Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Sigil Experience = Arcane Helmets V2.0

NGarai

I see a similarity of helmet stats (circa update 10) a cosmetic item, and syndicate sigil experience also a cosmetic item to be an issue. Yet know one has raised the red flag to point this out.

I firmly hold that the experience bonus tied to a syndicate sigil design must be a separate entity. I am moderately irritated that a subjective preference is influenced by objective benefits. I want to relish in the creativity of DEs art team unfettered by game mechanics. This view is specific to vanity items and not other aspects of the game.

I have not give the issue enough thought to present alternatives. I am hoping that the community may chime in and provide alternatives. Or illuminate if or not it is an issue.

Do you think sigil experience bonuses are fine tied the the cosmetic item? or needs to connect to an alternative mechanism?

I see a similarity of helmet stats (circa update 10) a cosmetic item, and syndicate sigil experience also a cosmetic item to be an issue. Yet know one has raised the red flag to point this out. (...)

Actually, a ton of people asked for syndicate sigils to provide a benefit since they were so expensive, so they were made to give a rep bonus. Previously they were purely cosmetic.

EDIT: Also the rep bonus counts against your daily cap, and the differences between them are small enough that they can still be treated as cosmetics. I definitely won't be wearing the top Meridian sigil much hahaha.

Edited by Guest

Going farming? Use the sigil with the highest bonus.

Don't care about the rep farm? Use your favorite sigil.

Nothing is forcing you to use a sigil, especially when you already get great rates without them. Simply put, they don't affect how you play the game at all.

Arcane helmets modded your stats, changed how your frames performed. That is a gameplay change.

These bonuses are minuscule and affect only the speed you gain reputation - they don't increase the cap and don't give any game play advantages.

I think it's fair.

Nothing is forcing you to use a sigil, especially when you already get great rates without them. Simply put, they don't affect how you play the game at all.

Exactly.

Actually, a ton of people asked for syndicate sigils to provide a benefit since they were so expensive, so they were made to give a rep bonus. Previously they were purely cosmetic.

Yep. The best solution is-

I agree,  Simply owning a sigil should give you the percentage experience boost, you should be able to wear whatever style of sigil you like from said syndicate.

-----

and dismissive answers like-

Nothing is forcing you to use a sigil, especially when you already get great rates without them.

-miss the point.

When rep bonuses were being applied to sigils, it was mentioned that DE initially chose not to do it because of the same reason applied to arcane helmets (cosmetic vs function). Community protested and, due to large demand, rep bonuses were added to higher tier sigils. This was a design decision pushed forward by the community (if my memory is correct).

Dude the rep bonus is based off of the sigil, which you can get a free upgraded one with each level in the syndicate. The arcane helmets gave you actual stat differences. This whole argument is basically invalid. The sigils need the boost since before they put it in it was a terrible grind. It is still not a great grind but that's 15% less play time each day to hit the cap.

I know that the sigil experience bonus does not effect my tactical decisions (gameplay). I am irritated that their is any mechanical benefit to an aesthetic choice. This distinction between cosmetics and bonuses was the cornerstone issue of the arcane helmets (the fact that there was a gameplay effect heightened the issue). I am arguing that there should be no mechanical benefits to cosmetics items.

Exactly.

you don't understand, you are still restricting freedom of choice for absolutely no reason what ever. there is no reason to gain bonuses much faster with one sigil  instead of another sigil. this means that if you want to get one of those syndicate weapons or a augment card (WHICH AFFECT GAMEPLAY) then you MUST wear a specific sigil.

it's basically like forcing a player to wear a specific color because that color gave them bonus credits and that player wanted to farm credits.

I know that the sigil experience bonus does not effect my tactical decisions (gameplay). I am irritated that their is any mechanical benefit to an aesthetic choice. This distinction between cosmetics and bonuses was the cornerstone issue of the arcane helmets (the fact that there was a gameplay effect heightened the issue). I am arguing that there should be no mechanical benefits to cosmetics items.

^ the benefit is extremely minor.....

15% more rep when it takes less than a few hours to hit the daily cap aint much.....you just have to spend a tiny bit more time

if this affects you so much...then dont use the benefit of the sigils

but there is no real benefit in terms of power or acquirement of any kind....

^ the benefit is extremely minor.....

Regardless of the benefit. The fact that it was a game design choice sets a precedent. It a precedent that needs to stop.

It gets more non-nonsensical of u look at the sigil experience bonus structure cost. With any syndicates first reputation tier there are 3 sigils all with the same bonus yet they cost 2,500 incrementally. You are being charged for an aesthetic preference.

Edited by NGarai

When rep bonuses were being applied to sigils, it was mentioned that DE initially chose not to do it because of the same reason applied to arcane helmets (cosmetic vs function). Community protested and, due to large demand, rep bonuses were added to higher tier sigils. This was a design decision pushed forward by the community (if my memory is correct).

