Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To De: D Polarites On Secondaries Are Slightly Useless

manub

there is only 2 D polarity mods for secondaries: deep freeze, which is overshadowed by frostbite (same dmg, proc chance + & lessser polarity cost) & sure shot, whose buff to status chance is laughable

yet D polarity secondaries keep being created: gammacor & 5 of the 6 syndicate secondaries

is this a clue that more D-mods will appear, badly timed design or a ploy to make use forma (i'm kidding on this one but...)?

there is only 2 D polarity mods for secondaries: deep freeze, which is overshadowed by frostbite (same dmg, proc chance + & lessser polarity cost) & sure shot, whose buff to status chance is laughable

yet D polarity secondaries keep being created: gammacor & 5 of the 6 syndicate secondaries

is this a clue that more D-mods will appear, badly timed design or a ploy to make use forma (i'm kidding on this one but...)?

I think the problem is that there is an uneven and arbitrary distribution of Polarities in mods. 

I think DE does it to &!$$ people off.

This. A few REPEATED "mistakes" tend to fuel the impression that someone at DE like to mess with the players/doesn't give a damn about them.^^'

Though honestly, I just think it's honest "too much stuff going on everywhere to "fix" that kind of oversight".

Edited by Marthrym

This. A few REPEATED "mistakes" tend to fuel the impression that someone at DE like to mess with the players/doesn't give a damn about them.^^'

Though honestly, I just think it's honest "too much stuff going on everywhere to "fix" that kind of oversight".

That or we hate D polarites because they are useless and we want them off weapons because if required a formsla to take out.

Or move some mods to the D Polarity?

In fact, maybe modify a small chunk of the mods, so that it would have more even distribution of V, -- and D Polarity?

I think after hubs they might have a large re-shuffle of mods and other balances. It seems likely that since only a single tileset is planned after this and there won't be any more big releases until the maybe the next large conventions, sometime around may, there could be alot of bug fixes, mechanics 2.0 and item reshuffling.

I think after hubs they might have a large re-shuffle of mods and other balances. It seems likely that since only a single tileset is planned after this and there won't be any more big releases until the maybe the next large conventions, sometime around may, there could be alot of bug fixes, mechanics 2.0 and item reshuffling.

I hope so. 

I mean, I did try an attempt to make each Polarity has its distinct characteristic, and this is the result: 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/354684-making-weapon-polarities-be-more-balanced-out/

Parkour 2.0

It isn't that they're useless. It's the mod card/energy reduction value to CREATE VALUE FOR THE PLAYER. That is undervalued, lack of the variety of options or using this/that polarity.

Which means we need more polarities (maybe possibly systems) for the player to feel that they need to have Vazarin slots on their weapon. With Warframes the instrinsic value is survival ability or defensive value.  Which means we're now going down the road of guns with defensive options

One of the more recent guns I may to suppose and imply to explain this is interestingly enough:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Paracyst

With the secondary fire that takes specific enemies temporarily out of the game or rather out of action by knocking them down. Over just doing straight up damage. The other thing up until this point is that with weapons like:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Glaxion

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Quanta

Had a higher chance of doing blast damage over just spitting out high value in damage like Ogris or Penta.

You might be thinking. Well how can guns like this be valued as being defensive [sic] well it's the start of the whole blast- knockdown or ice freezing concurrent idea. But the thing you've got to remember about the Paracyst is that it's been built RIGHT into the secondary fire of the weapon. Thus presenting a newer player with the idea that "Yes, there are weapons which in the long run could potentially take-down, take-out, minimize harm on enemies like Vor in Tier 4 of the Void.

Which leads of course to the problem of why is ICE DAMAGE, a VARAZIN slot in the first place, IF it's only valued as elemental damage in Magnetic damage, Blast damage against infested ancients or In viral for the status proc of lowering health. It also brings into question the power requirement and might even require a bit more in-depth status system for the player(s) to feel comfortable with, valuing as build options.

To add to the idea of an existing system:

Just like critical stacking in Warframe when you go over 100% you get red crits. Where is the player going to feel the value when the status system goes over 100%. How about we expand that first. Then bring the ice mod into more a NARAMON tactical stance with a power value of 11. The only way an ICE MOD can be lower is if the developers want the player base to value the mod card.

The onus at the moment is on the player to either make the connection with the polarities in the weapon as a starting point of how the developer wanted "that player" to first try modding "that weapon".

Good meta, allows for a player base to play the way they want.

Good meta, allows for a variety of tools that scale up as the player discovers new tools.

Bad meta, allows for bum mediocre efficency with no very much wiggle room.

Bad meta, allows for damage first + multishot + elemental aspects over other aspects and build options that could of been expanded upon like say:

-- Critical Chance

-- Critical Damage

(The easy answer would of been critical overcharge, frame skill/weapon affect)

-- Status Chance

-- Status Damage

-- Status Duration

(The easy answer would be elemental status proc stacking)

(The tough answer for certain developers who read this forum, you know who you are, is how DO YOU give your player the tools to play the way, they want.)

