Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wow Just Wow

rechot

This was pretty much the guaranteed ultimate outcome of Dark Sectors the moment they changed the rails to PvP only. PvP is a serious minority in warframe, most people won't play it. By making rail conflicts PvP they more or less ensured that the majority of people who make use of the Dark Sector nodes wouldn't be able to support their favored clans/alliances in rail conflicts.

There are other issues, like previous combatants for a node getting priority on rail deployment but I still feel like the biggest issue is the fact that only a minority of people contribute to rail conflicts due to PvP. 

This was pretty much the guaranteed ultimate outcome of Dark Sectors the moment they changed the rails to PvP only. PvP is a serious minority in warframe, most people won't play it. By making rail conflicts PvP they more or less ensured that the majority of people who make use of the Dark Sector nodes wouldn't be able to support their favored clans/alliances in rail conflicts.

There are other issues, like previous combatants for a node getting priority on rail deployment but I still feel like the biggest issue is the fact that only a minority of people contribute to rail conflicts due to PvP.

I concur .

Well, for what it's worth I only participate in rail conflicts BECAUSE they're PVP (the only kind of PVP I enjoy, in any case.)

It's honestly not even that it's PvP, it's that it's  unbalanced peer to peer hosted PvP. Give me a pre-set/class style with a few variants of frames and gear + dedicated servers and I'll be there to toss my hat in and try and make it work. As is though? Absolutely pointless.

I like this idea.  Though, there wouldn't be incentives for outsiders to participate in conflicts.  I'm not saying that's even a bad thing, but the necessary win count the attackers need would probably need to be adjusted.

Meh still could have battle pay for it. But the creds would need to be used from what a clan gains from the bonuses. So its more if you want to run the rail you need to farm to sustain its pay or someone else who wants it will take it/just plain hope that people side with you.

Besides that there is hardly a reason to participate in conflicts now. Once it was made pvp all bets were off since only a small amount of people actually want to play pvp in warframe. >.> when DE did that I was surprised that the forum didn't burst into flames.

Edited by dragonkingdx

It's honestly not even that it's PvP, it's that it's  unbalanced peer to peer hosted PvP. Give me a pre-set/class style with a few variants of frames and gear + dedicated servers and I'll be there to toss my hat in and try and make it work. As is though? Absolutely pointless.

These are my thoughts exactly on dark sector PVP. Considering how imbalanced things are to begin with across the board, it seems silly to me that we don't have set classes to use on the dark sectors, let alone dedicated servers for it.

Well, for what it's worth I only participate in rail conflicts BECAUSE they're PVP (the only kind of PVP I enjoy, in any case.)

And indeed, for those that enjoy PvP I'm glad they got another mode to play in but I just wish I wasn't tied to PvE content in this way. I feel like there really should be an option for PvE folks to support alliances in rail conflicts. Maybe if both PvP and PvE options were available, something like 1 pvp win is worth 3 PvE wins so PvP would still be relevant to the conflicts but PvE players can help too. 

Case closed, De needs to do something about using alternate accounts to be used by alliances to block or play games with the community, very sad to see :(

28chz6s.jpg

The entire point of Dark Sectors was to leave them in player control. It's anything goes, really.

Unless it's something like defenders DDoSing attackers, I don't see DE ever changing much or intervening.

Ever since DE changed mechanism of defending Dark Sector. It was a HUGE Nerf to the Dark Sector, and even bigger for people who lied about their BattlePay.

DE really needs to do something about Dark Sectors:

1. Battlepay is changeable (Some clans manipulate battlepay and later they change to 0 credits. Guess what u get? 0 Credits instead of previous reward)

2. No Alliance can "attack" a friendly Dark Sector

3. Dark Sector needs to go Mobile Defend mission (We don't want PVP)

4. Limit TAX level

Ever since DE changed mechanism of defending Dark Sector. It was a HUGE Nerf to the Dark Sector, and even bigger for people who lied about their BattlePay.

DE really needs to do something about Dark Sectors:

1. Battlepay is changeable (Some clans manipulate battlepay and later they change to 0 credits. Guess what u get? 0 Credits instead of previous reward)

2. No Alliance can "attack" a friendly Dark Sector

3. Dark Sector needs to go Mobile Defend mission (We don't want PVP)

4. Limit TAX level

1. you are simply too slow. It s not possible to change the battlepay, you have to wait until the battlepay is gone before you can set up the next one.

And between the current battlepay and the upcoming battlepay are always 0 bp gaps because we are human beeings. Sometimes you play a mission while the battlepay is running out, sometimes the battlepay is gone faster than expected and sometimes you dont want to put up battlepay anymore.

2. Aparrently, clans/alliances cant attack clans if they are in the same alliance. It was fixed soon after DS was introduced.

3. YOU dont want PvP. I love it.

4. the tax is limitied on a scale of 0 to 100%.

I'd be actually impressed if an actual alliance (not this fake FIRE, srsly..you guys seem very bored) manages to take them down and finally bring up real taxes - because what is asked is theoretically impossible(only theoretically, maybe some can).

Even if the an alliance would go against them, the chance now being terribly smallered due to a lot not being interested in pvp, the batte pay thinking would come up here. They put up a huge battle pay (probably more than the competitor) and the usual player - that was farming there thinks ,,Yay, im gonna be rich'' and takes the higher battle pay which will most likely be ICE(or any of the big 3). Thus meaning that already a lot people will be on their side.That would mean that the community would have to come up with a huge and genuine alliance that would keep on fighting - despite what they get would not be quite as high. And as I already mentioned, how many alliances are still playing DS so that would be possible?

I'd be honestly impressed - if it would be taken down.