Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Feline Frame, Ideas And Concepts! (Thanks Derebecca For The Idea <3)

EclipsedHusky

Nicocat, on 26 Apr 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

While I would obviously like this, I'd have to agree that it makes no sense in the Warframe universe. Especially going so far as to give the thing a tail, that wouldn't serve any real purpose. Now, granted, many Warframes are already sleek and slender (see: Mag), so I could see giving a new one some animalistic features, like a helmet that roughly resembles a panther head or something. But this is a little too far.

So many closet furries in this thread.  And the real one telling people this isn't smart~

Maybe you haven't noticed, but giving Warframes animalistic features is CERTAINLY not past their current design direction, rather spot on.

All the Warframes unify vague animalistic features with beetle-like shells and classical & cultural clothing.

So cat-frame... super spot on, if done right.

(Plus, who says you're the only furry around here, I'm pretty sure there's plenty. They're everywhere.)

Edited by Sherbniz

Maybe you haven't noticed, but giving Warframes animalistic features is CERTAINLY not past their current design direction, rather spot on.

All the Warframes unify vague animalistic features with beetle-like shells and classical & cultural clothing.

So cat-frame... super spot on, if done right.

I also noticed everyone suggesting it be heavily feline.  With very feline abilities and whatnot.  It's not that it just looks kinda cat-like, it would be a cat.  I'm trying to steer things away from that level.  It just wouldn't fit.

I also noticed everyone suggesting it be heavily feline.  With very feline abilities and whatnot.  It's not that it just looks kinda cat-like, it would be a cat.  I'm trying to steer things away from that level.  It just wouldn't fit.

And what about Rhino eh? RHINO CHARGE! RHINO STOMP! Abilities are just that and simply named something akin to what the frame is based on.

Where as with the feline features heck if this gets anywhere in DE's hands that is completely up to them.

So far fan made we have:

Drifter11's

cat_frame_web.jpg

Edited by BobBoberson

how about this?

catwarframe_by_office_space-d63fq57.png

This with Helmet 1 fits the game very well! I would like to see a more finished version to decide, but maybe a tail that's not long and in the way, and claws that are visible. Something closer to a Tiger or Lynx rather than a kitten would be fine.

But really, there needs to be more animal-based frames. Rhino....Praying Mantis? Crane? Eagle? Bear? Snake?

All of those would make good frame ideas! It would be nice to have another animal frame even if it's something crazy like a Sloth. lol

This with Helmet 1 fits the game very well! I would like to see a more finished version to decide, but maybe a tail that's not long and in the way, and claws that are visible. Something closer to a Tiger or Lynx rather than a kitten would be fine.

But really, there needs to be more animal-based frames. Rhino....Praying Mantis? Crane? Eagle? Bear? Snake?

All of those would make good frame ideas! It would be nice to have another animal frame even if it's something crazy like a Sloth. lol

catwarframeconcept_by_office_space-d6450

hmmm.. I thought what we really want here is a Lotus Frame + a Cat Sentinel.

But despite not aligning with the goal, I find the Cat Frame concept art quite nice, though for ability wise, there doesn't seem to be a strong basis.

THE LOTUS wants the CatFrame so it is win win :D Also she (DERebecca) apparently asks for CatFrame every day(As said by DE_Steve this night)

I have asked DE_Scinbed to copy these pictures and post them all about Mynki's office some day. :D

ability:

Kitty Pose:

The Cat Frame will tilt her head slightly and let out a soft mew so adorable that enemies be mersmerized and will stop attacking totally.

THE LOTUS wants the CatFrame so it is win win :D Also she (DERebecca) apparently asks for CatFrame every day(As said by DE_Steve this night)

I have asked DE_Scinbed to copy these pictures and post them all about Mynki's office some day. :D

hmm you're right.. that;s what she wants.

What WE may want however is to prove that Lotus is evil when she shows up in a Lotus Frame with a Cat Sentinel :)

We should have both (Cat frame AND Lotus frame + Cat Sentinel... start another thread to gather fan art?)

Edited by smithf

Woooah, I never thought I'd see the day where gamers came together and proposed introducing anthropomorphic, feline females to their games! Never, not in a million years.

Originality: you guys gots it.

So pat yourselves on the back, guys. You've attempted to have the world of games h0mogenized even further! Yeah!

(apparently, the 'homo' in hom0genized is inappropriate)

Edited by Breux

I'd like to see 'Claws' implemented into 'Reflexes'; simply give reflexes also a buff to melee attack speed. - very simple to code, then you don't have to add a whole new melee animation and model change.

3 is impossible to do, better to implement a increased damage done to the target rather than negate armor. Most mobs dont have armor anyways. Work it like a larger area on the target but less powerful single target Sonar. Make it a heavily damaging ability as well; sorta a single target nuke with a lingering damage amp.

I like the ulti idea, but would be an incredible challenge to implement, and would probably end up nearly useless due to AI problems. Would rather see '9 lives' not as an ulti, but as a way to 'gift' an extra life as a revive to a teammate/your sentinel/yourself??.

A 5 or 10 energy cost ability that gave you instant 100% Handspring for 2 seconds would fit really well. 'Surefooted' or some such.

Can't think of a suitable ulti off the top of my head tho.

• 1 month later...

this should be made real

Drifter11 was going to make a 3d model of his concepts but alas he has kinda poofed D:

Also from what I know from talking to Steve, he seems to be the only one kind of against a feline frame...But that may not be the issue since he mostly groans about Rebecca asking about it every day from what he says.

I see what you mean, and It sounds stupid. Cats don't fit in Warframe.

However, I like the idea and you could broaden the idea to a wild/berserker melee based frame.

And I think it is stupid you think it would not fit. That is how opinions work dude.

Anything could fit as a frame. We have Rhino do we not?

As for the male/female thing. Again opinions, I would much rather it be female. If DE ever decided to do a feline frame its up to them on gender.