Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem With Walls: Mesa Is Grindwall, Waitwall, Rng Wall

BoomyGordo

Hochstepanzerjager, on 28 Nov 2014 - 8:55 PM, said:

I hear a lot of people in this thread complaining there's no bosses for Eris or Earth. Well, there's a simple solution to that.

Put the Grustrag 3 as the boss of Earth, and the Zanuka Hunter as Boss of Eris.

It would allow people to be able to farm them a bit for Brakk and Detron, and it would be nice to be able to take the fight to them for once. You could still use them as Mark Hunters, it would just add to the ability to see them on a more regular basis.

1: That defeats the entire point of hunters.

2: Why would Harvester, a Corpus boss, be fought in Eris, an Infested system?

I actually played the new alad mission once just to kill him once but i looked up the stats and abilities of the new frame and it doesn't worth this much time investment and grind but im not buying either because then i would justify these horrible design decisions.

*tinfoilhats*

PWE..... hide content behind extreme grind and wait and rng walls -  make people buy them from store instead.

And I suppose PWE created the void key system and the derelict key system and the Vay Hek key system and the kubrow system face it this is 100% DE's idea they just pushed the edge of how much grinding they can make people do a little too far this time.

*tinfoilhats*

PWE..... hide content behind extreme grind and wait and rng walls -  make people buy them from store instead.

No. That isn't PWE's style.

PWE doesn't allow you to get any of these things without real money, and if they did allow you to get these things without paying, you can only rent it for 3 days.

EDIT: Also all non premium cosmetics are lockboxes that you have to buy keys for and is completely random what you get.

Edited by The_Aoi_Effect

Enough about PWE, that's not the main subject.  What we need to discuss more about is why DE did this, why it's wrong, and what are some ideas to fix this.

I honestly think that Rotten V should be put on the infested planet instead of this cruddy invasion beacon stuff that's causing all this uproar.

Edited by hijinks_the_turtle

Enough about PWE, that's not the main subject.  What we need to discuss more about is why DE did this, why it's wrong, and what are some ideas to fix this.

I honestly think that Rotten V should be put on the infested planet instead of this cruddy invasion beacon stuff that's causing all this uproar.

this. two days in a row now i have missed all cords simply because i have a life and cant be on warframe all day. Why am i being punished for not playing warframe 24/7?

OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS SINCE I STARTED THE GRIND!

I just played my key (Alad V mission is so good) and I was lucky enough to have anther teammate with a key and he used that, to witch at this made me obtain 2 of the parts.

But YES, it's like Hyroid all over again. But only this time you're depent on SO many things. When is the Infested outbreak going to start? Will I get screwed over if I don't get all the missions in time? Will I get the part I need on the next mission? So much stress on this one frame. And I don't really want to do it. 

Freaking Hydroid took me 4 months to get. 4 MONTHS! Thats too long for a frame all because of RNG. 

I love you DE, but why did youu stray from the quest approach, when it came to get new frames? I'd rather wait entire week to get a new frame then coutless days for one. I really hope they fix this soon.

At least make the nav Cordantes a common or rare drop in the drop tables.

Yes, because the monthly fees you pay to play this game gives you the right to question decisions made by the company whose free game you are playing.

Oh wait ...

When you are getting handed free stuff, and you don't like it? Negative constructive criticism only goes so far, then someone should tell you "go play something else".

I've spent plenty of money on this game in the past, partially on the basis that my money would be used to further development of the game in a way that was customer friendly. I've spent around 200 bucks on this game. I'm also a founder. I've also put over a thousand hours into the game, which also has monetary value as many dying MMO's that have gone F2P have realized.

I damn well have the right to question decisions the developer makes, and exercise that right freely and often. DE encourages us to voice our opinions, as they have stated many times in the past. If you don't like how DE works with the community to develop their game, maybe YOU should go somewhere else.

I mean right now I feel bashed in the face everytime a new prime frame comes out because they are so horribly hard to get that it hurts. Same for eltyron or the archwing weapons, needed about 100 runs (no sheer exaggeration, im serious) on mars to get that velocitus.

Yeah it's gotten to the point where I just stoped playing archwing missions.

1: That defeats the entire point of hunters.

2: Why would Harvester, a Corpus boss, be fought in Eris, an Infested system?

