Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes Economy

AsuraKyu

Anyone else slightly bothered by the surge of T4 and the amount of damage it can do on the economy with such cheap costing T4 keys getting thrown around? I'm already seeing the signs of decline which are getting worse. The price cuts in maxed common mods, formerly rare prime pieces now also dropping in price due to the sheer numbers being thrown into circulation now. The only things that don't seem to change are items that come solely from survivals because they impose a set time frame, or chance that you may or may not get that item with an RNG based field.

That level of RNG was removed when DE decided to put stackable defense rewards into play, which I am not against I like that they are more rewarding but I also feel by they diluting the drop tables in lieu of this the addition of such cheap T4 keys where they've held most of their most sought after items may have tipped the cup.

The only solution I can see due to the 10x syndicate standing being in place for as long as it has a rollback was out of the question most likely after day 1, and I don't think companies should resort to that anyway. They're going to need to make some more rewarding modes and harder to obtain items to fix this hiccup and depending on how long they let that sit will determine it's impact.

I don't know though maybe i just feel gimped as a result of my time being valued at a lower cost seeing as this game has a good F2P model. Anyone else get that feeling?

biding my time for when its 5p then going to buy all the warframe bits :3

and tier 5 is going to show up some day its how the game works   more powerfull weapons -> higher level enemies -> more powerfull weapons -> higher level enemies....

Edited by dukelego

Anyone else slightly bothered by the surge of T4 and the amount of damage it can do on the economy with such cheap costing T4 keys getting thrown around? I'm already seeing the signs of decline which are getting worse. The price cuts in maxed common mods, formerly rare prime pieces now also dropping in price due to the sheer numbers being thrown into circulation now. The only things that don't seem to change are items that come solely from survivals because they impose a set time frame, or chance that you may or may not get that item with an RNG based field.

That level of RNG was removed when DE decided to put stackable defense rewards into play, which I am not against I like that they are more rewarding but I also feel by they diluting the drop tables in lieu of this the addition of such cheap T4 keys where they've held most of their most sought after items may have tipped the cup.

The only solution I can see due to the 10x syndicate standing being in place for as long as it has a rollback was out of the question most likely after day 1, and I don't think companies should resort to that anyway. They're going to need to make some more rewarding modes and harder to obtain items to fix this hiccup and depending on how long they let that sit will determine it's impact.

I don't know though maybe i just feel gimped as a result of my time being valued at a lower cost seeing as this game has a good F2P model. Anyone else get that feeling?

SHHHHHHHHHH......... 

let me the time to get some first!

Try trading other stuff? Stance mods are still in high demand, as are rare prime parts. 

Stance mods for me are very high in time that's consumed and much less of a reward. As for the rare prime parts that's exactly what this post is aimed towards. eg. Bo Prime handle is a typical high seller, yet within just a weeks time I've seen the amount of sellers triple at the least and buyers are becoming few which would most signify a reduce in demand and that will ultimately reduce the price.

@dukelego You're obviously someone who understands marketing/economics and it's people like you I'm trying to avoid actually lol

what economy? the only things you can sell high are (sometimes) arcane helmets and then super legendary rare mods.

and maybe the latest prime frame everything else comes out to about 5-20p

Well I'm not entirely sure how that means we don't have an economy since bartering is kind of the whole idea behind that but as someone like myself who would live in a T4S for example. The game plan would typically be Get cores. Rank 10 a mod. Sell for good bulk profit.

As of recent these same sales have dropped by over 1/3 in prices in a week. That pretty huge not only for me as a seller, but also the economy, and believe it or not, DE. This was partially due to interception being the only way to get T4 Keys leaving them in limited supply thus driving their prices up higher by default. Such is no longer the case.

Well I'm not entirely sure how that means we don't have an economy since bartering is kind of the whole idea behind that but as someone like myself who would live in a T4S for example. The game plan would typically be Get cores. Rank 10 a mod. Sell for good bulk profit.

As of recent these same sales have dropped by over 1/3 in prices in a week. That pretty huge not only for me as a seller, but also the economy, and believe it or not, DE. This was partially due to interception being the only way to get T4 Keys leaving them in limited supply thus driving their prices up higher by default. Such is no longer the case.

