Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Like To Believe That For Every Smart Person, There Is An Equally Dumb Individual As Well.

JaysInc

People as individuals are smart, but as a collective/group they are dumb as Hek.

My ENTIRE town.

Everyone comes up with some good ideas, educated, researched. They get together and shuffle out such a broken mess that the project is unneccessarily abandoned.

"Okay, we won't put that roadsign there if you don't fix the power lines on that Street so we can pave this whole neighborhood at once." What? Why?

It's more like there are 10 stupid people for every smart person.

It is probably more depressing than that: how many dumb-dumbs must you go through per every Einstein or Hawkings?

And what's more depressing is that as a species we've gotten to the point where said dumb-dumbs don't die off naturally either...

Ever seen Idiocracy...?

It is probably more depressing than that: how many dumb-dumbs must you go through per every Einstein or Hawkings?

And what's more depressing is that as a species we've gotten to the point where said dumb-dumbs don't die off naturally either...

Ever seen Idiocracy...?

The incredible amount of truth in this makes me sigh.

It should go a bit into your own deffinition of dumb, is it someone who knows how to do things but does them wrong? Or maybe someone who doesn't know how to do things? Either way, taking from Brimir regarding social occasions, if it's social contexts only they're being affected by variables out of their control (social pressure, will to be accepted vs rejection).

My take on this is society tends to prefer 'dumb' as in it's easily more rewarding (getting a  job easily, they know you won't do anything much different), while being 'smart' implies hard work and deviating from that said norm (prefering other kind of activities ->certain degree of isolation). In sum, as a poet once said, the one who does not know is likely happier than the rest.

Ever seen Idiocracy...?

Dangerous point of view.... how to become Hitler 101. LOL.

As Benjamin Franklin said in his letter to Magdalene Smith in 1788, "Hitler never said that".

Not those exact words; but if you read Mein Kampf he talks about how while one person is smart enough to be hard to convince of a falsehood, people as a group/collective are much easier to convince to the same effect. Also;

"If you put your penis on something, it is yours. No one else can eat it. " - Benjamin Franklin.