This is the answer. Blame your fellow forum goers. 

and yet-

Simply owning a sigil should give you the percentage experience boost, you should be able to wear whatever style of sigil you like from said syndicate.

-provides what the community was after without loosing what DE wanted.

Win Win.

This is the answer. Blame your fellow forum goers. 

No pls. No blaming, no hating. Propose a fix instead.

EDIT: 

I agree,  Simply owning a sigil should give you the percentage experience boost, you should be able to wear whatever style of sigil you like from said syndicate.

So basically introduce a flag in people's profiles upon buying a certain sigil which automatically multiplies their rep gain with a certain faction when any sigil of that faction is worn? Sounds like a good solution.

Edited by Guest

this means that if you want to get one of those syndicate weapons or a augment card (WHICH AFFECT GAMEPLAY) then you MUST wear a specific sigil.

Who are you trying to convince here? You are not required to where a specific sigil to get augment mods or the synd. weapons. You know this for a fact, but address the situation as if you didn't. You're use of over-exaggeration isn't helping your case. 

You can wear any sigil you please & still attain any syndicate item you like, granted you have the correct amount of Rep. Lower tiered sigils will just require you to put in a negligible amount of extra time. Either way, the daily cap can be passively reached by just playing the game.  

I have no issue with Sigils giving us players a minute bonus on reputation gain, but if your issue about is it not being able to use the sigil you like, I think an alternative would be for DE to give a fixed amount of bonus reputation gain depending on your syndicate rank.

e.g

rank 1 = 5%

rank 2 = 8 %

rank 3 = 10%

rank 4 = 13%

rank 5 = 15%

I have no issue with Sigils giving us players a minute bonus on reputation gain, but if your issue about is it not being able to use the sigil you like, I think an alternative would be for DE to give a fixed amount of bonus reputation gain depending on your syndicate rank.

e.g

rank 1 = 5%

rank 2 = 8 %

rank 3 = 10%

rank 4 = 13%

rank 5 = 15%

Alternatively remove the bonus altogether and adjust the experience needed per rank. Once a Tenno has reached max rank introduce a special mission that grants bonus experience for further missions played that day. The bonus received is based on mission difficulty completed.

Who are you trying to convince here? You are not required to where a specific sigil to get augment mods or the synd. weapons. You know this for a fact, but address the situation as if you didn't. You're use of over-exaggeration isn't helping your case. 

You can wear any sigil you please & still attain any syndicate item you like, granted you have the correct amount of Rep. Lower tiered sigils will just require you to put in a negligible amount of extra time. Either way, the daily cap can be passively reached by just playing the game.  

yeah I didn't read through my post before I posted it.

what I meant to say was that if you wanted to get either of the things I mentioned in reasonable time frame then you must wear the highest tiered sigil no matter how ugly you think it is (or if it doesn't match your theme) this allows others who start syndicates at the same time as you will have weapons and augment abilities before you do allowing them to be better in mission than you simply cause you didn't choose to wear a sigil you didn't like.

you don't understand, you are still restricting freedom of choice for absolutely no reason what ever. there is no reason to gain bonuses much faster with one sigil  instead of another sigil. this means that if you want to get one of those syndicate weapons or a augment card (WHICH AFFECT GAMEPLAY) then you MUST wear a specific sigil.

it's basically like forcing a player to wear a specific color because that color gave them bonus credits and that player wanted to farm credits.

I wear whatever I like and ignore the bonuses. Not everything in this damn game has to be numbers. They are not "forcing me" to do anything.

The number difference is tiny anyway.

I wear whatever I like and ignore the bonuses. Not everything in this damn game has to be numbers. They are not "forcing me" to do anything.

The number difference is tiny anyway.

Going to quote myself for emphasis:

Regardless of the benefit. The fact that it was a game design choice sets a precedent. It a precedent that needs to stop.

It gets more non-nonsensical of u look at the sigil experience bonus structure cost. With any syndicates first reputation tier there are 3 sigils all with the same bonus yet they cost 2,500 incrementally. You are being charged for an aesthetic preference.

Now, I'm not against some kind of change but,

yeah I didn't read through my post before I posted it.

what I meant to say was that if you wanted to get either of the things I mentioned in reasonable time frame then you must wear the highest tiered sigil no matter how ugly you think it is (or if it doesn't match your theme) this allows others who start syndicates at the same time as you will have weapons and augment abilities before you do allowing them to be better in mission than you simply cause you didn't choose to wear a sigil you didn't like.

So someone has something before you? You will still get access to the same stuff, no one has an advantage over anyone else. This really only impacts people who power through their syndicate leveling constantly.