Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo .... Master Of ... What Again?!

nekrojiji

Limbo is not a master of anything. More like aprentice of the void.

Cataclysm is the tool with which Limbo should take advantage of the rift, when dealing with more than one entity.

This should move "anything" inside the cataclysm into the rift. Anything meaning the whole part of the world along with it's contents.

As it is now ... it only changes some enemies, that need to pass through the borders to get into the rift.

The fact that is not replaceable is another thing that  makes Limbo not the master of .....the rift.

Sending parts of the world, along with the now working single entities, in and out of the rift should be Limbo's tools.

I see a lot of potential ...... but it the current state .... only for single target use.

The AoE part of his toolkit makes him a very very ..... very slow warframe.

Edited by nekrojiji

Limbo depends on his weapons to deal damage, that's true, and he's definitely not the biggest damage dealer, sure. Instead he's one of the most versatile frames in game letting you take a lot of tactical approaches to each game.

Cataclysm is a great defense pod, 50+ secs of indestructible sphere. Needing to separate an area or to build a barrier, here you go, and those lvl 100 gunners can waste their ammo against it if they want it won't break. 

With rift walk you can get to mission points in a breeze, of course you can also draw attention to you and let the crystal cannons do their bang. Going at a huge enemy group, getting out of the rift, dropping a bomb and being back in the rift is great, and you become a capture master. Oh, remind those times when you couldn't get to the life support because you were interrupted by enemies even being invisible? Limbo doesn't.  
Needing a revive in the middle of a hazardous area?  Limbo is there for you where even a Rhino can't go without dying. 

Banish can be either a pvp killer, or the help your glass cannon needs to get in the middle of the enemies and use it's abilities.  If you spend a mod it also becomes a healer. The mission is over and your friend wants to get to extraction in a breeze or survive when the life support is off? voila.  Of course you can use it along rift walk and kill interesting targets.

His 3 Is a great help when you are rifting a lot.

The thing is:  Limbo is complex and most tenno are way too used to simple frames, there's no 4 to kill or go invis and slash slash slash. For this reason I think that Limbo will remain a niche warframe but it is a master of versatility, no doubt about it. 

Edited by SirLuke

Limbo depends on his weapons to deal damage, that's true, and he's definitely not the biggest damage dealer, sure. Instead he's one of the most versatile frames in game letting you take a lot of tactical approaches to each game.

Cataclysm is a great defense pod, 50+ secs of indestructible sphere. Needing to separate an area or to build a barrier, here you go, and those lvl 100 gunners can waste their ammo against it if they want it won't break. 

With rift walk you can get to mission points in a breeze, of course you can also draw attention to you and let the crystal cannons do their bang. Going at a huge enemy group, getting out of the rift, dropping a bomb and being back in the rift is great, and you become a capture master. Oh, remind those times when you couldn't get to the life support because you were interrupted by enemies even being invisible? Limbo doesn't.  

Needing a revive in the middle of a hazardous area?  Limbo is there for you where even a Rhino can't go without dying. 

Banish can be either a pvp killer, or the help your glass cannon needs to get in the middle of the enemies and use it's abilities.  If you spend a mod it also becomes a healer. The mission is over and your friend wants to get to extraction in a breeze or survive when the life support is off? voila.  Of course you can use it along rift walk and kill interesting targets.

The thing is:  Limbo is complex and most tenno are way too used to simple frames, there's no 4 to kill or go invis and slash slash slash. For this reason I think that Limbo will remain a niche warframe but it is a master of versatility, no doubt about it. 

The defense target still takes damage from projectiles shot from outside...... I tryed it like this until I noticed what I just said.  

For example, I can't palce the cataclysm on the Sabotage target and shoot from outside I'f I'm in rift walk, but I can shoot it if I'm in the material plane.

So, what you said ...... is not true, about the defense

Finnaly someone who reconises thes skill of limbo :D

The defense target still takes damage from projectiles shot from outside...... I tryed it like this until I noticed what I just said.  

For example, I can't palce the cataclysm on the Sabotage target and shoot from outside I'f I'm in rift walk, but I can shoot it if I'm in the material plane.