1.) No it wouldn't, because I never suggested they be removed as Hunters. I believe they could do both. I see it as no worse an idea than seeing Vor 3 different times in game. I also see it as no worse an idea than using a Tenno as the Assassin for the Infested, especially since Phorid and Lephantis both exist in game. Nevermind that we see Alad twice now with him being the boss of Eris now. I'd rather see different bosses for the planets than the same ones on multiple planets.

2.) I would think with the current story line of Patient Zero, and the back story of the Zanuka Project, that that would be obvious. The tie in is Alad V, who is now apparently boss of Eris in his mutalist form. Switch him out for the Zanuka Hunter and we're good. :)

I was seriously hyped for this update, Mesa was a frame I was looking forward to plus new archwing weapons. But that enthusiasm quickly disappeared when I saw that I had no real control over getting Mesa myself, and then when I saw the archwing weapons are on nodes already with other archwing weapons on them (and after like 25 runs and getting not a single new part) I went to bed dissapointed. Think this is the first time I've been genuinely dissapointed with an update.

These last few updates has had so much Hype but where quckly crushed, because grind.

Frankly i dont mind the mutalist nav farming, my only issue is that they shouldnt drop as goddamn battlepay.

It would be better if you get navs upon completing 1 invasion mission, complete 3 missions get battlepay and 3 navs for 1 key.

That would actually make invasions worth doing besides the fieldron/mutagen mass/detonite ( we all know that timesink goes nowhere)

Frankly i dont mind the mutalist nav farming, my only issue is that they shouldnt drop as goddamn battlepay.

It would be better if you get navs upon completing 1 invasion mission, complete 3 missions get battlepay and 3 navs for 1 key.

That would actually make invasions worth doing besides the fieldron/mutagen mass/detonite ( we all know that timesink goes nowhere)

Fieldrons, Detonites, and Mutagens are worth chasing after; as I've built numerous weapons that way. Probably half my arsenal was built chasing outbreak battle pay.

The only complaint I have about it is the what these weapons require to be built, especially the formas and Orokin cells. No weapon should ever need more than one, unlike Synapse, which not only requires two formas but 7 Mutagens, yet Brakk and Detron, requires none of the above, except the orokin cells, which they require 10 each. That's a bit ridiculous, and besides, it would make more sense if Detron used Fieldrons in place of a few of those Orokins, with the same going for Brakk and Detonites

Alright, now don't crucify me here, but I actually like the grind to get Mesa. And yes, I enjoyed the grind/RNG/wait-wall with Hydroid/Limbo/Mirage/Vauban. Progressively working toward a goal makes it so much more satisfying when you actually achieve it IN MY OPINION AND EXPERIENCE. I understand that she's shiny and new and you want her now, but I've found that when new frames that were released were easy to get in the past, I farmed the parts, had the frame ready to go within 4 days, and 2 hours after claiming it from foundry had it rank 30, twice forma'd, potatoed, and rarely ever played again. This happened with Oberon when he was on Earth. It happened with Valkyr and Nekros too(to be clear, these are all great frames and I now play them regularly, but originally I had used them as mastery fodder). I guess I don't enjoy playing a new frame as much if I don't feel a sense of accomplishment for earning it. Grinding out the required oxium to research and build Zephyr, on the other hand, made my experience with her much more enjoyable. I remember my first few rounds playing as Zephyr and Hydroid were like "holy hell, these frames are awesome!" coupled with that sense of accomplishment from grinding out the requirements. It's kind of like going to the gym, you set a goal like "I'm going to squat 185 pounds" and then, a month or two down the road, you crush 185 pounds for 3 sets of 8 and you feel like you rule the universe. For me, delaying gratification for that kind of payoff is totally worth it, even if there is an easier option available.

I understand that my experience is nowhere near universal among players, and from what I've seen from both chatter ingame and forums posts such as this, that I am likely in a laughably small minority, but I just wanted to get my take out there. You are all entitled to your opinions, and I'm happy you're being vocal about what you take issue with (as long as you're doing it in a constructive and non-inflammatory manner haha). Maybe some tweaks and changes do need to be made. If so, I'm confident DE will take the appropriate measures, as they are one of the best Game Development Studios when it comes to listening to player feedback.

