Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get The Option To Vote For The Theme Of The Next Warframe?

Mak_Gohae

But they do.

I was checking some random threads in Fan Art subforums, and there was one with pictures of every frame, side by side. You can clearly see that original 10 have more simple and sleek design, while never ones have more details and are a bit more flashy.

The new gunslinger uses all flat and smooth surfaces. Mirage is no less sleek than Ember or Ash.

Not seeing it.

But they do.

I was checking some random threads in Fan Art subforums, and there was one with pictures of every frame, side by side. You can clearly see that original 10 have more simple and sleek design, while never ones have more details and are a bit more flashy.

I believe the term is "dangily bits"

Which is something the staff deliberately do, as with zephyr, Hydroid and limbo, they always mention dangily bits.

As for the usual "Frames don't fit the lore".

Limbo and Mirage actually have Lore behind them, so i find that reasoning hypocritical. It's cool if you don't like the design, i don't like mirage that much but i love limbo. But let's keep it at aesthetic tastes

For the love the orokin! 

Did we even have lore for the past frame design? No.

Does it really matter? No.

What appears silly to you seem logic to MOST OF US

I seriously hope the next frame will be a princess with a pink dress.(I'm dead serious, vote for it please.)

We didnt need lore for the previous set because they all seem to be fairly similar in tone.

The first group did not include a rapper, a mime, a violinist, and a biker.

If this was the tone set originally i would have no problem with what is going on now.

If they cant create new concepts without everything "looking like Excalibur" then they should hire new artist. They have the money for it now.

*slaps Mak for using horrible movie/book reference for this*

That was the point.

That's where we are at now.

The last time Players got to make a Warframe, Nova happened.

it took a year to nerf Nova down to an acceptable range.

Please, DE, never let players make a frame again...

How the powers work had NOTHING to do with what was voted on by the players.

That was all on DE's part.

I'm almost positive this tone shift exists only in your head. The new frames don't seem to be at all outside the established asthetic.

Sorry but before this last lot we didnt have random generic stereotypes that were super obvious. 

Edited by Mak_Gohae

I'd like to have a community theme pick frame, but I just know it will end up as something like:

bodyisreadyframe

dogeframe

trollframe 

Superhaxxorz1337frame 

hypeframe

I'll stick with DE's brand of creativity, thank you. 

And Typhus.

I hope we never get typhus.

That's right, i said it.

How the powers work had NOTHING to do with what was voted on by the players.

That was all on DE's part.

Nope.jpg

We all voted on which powers were to be implemented, and her abilities stayed exactly the same from what her fan-concept was.

Edited by Sitchrea

+1 OP

just for the sass alone

but ya, others have already said it, we need to see Typhus and the Dragon

additionally the Oni-frame by IgnusDei who did the Luke gunslinger frame looks pretty cool

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/119760-oni-warframe/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/123870-gunslinger-warframe-concept-with-art-by-ignusdei/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176524-warframe-concept-typhus-parasiteviral-samurai/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37089-a-warframe-concept-the-dragon-20-%E2%80%94-archwing-art-update-8182014/

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

We have way more than enough frames.

I'd like it if DE spent more time making the existing ones unique.

• Add unique passives like Mirage's and Zephyr's

• Add quests to obtain them

• Add new, high-quality skins, like Proto-Excal

• Add more augment mods for gameplay customization

• Add more unique syandana like Mortos

We have way more than enough frames.

I'd like it if DE spent more time making the existing ones unique.

• [/size]Add unique passives like Mirage's and Zephyr's

• [/size]Add quests to obtain them

• [/size]Add new, high-quality skins, like Proto-Excal

• [/size]Add more augment mods for gameplay customization

• [/size]Add more unique syandana like Mortos

Wait, Mirage has a passive? This is the first I'm hearing about it...

Didn't something similar to this happen a while ago? I believe Nova was a result of this, and the eventual earth-themed frame is supposed to happen in the future.

DE consider Oberon to be the earth frame so yeah...

I wouldn't be to against the DC getting to vote on the next frame theme. 

We didnt need lore for the previous set because they all seem to be fairly similar in tone.

The first group did not include a rapper, a mime, a violinist, and a biker.

If this was the tone set originally i would have no problem with what is going on now.

If they cant create new concepts without everything "looking like Excalibur" then they should hire new artist. They have the money for it now.

I would suggest you to apply. I'm sure you could make a fine designer. /sarcasm

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that thread could be resumed as ''I don't like the design of the current frames, neither should you''.

We had a shark, a chicken,a scorpion,a guy with a freaking train head,a DJ(mag if you didn't get it),a rhino and now frame design shock you?

Please...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that thread could be resumed as ''I don't like the design of the current frames, neither should you''.

We had a shark, a chicken,a scorpion,a guy with a freaking train head,a DJ(mag if you didn't get it),a rhino and now frame design shock you?

Please...

Well, they were special in their own way. Appealing even. DE is steering off the basic design and making more complicated frames ( for the better or worse, is in the eye of onlooker ).

There is distinct difference between older frames design details and new one details.

Well, they were special in their own way. Appealing even. DE is steering off the basic design and making more complicated frames ( for the better or worse, is in the eye of onlooker ).

There is distinct difference between older frames design details and new one details.

I agree with this, but the OP try to make it sound like WW3 is declared by DE.

Please...

I know right? All these hyprocrites complaining about a hat being ridiculous yet they completely ignore the DJ girl with the headphones and the bok bok fire chicken lady. Also, the french beret wearing frame with the vest.

Not saying that we should like everything but trying to justify an opinion by claiming how ridiculous one design is but ignoring how ridiculous their favored designs are as well is hypocritical. 

Edited by EetNotErn

I know right? All these hyprocrites complaining about a hat being ridiculous yet they completely ignore the DJ girl with the headphones and the bok bok fire chicken lady. 

Not saying that we should like everything but trying to justify an opinion by claiming how ridiculous one design is but ignoring how ridiculous their favored designs are as well is hypocritical. 

I think its not cosmetic design that bothers Mak, its the base design of frames. Base concept to say.

As you say bok bok fire chicken is hilarious, and i must agree with you. Her cosmetics are off, but i like them. What is important here that her basic design was good because she was designed as fire mage.

Problem might be in DE wanting to create more complicated basic designs, while forgetting that simpler ones are working just fine.