So, what you said ...... is not true, about the defense

Well, when I meant defense I meant... defense.  Either way I never had a similar issue, whenever I put cataclysm no normal bullets will enter, only if someone is riftwalking or inside the globe. No outside bullet is supposed to enter the globe.  

If you found a bug that's other thing and doesn't invalidate the point, it just needs fixing. 

Don't forget, you can also banish your kubrow to draw fire, and even banish a downed ally, helping you to revive them and letting them get away to better reposition themselves.

Limbo, the master of all TROLLS! PVE & PVP!!

have u tried max duration rift walk-build? u'r immune to all damage (assuming u didnt banish some enemies into rift)

/thread.

Vauban is the true master of trolls. He can stick his balls to your face. Also did I mention that bounce works on downed allies.

Limbo needs damage over time on all his rift abilities,scales with power strength. 

That really wouldn't solve any of his problems. Throwing a DOT would still make him very situational at best. Cataclysm needs a rework, rift surge needs to be an AOE, and his cast time needs to be improved to make him more viable. 

That really wouldn't solve any of his problems. Throwing a DOT would still make him very situational at best. Cataclysm needs a rework, rift surge needs to be an AOE, and his cast time needs to be improved to make him more viable. 

What is true is that Limbo is not a frame for everybody. He's perhaps one of the most complex frames and mastering him takes time, much more time than any of the other frames I've tried so far (All but trinity, zephyr and mesa). 

Limbo doesn't have a 4 to kill all, a 2 to become master race, a smashing 1 or a must have 3.   He has 4 abilities that synergize between themselves great. 

But situational?  Mag, volt, frost, hydroid arguably are... but Limbo? He's the swiss knife of the warframes.   Of course I wouldn't complain if they added more damage to his skills or allowed banish to be used as single target or area effect depending on the time holding 1. 

OP. For under lvl 30 enemies: Streamline, Intensity, Fleeting Expertise, Transient Fortitude, Stretch, all maxed +  lvl 2 blind rage and then anything of your chosing (defensive mods preferred) will make you become a master of destruction by spamming very hard hitting fast-aclysm on crowds. No forma needed most of the times. You can also max blind rage, but the efficiency drain ain't really worth the increased strength.

Void bubbles of doom!

For high level play it's not very viable tho.

I have been a Limbo user since his launch. I love him as a frame, personally. I have three issues, Cataclysm toggle, Rift Surge, and loot. Rift Surge supposedly affects a material plane, so it should be able to buff damage, even while not in the Rift. Loot needs to be able to be picked up in the Rift. The Rift Surge would fix the problem of Limbo's abilities need to be used with each other.

Limbo is great. 

I only want three things...

#1. Cancel-able Cataclysm.

#2. One-handed cast Rift-walk. 

#3. Enemy bullets passing through you while you're rift-walking damage any enemies in their travel trajectory. 

At last someone understands that it can do so much more only if his 4th would be cancelable (with no aditional damage so it won't be turnet into a nuker even if a bad nuker ....).

After watching the profile video I thought #3 would allready happen.

Think about it.... why don't I take damage or CC when i'm in a different dimension than my attacker? .... Maybe because anything that my atatcker does is in totaly different space?!  How can bullets stop in me if I don't interact with their dimension!?

I have been a Limbo user since his launch. I love him as a frame, personally. I have three issues, Cataclysm toggle, Rift Surge, and loot. Rift Surge supposedly affects a material plane, so it should be able to buff damage, even while not in the Rift. Loot needs to be able to be picked up in the Rift. The Rift Surge would fix the problem of Limbo's abilities need to be used with each other.

I always thought Rift Surge should boost the damage of Cataclysm and Banish.

I love Limbo, but I'm confused at the pick and choose additive DE has to his rift walk. He can run on ice, ignore lasers, and not get shocked by arc traps. But he can still get his energy zapped by trap doors and I believe nullifiers pull him from rift walk. If he's on a different plane of existence, nothing should affect him.

I love Limbo, but I'm confused at the pick and choose additive DE has to his rift walk. He can run on ice, ignore lasers, and not get shocked by arc traps. But he can still get his energy zapped by trap doors and I believe nullifiers pull him from rift walk. If he's on a different plane of existence, nothing should affect him.

Nullifiers are supposed to Nullify everything.

Think of it has a field that prevents the void or rift from going through. 

That's it.