Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Working On A Saryn Cosplay! (Haitus)

Dagnie

You've got me wanting to do this for a Valkyr cosplay. Great work!

OH, second response to this because I have an important note for anyone deciding to use this route!

Be careful to make sure that the file is lighter than you expect it to be, because it will print darker. They may show the proof as looking perfect, but it doesn't always turn out that way! Especially darker colors.

And if your print does get messed up, don't feel bad about telling them about it.

This is how my Saryn fabric looked when I FIRST got it. Which is why it took so long to get the fabric: they had to reprint it because it printed WAY too dark. I was in tears over it when it first arrived. The entire damn thing was black!

In the center is how the colors in the proof they sent me looked, which is supposed to be "how it looks when printed."

GG2m8RI.jpg

So, be sure to lighten your files!!

Like the weapons?

Not yet, that'll be one of the last things to come.

Ideally, I'd like to make the 3 weapons I mainly use: Boltor, Lex, and Galatine.

Dual Kamas DE just got one a few Devstreams ago.

My first frame (other than default) was Saryn, Boltor or and Dual Kamas. But you can also look into weapons that match the plague theme Mire, embolist, Torrid. Synapse, etc.

Plus she's using Kama in her codex. But I'm biased, I prefer the dual look over 2handed.

As to the people who claim I'm perverted:

Your mind went there so don't act high and mighty. Plus its not "perverted" anyway, even like you assume its about body, that's not perverted.

Edited by Lightsmith

Dual Kamas DE just got one a few Devstreams ago.

My first frame (other than default) was Saryn, Boltor or and Dual Kamas. But you can also look into weapons that match the plague theme Mire, embolist, Torrid. Synapse, etc.

Plus she's using Kama in her codex. But I'm biased, I prefer the dual look over 2handed.

As to the people who claim I'm perverted:

Your mind went there so don't act high and mighty. Plus its not "perverted" anyway, even like you assume its about body, that's not perverted.

I just like how hard-hitting my Galatine is.

I don't generally use my melee all too much, especially these days since my main is now Mirage. It's just nice to be able to, in a bind, hit once and everyone's ded. c:

I rely on my boltor and powers above all. (Powers especially when I'm using Mirage)

wut can i say?

i'm attached to using the same loadout over and over LOLLL

--

As for the perverted thing:

Don't worry, there definitely has been some raunchier comments in this thread pffft.

I didn't take it as anything but asking about weapons, obv. But even if it had been perverse, I guarantee worse has been said/asked.

Like something about basically implying Saryn's a dominatrix of some kind/sex symbol and people tryna make sure I have the right body/appearance/etc to pull her off. Something about burlesque stuff somewhere in this thread too?

I-I don't even know, man.

But the perverts have already come long ago and left me a little worried about how the final product will be perceived.

Especially in person.

When people realize I'm a 5ft tall Saryn who kind of looks 10 when I have no helmet.

Rather than 5'7 bombshell status.

Y'all's are gonna be super disappointed if you expected some gorgeous model/walking sex symbol to be under that helmet, I'm throwing that out there now. And I already know at least one or two people who have posted in the past who will be disappointed about that fact ROFL.

Edited by Dagnie

I just like how hard-hitting my Galatine is.

I don't generally use my melee all too much, especially these days since my main is now Mirage. It's just nice to be able to, in a bind, hit once and everyone's ded. c:

I rely on my boltor and powers above all. (Powers especially when I'm using Mirage)

wut can i say?

i'm attached to using the same loadout over and over LOLLL

--

Especially in person.

When people realize I'm a 5ft tall Saryn who kind of looks 10 when I have no helmet.

Rather than 5'7 bombshell status.

Y'all's are gonna be super disappointed if you expected some gorgeous model/walking sex symbol to be under that helmet, I'm throwing that out there now. And I already know at least one or two people who have posted in the past who will be disappointed about that fact ROFL.

In I'm sure you'll look plenty good don't sell yourself short.

You're lucky your favorites are what you can use. Bolt or used to be my favorite looking but the sybris (lever action Tenno rifle) caught my fancy. Sadly I use Soma prime. Luckily my secondary Bolto is my favorite in looks and to use. Melee I like the looks of the Dark Sword but not my kind of weapon so can't use it. Other than Mesa my main is Rhino and I'm pure melee. Team up and keep me covered :P

I never viewed Saryn as SM never saw a connection.

I lack the skill to create anything of quality so good job on the work.

Post updates as you go and the final.

Remember bombshells are unstable and tend to blow up.

Edited by Lightsmith

Just putting this out there: I am fully supportive of people cosplaying whom- or whatever they want to, my statement of:

Pretty sure they were talking about the -ahem- assets.

was merely my interpretation of someone else's statement. 

I wasn't saying that Dagnie couldn't cosplay Saryn if she didn't have her exact body type. 

A lot of people seem to have misinterpreted me. 

Just putting this out there: I am fully supportive of people cosplaying whom- or whatever they want to, my statement of:

was merely my interpretation of someone else's statement. 

I wasn't saying that Dagnie couldn't cosplay Saryn if she didn't have her exact body type. 

A lot of people seem to have misinterpreted me. 

I didn't see it as you saying I had to have the exact bodytype at all. c:

I saw it as you correcting me on possibly misunderstanding a comment.

You're fiiiine, don't worry.

Alls y'all's are fine. c:

--

And thank you everyoneee for the support and for following along with this build~!! > 3<

I didn't see it as you saying I had to have the exact bodytype at all. c:

I saw it as you correcting me on possibly misunderstanding a comment.

You're fiiiine, don't worry.

Alls y'all's are fine. c:

--

And thank you everyoneee for the support and for following along with this build~!! > 3<

I was more responding to this comment:

Don't listen this perverted male

I was gonna take pics of the suit on with a corset but I couldn't find my corset and I already had the leg portion of the suit on, so I was like "screw it, I'm just gonna take cliche selfies since I already have this thing halfway on anyway."

So here, random saryn suit selfies.

inb4 lighting making my hair look bright yellow instead of blonde lel

gazNGaA.jpgFoqXHEI.jpg

F7joZMy.jpgsgv1Q7R.jpg

NOW YOU SEE

THE MAN BEHIND THE MASK

Edited by Dagnie