Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Discovered The New Meta Of Damage I Feel

cyrus106

Alright so me and my buddy link4355 were goofing around with his max range max power excalibur build, which does roughly 2500~ to most units. I got my volt and used shock trooper(max rank and max power strength on volt) on him, and noticed a 300% increase in damage for his weapon and powers. I had him ult to test it and indeed it did 7500 damage. So I had my other friend BagelbaronessKira get online and bring her fireball frenzy(also max rank, only intensify on ember) and ALSO apply it to excal at the same time. It stacked multiplicatively., not additivly. His ult started doing roughly 11,000-22,000~. What the actual F***. With those numbers we can assume a third frame would cause it to reach 20,000~. That is a 300% for the initial buff, but I'm unsure how the stacking formula works. increase. that's 900%~ increase. Don't get me started on how strong that could possibly make weapons, will post pictures and more tests as I continue to try out more combinations!

Edit: Some people are reporting varying amounts of damage increases from this augment, so that needs to be tested for it's correlation for power strength

Edit: It appears the damage stacking is not set static at 300%, but rather it is based of power strength (?) (not confirmed)

Pictures!(notice 11,000 with excal):

(It appears to be radiation damage, which is fire + electric of course)

(Just with Shock trooper)

XagES38.jpg

(both I believe)qMu30kI.jpg

Edited by cyrus106

Ho boy.

Well, if this IS a bug I suggest you guys get out there and enjoy abusing it as much as possible. I bet they'll fix this pretty quickly after identifying the cause so might as well have your fill.

Take a few screenshots of the ridiculous damage you manage as a keepsake.

Ho boy.

Well, if this IS a bug I suggest you guys get out there and enjoy abusing it as much as possible. I bet they'll fix this pretty quickly after identifying the cause so might as well have your fill.

Take a few screenshots of the ridiculous damage you manage as a keepsake.

I agree. We need to record this so many years in the future when it breaks again you can say "Back in my day...."

Buff mesa with fireball frenzy and shock trooper

Have nova fire off her AMD

Have volt stack shields

Have mesa use opticor and use her 1 on the ball(behind the shields)

Please tell me what the hit is gonna be like :D

bNa0Hrh.gif

Edited by kiteohatto

This sounds like it would be hilarious on mesa's ult.

This would be hilarious on a Mesa. She already does 3k damage or so per shot with her ult. Combine it with three of these mods and she will easily become the most powerful single-target destroyer in the game.
 Full-speed, her ult shoots about 9-10 rounds per second, it seems.
3,000x3x3x3x10.
 810,000 potential damage per second.

Ok, so it works on the obvious nukes.

Boring. Lets try have some fun with this.

What else does it work on? Vaubans Teslas? Hydroids Tentacles? Zephyrs Tornadoes? Mirages Prism?

What if the buff auguments actually increase warframe power strength? Could a speed Nova be buffed to slow enemies down? Would it affect the damage boost you would get out of hitting a Sonar weakpoint? More energy out of Energy Vamp?

We worked out it does damage. What else can we use this for?

Edited by Dualstar

Ok, so it works on the obvious nukes.

Boring. Lets try have some fun with this.

What else does it work on? Vaubans Teslas? Hydroids Tentacles? Zephyrs Tornadoes? Mirages Prism?

What if the buff auguments actually increase warframe power strength? Could a speed Nova be buffed to slow enemies down? Would it affect the damage boost you would get out of hitting a Sonar weakpoint?

We worked out it does damage. What else can we use this for?

Testing this as well, so far it only adds damage to damage abilities and damage to weapons

Duration mods also seems to direction affect the duration of the aug

Edited by cyrus106