-- The Impact, Precision and Slash damages that no one really gives a damn about bothers to much with.

TLDR;

Good meta keeps the usual efficiency down tap, but potentially allows for the player to build or expand whatever their mind can think of within the constraints of the game.

Bad meta locks the players into using efficency builds.

Bonus points: Why does Trinity keep getting changed/nerfed ?

Because most people rely on energy syphon anyway/energy anyway to just spam powers per-se over making the skills being valued towards the player about when they would like to use the skill. It's called having impact when the player is playing the game and thus giving the player a very specific choice as to not IF but WHEN or SHOULD I USE that NINJA SPELL and thus IMPACT. Because the only major choice a player has at the moment is "should I resurrect that downed player or not" and with the new Syndicate weaponary self resurrect is quite interesting, the biggest run in the face of the player is if they're going to do damage which is what they'll mod into in the longrun.

Edited by Kinjeto

It isn't that they're useless. It's the mod card/energy reduction value to CREATE VALUE FOR THE PLAYER. That is undervalued, lack of the variety of options or using this/that polarity.

Which means we need more polarities (maybe possibly systems) for the player to feel that they need to have Vazarin slots on their weapon. With Warframes the instrinsic value is survival ability or defensive value.  Which means we're now going down the road of guns with defensive options

One of the more recent guns I may to suppose and imply to explain this is interestingly enough:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Paracyst

With the secondary fire that takes specific enemies temporarily out of the game or rather out of action by knocking them down. Over just doing straight up damage. The other thing up until this point is that with weapons like:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Glaxion

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Quanta

Had a higher chance of doing blast damage over just spitting out high value in damage like Ogris or Penta.

You might be thinking. Well how can guns like this be valued as being defensive [sic] well it's the start of the whole blast- knockdown or ice freezing concurrent idea. But the thing you've got to remember about the Paracyst is that it's been built RIGHT into the secondary fire of the weapon. Thus presenting a newer player with the idea that "Yes, there are weapons which in the long run could potentially take-down, take-out, minimize harm on enemies like Vor in Tier 4 of the Void.

Which leads of course to the problem of why is ICE DAMAGE, a VARAZIN slot in the first place, IF it's only valued as elemental damage in Magnetic damage, Blast damage against infested ancients or In viral for the status proc of lowering health. It also brings into question the power requirement and might even require a bit more in-depth status system for the player(s) to feel comfortable with, valuing as build options.

To add to the idea of an existing system:

Just like critical stacking in Warframe when you go over 100% you get red crits. Where is the player going to feel the value when the status system goes over 100%. How about we expand that first. Then bring the ice mod into more a NARAMON tactical stance with a power value of 11. The only way an ICE MOD can be lower is if the developers want the player base to value the mod card.

The onus at the moment is on the player to either make the connection with the polarities in the weapon as a starting point of how the developer wanted "that player" to first try modding "that weapon".

Good meta, allows for a player base to play the way they want.

Good meta, allows for a variety of tools that scale up as the player discovers new tools.

Bad meta, allows for bum mediocre efficency with no very much wiggle room.

Bad meta, allows for damage first + multishot + elemental aspects over other aspects and build options that could of been expanded upon like say:

-- Critical Chance

-- Critical Damage

(The easy answer would of been critical overcharge, frame skill/weapon affect)

-- Status Chance

-- Status Damage

-- Status Duration

(The easy answer would be elemental status proc stacking)

(The tough answer for certain developers who read this forum, you know who you are, is how DO YOU give your player the tools to play the way, they want.)

-- The Impact, Precision and Slash damages that no one really gives a damn about bothers to much with.

TLDR;

Good meta keeps the usual efficiency down tap, but potentially allows for the player to build or expand whatever their mind can think of within the constraints of the game.

Bad meta locks the players into using efficency builds.

slightly overly long & complicated post I'm afraid, I can only vaguely see your point. but you seem to be asking for a redo of the status system. That's not what I'm asking for

proc & crit chances are things valued by the majority of players as high lvl ennemy progression makes pure dmg builds mostly irrelevant after a while.

a pure faction-oriented elemental dmg is great at 1st but doesn't really matter in the long run (even if DE said things weren't balanced for REALLY long runs)

my point was D polarity mods for secondaries are inexistant (2 mods only) & vastly inferior in cost/efficiency to mods displaying same mechanics.

what's the use of 60% dmg for 9 points if other mod does 60% dmg AND 60% status chance for 7 points?

as for the other: 15% status chance for 9 points vs the same as above

the D polarity wouldn't bother me if there were mods that would make having it attractive, which do not exist.

I'm not asking for a reforging of the polarity system, I'm asking: why do you keep adding these while you know from community feedback that the mods concerned need tweaking or other mods added to the same category

Bonus point: for trinity , go ask elsewhere please, I mostly agree but try not to derail the thread thank you