Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Augment Mods: Potential P2W?

Valafor

How is that pay to win? This game is literally 99% PVE, you can't pay to win in PVE content. There's no competition, and there's only a small percentage of the playerbase that actually plays PVP. Conclaves are fun, but dark sectors are boring. Even if you had those mods in PVP, it's still more skill based so you could have it and still get your &#! kicked.

Rushing weapons with platinum is pay to win by the OPs standards. Buying a catalyst to put on the weapon you rushed must be pay to win too. These mods are for subpar weapons, and the frames for the mods aren't even that great barring a few of them (my opinion). If you think affinity boosters letting you get rep faster is pay to win, that's just silly. You might as well remove the ability to rush things or buy potatoes or resources, or boosters of any kind because that would be pay to win. These threads really get tiresome. 

Guys, affinity booster EXP doesn't kick in until after the mission is over.

Except it does... whenever you hack, or use a power, the number shown is the XP gained for that one action. The number doubles with an affinity booster. This is proven when you level up an item during a mission.

The rewards given at the end of the mission are also doubled, but those are calculated separately.

How is that pay to win? This game is literally 99% PVE, you can't pay to win in PVE content. There's no competition, and there's only a small percentage of the playerbase that actually plays PVP. Conclaves are fun, but dark sectors are boring. Even if you had those mods in PVP, it's still more skill based so you could have it and still get your @$$ kicked.

Rushing weapons with platinum is pay to win by the OPs standards. Buying a catalyst to put on the weapon you rushed must be pay to win too. These mods are for subpar weapons, and the frames for the mods aren't even that great barring a few of them (my opinion). If you think affinity boosters letting you get rep faster is pay to win, that's just silly. You might as well remove the ability to rush things or buy potatoes or resources, or boosters of any kind because that would be pay to win. These threads really get tiresome. 

The "there is no pay to win in a PVE environment" argument is complete nonsense.  Also, read the thread.  No one cares that your booster is getting you rep faster, we're annoyed at the prospect of the booster increasing your weapon augment aoe gauge at double the rate.

Affinity boosters are supposed to give the player faster progression, not gameplay advantages. 

It's against the spirit of Warframe - at least of what DE has always told us about what they want Warframe to be. 

I don't think it's a conspiracy, rather it's an oversight. 

But we should voice our voicy voices for them to change it's because it IS P2W. 

Pitchforks and oil kegs at the ready. 

Anyone has any trebuchets or ballistas? Those sasquatch-guarded castle doors are hard to break down. 

i have an answer to this question. yes, affinity boosters do help, however i've noticed with my scattered justice mod at least, there is a cool down period before you can even start gaining affinity back into the pool for your next aoe.

i'll have to do some actual testing instead of messing around, but once i get some results i'll post em back here and we'll see what we can hash out.

• 3 weeks later...

Sound argument. But have you thought that maybe if you gain twice the amount of xp, it also goes towards filling the meter of other players in your squad. Eg. When i play with vaykor marelok equipped, other players kill are counted towards my bar and also the kills I get from marelok. So if I in fact get 200xp and the player gets 100xp, maybe it is counted as 300xp for both of us? Haven't tried.

Edited by kurohelios

I'm pretty sure, others don't benefit from my ticket. I think they get a kill count and then calculated affinity seperately for the player.

I have 20 days left for my ticket so I can't test anything at the moment.

How about you guys check whether it's true or not before you argue about it?