead of asking for an all improved vanilla soma, it'd be better to ask for a soma that's "different", for example it fires rounds which have a really small explosive aoe on contact and can knock the enemies back, however the damage per shot will be less than of the normal soma, it'd be useful as a CC rifle if your frame happens to lack CC.

Edited by kiteohatto

Seeing as vanilla Soma currently outperforms most other prime weaponry, that might actually make sense.

I think making a prime variant of this thing that can do red crits will just be a terrible idea for balance and variety in the game.

Edited by Dualice

Whats the point of the prime versions then? they are just another cosmetic upgrade,

its just natural progeression, u start with these weaps, (current market weapons) but when u get bettere/higher level, u will be abel to aquire the primed versions. wich will be bettere in all aspects, instead of just a cosmetic upgrade.

Edited by D3ST

Whats the point of the prime versions then? they are just another cosmetic upgrade,

its just natural progeression, u start with these weaps, (current market weapons) but when u get bettere/higher level, u will be abel to aquire the primed versions. wich will be bettere in all aspects, instead of just a cosmetic upgrade.

Here is the problem with "upgraded" weapons though. Ask yourself, what makes the game better:...

-a game that has weapons which are never used again once the prime variant is obtained

OR

-a game that ends up having "double" the arsenal just due to the sheer fact that each weapon and it's "variant" do different things and it's not just a case of upgrading your pickaxe into a mining drill.

Just go 20 base damage cause why not? and straight up get that crit chance to 60 and a 4x multiplier. And status... i don't really care too much for status. Yeah, that's perfect... I like that... now back to reality. Honestly Knot, I think those are some solid stats right now for an ideal soma prime. BUT (and some people may agree with me on this) maybe drop the clip size to 150 instead of 200. It just doesn't seem right at 200 to me.

the stats above are too OP, then thr comes the soma prime time,no one will use boltor prime anymore,coz hitscan and practically 16x more dmg than boltor prime

Here is the problem with "upgraded" weapons though. Ask yourself, what makes the game better:...

-a game that has weapons which are never used again once the prime variant is obtained

OR

-a game that ends up having "double" the arsenal just due to the sheer fact that each weapon and it's "variant" do different things and it's not just a case of upgrading your pickaxe into a mining drill.

I don't see what this whole "Every weapon should be viable" thing is all about. You start the game, you nab some gear when you just start, then you upgrade it later, and ditch what you don't like. Just like very other game. Sure, let's make every weapon endgame material. Base lato? Go @(*()$ murder in T4. Have fun.

IMO, make it harder to get prime stuff. RNG aside, it's fairly easy to get any kind of prime anything, once you hit a MR for it. I think I had Latron Prime, my first prime, peaking MR 2, like a week, maybe two into the game. And that's endgame badassery there.

As for the Soma Prime, red crits plox. Just that would be a significant enough buff, while even the 200 mag bump would be wicked as well. However, such a large mag, plus crazy fire rate, means you're going to be starved for ammo, i promise you. It's hard to keep track of ammo expenditure, and blinking, then suddenly having to reload......You get two full reloads from your ammo pool, so it ends up balancing nicely.

OR

Min-maxers will always find "the best" and the sheoples will flock to it.  Variety isn't REALLY going to happen in this game except across the more extremes of weapon types.  If there was THE shotgun, THE assault rifle, THE sniper rifle, etc, we'd see variety.  Unfortunately, most of this game's "THE" weaponry falls into the assault rifle category, and so people will pick up THE assault rifle of the THE assault rifles.  There is no shotgun that really appeals as THE shotgun.  Bows tend to fill in for THE sniper rifle, but their mechanics can be alienating for some people.

For my part, I really don't care to see the Boltor Prime nerfed, or for a Soma Prime to be powerful enough to dethrone it.  I'd rather see weaker weaponry brought up to par, or new weaponry that's powerful, but gimmicky, even if gimmicky is simple damage distribution, like a low RoF automatic battle rifle that does primarily slash damage and has built in fire damage for example.  Getting tired of every new weapon either being a single element, or some stupid mix of impact/puncture/slash, with one or two of those being in negligible amounts as to might as well not be on the weapon at all except to screw over I/P/S damage mods even harder.  The fire damage justifies it being powerful, but now I'm forced to deal with comboing fire before I can pick up a second basic or advanced element.  

Edited by Littleman88

OR

Imho, i dont really see the diff. from every other game out there, u always progress, and leave stuff behind, never to use it again, when u get better gear. but i guess its just a matter of preference,..

Imho, i dont really see the diff. from every other game out there, u always progress, and leave stuff behind, never to use it again, when u get better gear. but i guess its just a matter of preference,..

This ^

There will be always weapons better than others, that's called game progress.

Min-maxers will always find "the best" and the sheoples will flock to it.  

Not really no. For example, assume we have two rifles, one does 6 dmg with zero crit chance, one does 3 dmg with 50% chance of 4X crit.There really is no OBJECTIVE way to say which of these two rifles are "better". I've consulted this with some of my Risk Management PhD friends and this is what they told me. No objective way, scientifically speaking. 

And this is the way weapon balance should go. 

The best in-game example would be the Latron Prime and Wraith.