The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.9.0: The Glaive

[DE]Rebecca

Kind of put off that there is no Glaive BP in the shop, only an option to buy it via plat. Though I got access to it by that way, some of my friends will have to wait for the RNG gods to drop an alert mission with the correct BP reward during a time window they have actual access to the game. Not a great move in my opinion

Shotguns also seem a bit overnerfed, they surly were overperforming pre-patch. Especially the HEK with its tight spread. But now they're basically useless unless you're almost in melee range. I hope this gets adjusted in the coming days, as the damage level the shotguns produce can be archived at those ranges with melee weapons, only without having to waste ammo or a primary slot for them.

Same for the Gorgon, which never was a favorite of mine and only got used from time to time if i felt like using something 'exotic', but now it has pretty much no redeeming qualities. It just throws bullets randomly down the hallway with abysmal accuracy, no matter if you aim with it, fire it from the hip, squeeze out a single shot or go full-rambo.

I realy like the sounds though, and the expansion of the dismemberment system, especially in combination with my new 'Glaive'.

I really hope they revert the Gorgon back to its former state. It used to be a pretty unique gun and fun to use, as it stands now I will probably never use it again. Can't really comment about shotguns as I havent used them recently, but from what I hear the effective range is a bit small now.

Other than that this was a good update.

Hmm, didn't read the full thread like I usually do but it seems they fixed the issue with profile levels being inconsistent with actual levels due to the rollback from awhile ago (for example, I had a level 30 furax that was listed in my profile as level 20, that is now fixed.)

very bad update.. hek is now really useless. 

it was fun playing warframe.. time to give a break untill they fix this, cuz no1 is happy with the weapons changes.

cya

I'm very happy with this change. HEK is a shotgun. It should act like one, and now it does. And yes, it's my main primary weapon.

So seeya, Mr. "I just started playing this game about 2 weeks ago according to my join date".

Seriously DE, I don't know what you were thinking when you nerfed the HEK into the ground; Yes, it needed a nerf, but a higher bulletspread could have done the job, but now you can't hit a damn barn door past 15 meters! In addition, this is the only rank locked weapon. Unlocking it should be worth something, now this thing is outclassed by Strun etc. which aren't bound to ranks.

Just bought Gorgon, used it a bit, then BOOOM! the nerf. Now it's just useful for bosses, rest is an ammosink. I don't say anything in terms of Glaive...

Grineer wreck you to death again across the map with their sniper Grakatas while ballistas can't hit S#&$  and Shockwave Moa's lurk in green to shock you to death in a corner, why change the color. 

The first update I'm partially disappointed with.

Edit: People who agree with the "COD Shotgun logic" are really funny guys. A toned down version of the previous shotgun ranges would have been quite realistic, since pellets don't magically lose their momentum beyond 15m, they're just less dense.

Edited by SubductionX

Seriously DE, I don't know what you were thinking when you nerfed the HEK into the ground; Yes, it needed a nerf, but a higher bulletspread could have done the job, but now you can't hit a damn barn door past 15 meters! 

Just bought Gorgon, used it a bit, then BOOOM! the nerf. Now it's just useful for bosses, rest is an ammosink. I don't say anything in terms of Glaive...

Grineer wreck you to death again across the map with their sniper Grakatas while ballistas can't hit S#&$  and Shockwave Moa's lurk in green to shock you to death in a corner, why change the color. 

The first update I'm partially disappointed with.

Edit: People who agree with the "COD Shotgun logic" are really funny guys. A toned down version of the previous shotgun ranges would have been quite realistic, since pellets don't magically lose their momentum beyond 15m, they're just less dense.

15 meters? i couldnt hit a Anicent past 5.

I don't understand anything regarding shotguns here. I'm using shotguns and the range nerf is actually ok. You will hit targets in medium range just not long range anymore. The damage is ok even at medium range considering you have the damage mods on it. Gorgon seems a bit off though.

Kind of put off that there is no Glaive BP in the shop, only an option to buy it via plat. Though I got access to it by that way, some of my friends will have to wait for the RNG gods to drop an alert mission with the correct BP reward during a time window they have actual access to the game. Not a great move in my opinion

I realy like the sounds though, and the expansion of the dismemberment system, especially in combination with my new 'Glaive'.

I personally have no problem with the glaive being available only for plat for the time being. Those that really want it (and can afford to) can then support the game a bit. I'm sure the bp will be released sooner or later for us free-players. If I remember right, something similar to this happened with the Paris? Where initially there was no bp available? Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

In the meanwhile, https://www.facebook.com/WarframeAlerts?fref=ts

I'm very happy with this change. HEK is a shotgun. It should act like one, and now it does. And yes, it's my main primary weapon.

It doesn't act like a real shotgun at all. A real shotgun doesn't require you to be super close to have kill power. The Hek needed a bit of reduction to help lower it's OPness but they went to far (also lets not forget this update hurts the other shotguns as well and the Boar was not OP). This isn't a huge deal, they will more than likely fix it and eventually balance it. This is beta after all. But I will not stand people saying the shotguns are now accurate interpretations of real shotguns, because actually they are not.

Don't get me wrong not that i am complaining. but i cant see to decapitate yet...i like the limb's chopping but we'll we get a any beheading soon :P?

or maybe blowing A hole in back of the skull when you head shot with a Lex seems appropriate XD

sorry if this is too much gore but i like the idea of more ways to bring the pain!