The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Was The Last Time You Played With A Random Rhino [Prime]

Draciusen

And they weren't door heroes?

I try not to discriminate based on Warframe, but I cannot remember the last time there was a Rhino that stayed with the team. Ever. Even those super-edgy loner Ash players stuck around closer than the Rhinos do.

Of course this excludes playing with friends/alliance/clan, but then again those are the exception to every community problem.

Not trying to say all door-heroes are Rhino players (They come in about every flavor), but a staggering majority of Rhino players are door-heroes.

Edited by Draciusen

As long as hes reviving , doing damage or something other than be afk I consider them to be helpful. Although if your talking  about roar yes I agree but honestly on lower levels on planets roar isn't necessary with a good gun.

Well, the nature of door-heroing doesn't lend itself to revives very often.

Can't tell you how many times I've seen door-hero Rhinos during the Mutalist survival event that went down, and I've had to traverse 3 entire tiles to reach the poor guy just so he could die right before me. After that I just made a point of not even bothering reviving anybody further than a tile away, as it's their fault for not sticking close to the team.

There were several moments where somebody went "Don't we have 4 players in the squad" and I have to remind them about the Rhino. Granted, he's probably the best frame for camping spawns, which is why everybody who plays him tend to do that; but that begs the question as to why they even bother turning matchmaking to public.

Edited by Draciusen

There's rarely a game session where i don't encounter them. Not always hallway heroes, but every time i see one of those with a boltor P, I know its going to be a boring run and feel like leaving.

I've encountered the rare fun Rhino which actually staus with the team, talks and doesn't die once his ironskin drops. But those usually only appear in the higher lvls.

And every time i encounter those cheese Rhino's on Pluto/Ceres/etc. They die faster than most caster frames.

I don't really mind door heroes are long as they don't go too far away.

Elevators, on the other hand?  I don't like seeing a Rhino/Prime be the first one in an elevator.  'Cause chances are the $&*^'s going to take it before other people get in, even if they're in the same room, running towards the elevator within sight.

I try to be objective and not discriminate, but seeing a Rhino get in the elevator first worries me simply due to lots of past experiences.

Edited by Rydian

Rhino Prime is my main. I stay as close to the pod as I can,and try to only stomp when needed (someone goes down,we get overrun,or my gun takes too long to reload).

I used Rhino for almost a year,with smatterings of other frames thrown in,until I got Rhino Prime.

I solo more than I join groups so he's good for me.

I try to stay with my team....hard to do when you're slower and everyone wants to rush to the end.....

Which is why I end up reviving people most of the time.

More often than not in high level missions people rely on me to be the only survivor.....so they can save their revives (or have none left).

Personally all the Rhino/Rhino Primes I've run into were pretty decent guys.

Yes they were Door Heroes, but they pay attention to the others and if they saw us in trouble would come running over and revive us or Stomp to give us some breathing room. 

Its nice having teammates who use the Teammate/Ally health/shield view.

You guys rarely see Rhino/Rhino P anymore because they main Saryn now and spam 4.

I still use my balance build Rhino P, with Roar of course with decent damage buff and decent duration. With that I can use Rhino Charge :)

The strange thing is I rarely encounter a Rhino #$&(% anymore, all I see now is Excal and Saryn spamming 4.

Kudos to players that keep track of my Roar timer and get back to me as soon as it wears off so I can Roar again. Lighten up my work to buff the spread out squad.

Rhino prime's my main, and I admit to... getting a little carried away sometimes (or lost, I get turned around easily) but on missions where group cohesion is important I try to stick near the majority of my squad, and I'm generally the one doing the reviving since I'm the best one to stand there and take the fire.

and people who hit the elevators before their squads gets on are just a-holes.

I'm a rhino dang it I'm a leader not a follower I can run off if I want na j/k  I don't mind it if a rhino runs off a little ways if they can stay up that is what really gets me is a rhino comes in pops iron skin then go's down in the first 40 sec's of a game  then keeps going down like crazy every 2 sec's. 

really last time I was in a game with one I was farming shock mods when a rhino showed up I was like dam finally now we can get something good going then to my shock, horror and amazament I ended up picking that rhino up over 30 times in one 20 minute game and I was Nekros but I must say by the end of that game I was feeling like my little Nekros was GODZILLA . 

Thank god tho on my last run for  mods I got a real rhino that restored my fath in rhinos.

I played Rhino from my second frame, Rhino prime was my third, I truly love this frame especially with vanguard, I always considered Rhino to be more like a soldier Warframe, like the Ranger leading the way, but I make sure I am clearing a wide path for my team Plus I'm the best medic Rhino you will ever see. 1000 revives + after just 2 months. If sht gets tough I will literally bodyblock for the squishier Warframes and not much gets past me. I now have almost all frames but still enjoy playing Rhino on a few mission types.  

Rangers don't lead the way Rhinos do!

Today, actually, and all they were doing was rushing ahead while ignoring enemies. 

Needless to say, they got hurt pretty bad, and being the Guardian Angel that I am, I had to save them.

Edited by Tymerc

I meet them from time to time, the majority of Rhino Prime players go off and hallway hero the whole mission but I still encounter more team oriented Rhino Primes then I do Ashs. 

The 4 spamming hallway hero ash players have become a scurge of my games and is the reason why I play considerably less pug endless content.