@DrMeowmix

I see your angle. I personally loved the grind for Zephyr as well. Back when Baal was the hotspot for Oxium I had like...NO oxium left.

But the thing is though what I don't like: you can't grind for it.

The game is a grind...but a fun grind. This? It's just begging RNGesus to be online and have an outbreak with a coordinate. Hydroid is a pain to grind as well but there's the key word: grind. You can't grind for Mesa easily. Our team's got 3 keys as of yet and we'll probably get more and then use em all at once but...it would be better if you could get to Salad V more easily then to play the waiting game(AND have the whole team online. My guys are not always online...or there are times when I'm not online and coordiantes appear).

Hochstepanzerjager, on 29 Nov 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

1.) No it wouldn't, because I never suggested they be removed as Hunters. I believe they could do both. I see it as no worse an idea than seeing Vor 3 different times in game. I also see it as no worse an idea than using a Tenno as the Assassin for the Infested, especially since Phorid and Lephantis both exist in game. Nevermind that we see Alad twice now with him being the boss of Eris now. I'd rather see different bosses for the planets than the same ones on multiple planets.

The point of hunters is that they are a high-risk high-reward RANDOM encounter. Having them in a position where they will be guaranteed to appear, with their loot tables intact, removes their raison d'etre.

Either way, this is off-topic.

Alright, now don't crucify me here, but I actually like the grind to get Mesa. And yes, I enjoyed the grind/RNG/wait-wall with Hydroid/Limbo/Mirage/Vauban. Progressively working toward a goal makes it so much more satisfying when you actually achieve it IN MY OPINION AND EXPERIENCE. I understand that she's shiny and new and you want her now, but I've found that when new frames that were released were easy to get in the past, I farmed the parts, had the frame ready to go within 4 days, and 2 hours after claiming it from foundry had it rank 30, twice forma'd, potatoed, and rarely ever played again. This happened with Oberon when he was on Earth. It happened with Valkyr and Nekros too(to be clear, these are all great frames and I now play them regularly, but originally I had used them as mastery fodder). I guess I don't enjoy playing a new frame as much if I don't feel a sense of accomplishment for earning it. Grinding out the required oxium to research and build Zephyr, on the other hand, made my experience with her much more enjoyable. I remember my first few rounds playing as Zephyr and Hydroid were like "holy hell, these frames are awesome!" coupled with that sense of accomplishment from grinding out the requirements. It's kind of like going to the gym, you set a goal like "I'm going to squat 185 pounds" and then, a month or two down the road, you crush 185 pounds for 3 sets of 8 and you feel like you rule the universe. For me, delaying gratification for that kind of payoff is totally worth it, even if there is an easier option available.

I understand that my experience is nowhere near universal among players, and from what I've seen from both chatter ingame and forums posts such as this, that I am likely in a laughably small minority, but I just wanted to get my take out there. You are all entitled to your opinions, and I'm happy you're being vocal about what you take issue with (as long as you're doing it in a constructive and non-inflammatory manner haha). Maybe some tweaks and changes do need to be made. If so, I'm confident DE will take the appropriate measures, as they are one of the best Game Development Studios when it comes to listening to player feedback.

I dont mind grind when there is quantifiable progress to be seen. If you play/played runescape and ever went for a skill cape (had to get level 99 in a skill) you know what it means to grind and see progress. To get to level 99 from 98 you needed more experience than it took to get to level 95 in the first place. Worth it in the end? yes. its an amasing acomplishment and you get to feel good about it.

But what Weissseher said is true. this isn't a grind, its luck or persistance. You either get lucky enough to be able to be on the game when the alearts start or you stay on all day to be on when the start. I personally have gotten neither and as a result i will more than likely have to leech runs off of others provided i dont have to have the key my self to do the run.  There is no progress to be seen other than "yay i was lucky enough to be on when it happened"  To put it in perspective it would be like if in WoW there was a shop that would randomly spawn a new legendary just on the ground for anyone to grab. The only way to get this legendary is if you are online and at that shop when it spawns and then have the luck to click it before anyone else. Or you could just shell out money to buy it. That would p-i-s-s alot of people off as it is doing here.

EDIT: spaced out the word p-i-s-s because censor considers it a curse for some odd reason

Edited by --Strider-Hiryu--