So your upset that there are more keys in circulation or upset that it is chewing into your bottom line?  Because it sounds more like the latter from this post.

So basically "DE stop giving players the ability to play for gear, because then I can't sell them my farmed gear and stay space rich".

Hmmm ... no. I'd rather have players having fun "obtaining" things, then having them ripped off on many occasions, and having a negative experience.

So your upset that there are more keys in circulation or upset that it is chewing into your bottom line?  Because it sounds more like the latter from this post.

My "bottom line" would be my wallet and I have no problem supporting DE so no it's not chewing into my bottom line Key farming also gave me something to do. This isn't me complaining because I no longer have the ability to make platinum because that just isn't the case. Speaking from experience and watching the same thing happen through other games and ultimately lost them very many players and a lot of money too. Why buy more platinum when I can just go get it myself. My brother being one of those people being Pay2NotWait is more money in DE's pocket. If cosmetics are their sole incentive for revenue, which after severe enough sales impacts, will be the case that affects everyone.

So basically "DE stop giving players the ability to play for gear, because then I can't sell them my farmed gear and stay space rich".

Hmmm ... no. I'd rather have players having fun "obtaining" things, then having them ripped off on many occasions, and having a negative experience.

They didn't give them the ability to play for gear if it was already there in the first place? They've had the option and those who would go out and earn it would reap the rewards which is how games should be run. If you put in the time then you're equally or at least justifiably rewarded. With the T4 keys from syndicates this is in no way the case. They're not even sought after now which takes away from the rarity in a game which is based around bragging rights. As for playing getting ripped off. How hard is it to do your research? This is my 3rd month playing with around 1,300 hours played I've made around 3000+ platinum without spending a dime on this game. Also just because they're flooding the markets doesn't make people intentions any more righteous, if you're naive you'll have been ripped off regardless.

Furthermore, bartering is a very fun experience of Warframe for me and I'm sure some others but if it's just going to be a waste of time, why bother? Playing without the the reward of your work is kind of pointless in a game like this in my opinion. You have it? Well so does everyone else. That's just feels like a huge let down to me

My "bottom line" would be my wallet and I have no problem supporting DE so no it's not chewing into my bottom line Key farming also gave me something to do. This isn't me complaining because I no longer have the ability to make platinum because that just isn't the case. Speaking from experience and watching the same thing happen through other games and ultimately lost them very many players and a lot of money too. Why buy more platinum when I can just go get it myself. My brother being one of those people being Pay2NotWait is more money in DE's pocket. If cosmetics are their sole incentive for revenue, which after severe enough sales impacts, will be the case that affects everyone.

They didn't give them the ability to play for gear if it was already there in the first place? They've had the option and those who would go out and earn it would reap the rewards which is how games should be run. If you put in the time then you're equally or at least justifiably rewarded. With the T4 keys from syndicates this is in no way the case. They're not even sought after now which takes away from the rarity in a game which is based around bragging rights. As for playing getting ripped off. How hard is it to do your research? This is my 3rd month playing with around 1,300 hours played I've made around 3000+ platinum without spending a dime on this game. Also just because they're flooding the markets doesn't make people intentions any more righteous, if you're naive you'll have been ripped off regardless.

Furthermore, bartering is a very fun experience of Warframe for me and I'm sure some others but if it's just going to be a waste of time, why bother? Playing without the the reward of your work is kind of pointless in a game like this in my opinion. You have it? Well so does everyone else. That's just feels like a huge let down to me

"My bottom line would be my wallet and I have no problem supporting DE"

"This is my 3rd month playing with around 1,300 hours played I've made around 3000+ platinum without spending a dime on this game."

What?

"My bottom line would be my wallet and I have no problem supporting DE"

"This is my 3rd month playing with around 1,300 hours played I've made around 3000+ platinum without spending a dime on this game."

What?

I haven't had to spend money on this game. However, I have no problem doing it if that's what it came too. Hence it being my bottom line no other options. You know when making platinum without spending money isn't worth the effort anymore? That's the point I'm trying to make here which I guess you missed