The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Math

Llyssa

well, hydroid with low beacon drop rate was harder in the first weeks ... mesa will be slower, cause it's tied to invasions, but i dont think it's harder

Not so sure on that. A skilled team could easily get a full beacon out of a single mission--sometimes two or three.(Survival with a nekros, lasting about 25 minutes).

I am all three of those. I'm fine with how hard it is to obtain her

Some people are, but my two cents in is that if it has be to be so time consuming and tedious (not to mention repetitive) to build a frame, it better be worth it.

Edited by R34LM

Isn't the key reusable since it's a quest?

Nobody knows, as you need 3 alad navs, and they only come from invasions, and there's only been 1 invasion that offers it so far, and that invasion isn't over with yet.

So we'll likely know within the next week or so, but so far so good, the dojo key is the only reusable key.

She is, mathematically, the single most-difficult frame to get in the entire game. By miles.

Harder to acquire than any other obtainable frame.Harder than any regular frame, harder than any special frame, harder than any prime....

And, quite frankly, harder than most(or all!) of the other frames combined.

For as much effort as that is, she should be some serious god tier power player. That is not the interpretation I've gotten so far.

U7 Banshee was just as bad.

Since the changes to boss drops, I've never needed more than 10 runs.

U7 Banshee had 5% 5% and 2% drop rates for her parts, putting the average runs needed somewhere around 90 or so.

Things were made easier eventually with defense drops changing so that her helmet had more than one chance per game to show up.

Maybe DE are aiming at having her as a long term goal?

I do agree that it is a bit much, but it isn't unheard of.

Not so sure on that. A skilled team could easily get a full beacon out of a single mission--sometimes two or three.(Survival with a nekros, lasting about 25 minutes).

This is accurate. It wasn't difficult to farm up the keys at first so long as you brought extra Nekros at the launch since each body part would desecrate separately if you slashed them to ribbons

Nooo please tell me it's not true 

I don't want to go back to the dark days of RNGrindtime walls for a single Warframe... the Quest System was already really good. 

pfffft it took me 500 runs to get ember back in the day. im glad for this

5995232280_a5ef4d23b0_b.jpg

NOW FEEL MY PAIN!!!

nah but cereal tho, there should at least be another way of obtaining these dam aladv navs because this is just silly getting 1 from 3 missions on an invasion alert. if i have to do 9 missions in order to obtain 3 coordinates then yeah im just going to leave it a while. hell i still dont have limbo because how jacked up arcwing was so i just never bothered.

Edited by DiBBz

U7 Banshee was just as bad.

Since the changes to boss drops, I've never needed more than 10 runs.

U7 Banshee had 5% 5% and 2% drop rates for her parts, putting the average runs needed somewhere around 90 or so.

Things were made easier eventually with defense drops changing so that her helmet had more than one chance per game to show up.

Maybe DE are aiming at having her as a long term goal?

I do agree that it is a bit much, but it isn't unheard of.

...and U8 featured the dojos requiring prices that make the current mountain clan costs look cheap. That was when DE had absolutely no idea what they were doing, so they winged it and waited to see how we reacted.

Has it been confirmed that one is the max amount that one alert can give?

Some might give 2 or 3, like with fieldrons and such

So far so good, the very first one was on a planet that gives (as of this update) double value on all invasion drops.

You get exactly 1 nav coord from it. So it apparently does not double.

If it did, that would make it somewhere closer to the realm of sanity, but still a tad eyebrow raising on the level of investment--particularly when you remember this comes from a quest where you had to do a series of 5 intro missions to even get the blueprint. Limbo was only 5 missions total.

They still have phases like that

Yes. So, this is me reacting, and my reaction is "What in the ever loving void is this?"

She is, mathematically, the single most-difficult frame to get in the entire game. By miles.

Harder to acquire than any other obtainable frame.Harder than any regular frame, harder than any special frame, harder than any prime....

And, quite frankly, harder than most(or all!) of the other frames combined.

For as much effort as that is, she should be some serious god tier power player. That is not the interpretation I've gotten so far.

had a quick glance through her abilities via the warframe youtube clip and it's.. not that great. I love the design but (concept art much hype) I get the feeling that one could have obtained more shenanigans out of the whole gunslinger theme (i.e get more utility out of those forearm guns by having them fire exploding or piercing energy bolts that cost x energy per shot fired)...  

Will probably just purchase outright in a month or so or whenever 75% plat discount drops. 

...I liked Obe back then. Actually had my playtime split between just him and nekros until we got zephyr.

He was a solid frame before his changes, but at the time the winning factor was "Trinity is still better". This was, of course, before her changes too.

what DE did makes perfect sense people. put Mesa behind a huge RNG grind wall so people will get fed up trying to get her and just buy her...christmas is coming and they need the extra money

actually, most people trade for plat. The big cash cows are the prime access packs(that's why they keep churning them out) and the steam bundles(those go on sale every 3 months or so, which suggests it's a lucrative option for them every time it's done).

He was a solid frame before his changes, but at the time the winning factor was "Trinity is still better". This was, of course, before her changes too.

Meh. I used him quite offensively--lots of smite and reckoning, with a smattering of strategic HG. I mainly used renewal to track where the squad had gone(following the sparklies).

my thoughts on this system some you forgot

no just no. the way you get mesa right now is absolutely horrible.

reason one: infestation outbreaks happen because of RNG. ALSO who knows where you will be when these out breaks happen.

reason two: the number of nav keys per outbreak is also random 

reason three: The key takes one hour to build( kinda like the necros OD keys that came out with him, but they eventually changed because of the hate)

reason four: THE ALAD V NAV COORDINATE OUTBREAK NODES GET SHREDED. the moment they get deployed we as a community DESTROY THEM. simply saying you might be on the 2nd mission one away from the nov coord THEN BAM YOU GET OUT OF MISSION AND THE OUTBREAK HAS BEEN ERADICATED.

reason four: GO BACK UP TO REASON ONE THEN KEEP GOING UP THE LIST. CAUSE ONCE YOU BUILD THAT KEY YOU ONLY GET ONE RUN THEN ITS GONE. ALSO THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOU WILL GET THE PART OF MESA YOU WANT MEANING YOU MIGHT HAVE TO DO THIS WHOLE PROCESS ABOUT 11 TIMES.

reason five: be honest. the warframe schedule and you'r schedule NEVER EVER MATCH. meaning you are going to miss a lot of the outbreaks just like you miss EVERY SINGLE VAUBAN ALERT( from other players perspective i have all warframes)